ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gmx

Re: august applicant

Post by gmx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Well, we're dealing with a "closed, secretive and defensive culture" organisation here. So, that makes sense.

I just called them again today to be told off "Why do you keep on calling us every week? Please continue to wait" . That guy didn't even ask for my reference number.

adkh2_1 wrote:Thanks for confirming dude..
i suppose my next question is what if UKBA tells you on the phone your application is not complete... and few hrs later you receive your ILR... I remember i saw that on this forum once....

AMH wrote:It doesn't matter how many number of times you called
I'm a sept applicant and I'm calling atleast 3times a week as 6months exceed
adkh2_1 wrote:does it matter how many times you call UKBA to findout about your applications outcome?... i am one of the sep applicant...

i called UKBA 3 times already in last few weeks ..

Izno wrote:Hello friends,

I am August applicant ( 09th ) , call ukba today , my case.." not yet completed."

I have noticed on skydrive most August applicants are nearly completed which is a great at least there are working on those cases !!

Any August one , who has not received any response so far ?

Regards.
izno

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:37 pm

how did the guy know you call every week ?
do they log the number of time we call them ?
gmx wrote:Well, we're dealing with a "closed, secretive and defensive culture" organisation here. So, that makes sense.

I just called them again today to be told off "Why do you keep on calling us every week? Please continue to wait" . That guy didn't even ask for my reference number.

i suppose my next question is what if UKBA tells you on the phone your application is not complete... and few hrs later you receive your ILR... I remember i saw that on this forum once....

adkh2_1 wrote:does it matter how many times you call UKBA to findout about your applications outcome?... i am one of the sep applicant...

Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

workseeker
Newly Registered

Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Post by workseeker » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for 10 years ILR on 23 Nov 2012, received my Bio-metric in the month of 10 Jan 2013 which was done the day next. Now my Tier 1 General visa is due to expire by end of next month.

Even though it says in the bio-metric letter that I can continue to work until the decision has been made, does this rule applies for dependents as well?

If my dependents employer is asking for any evidence to show the eligible to continue her current work, can bio-metric letter addressed to me is sufficient enough to provide as evidence?

On a separate note: If for any reason SET(o) application is refused after my Tier - 1 Visa expiry, am I still eligible to apply for FLR on Tier 1?

Any help on the above information is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

gmx

Post by gmx » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:45 pm

At first, he asked me when I last called them. I said last week. Then straightaway his tone changed and he said what I wrote below, without asking my details.

Maybe I should just keep quiet and twiddle my thumbs?

I don't think they log our calls. I always withhold my number whenever calling them.
adkh2_1 wrote:how did the guy know you call every week ?
do they log the number of time we call them ?
gmx wrote:Well, we're dealing with a "closed, secretive and defensive culture" organisation here. So, that makes sense.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:47 pm

workseeker wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for 10 years ILR on 23 Nov 2012, received my Bio-metric in the month of 10 Jan 2013 which was done the day next. Now my Tier 1 General visa is due to expire by end of next month.

Even though it says in the bio-metric letter that I can continue to work until the decision has been made, does this rule applies for dependents as well?

If my dependents employer is asking for any evidence to show the eligible to continue her current work, can bio-metric letter addressed to me is sufficient enough to provide as evidence?

If you've made an application for your dependent and she's submitted her Bio-metrics, her employer should be able to do a ECS check with the UKBA.

On a separate note: If for any reason SET(o) application is refused after my Tier - 1 Visa expiry, am I still eligible to apply for FLR on Tier 1?

Yes, you'd be covered by Section 3C.

Any help on the above information is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:49 pm

I am August applicant ( 09th ) , call ukba today , my case.." not yet completed."

I have noticed on skydrive most August applicants are nearly completed which is a great at least there are working on those cases !!

Regards.
izno
Still waiting mate. Good luck to us all.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:49 pm

I understand your frustration, but why don't we take some comfort in knowing that, as of today, half of July applications have not been processed yet and it will take at least another month for them to process August applications? The home office was saying that they were dealing with July applications at the beginning of March. It's been a month and they are still dealing with the Julies. We will have to wait at least another month, don't you think?

I have given up on joining any employer-led programme (such as post-MBA or post-PhD/MSc/MA programme/scheme run by an employer). No employers want to wait for my passport to arrive any longer (and they can't wait when they don't know when it arrives). I have withdrawn my applications and decided to wait until the home office returns my passport. After we graduate, we only get one chance at joining these schemes. If a year passes after you graduate, you are not eligible to apply. I am completely thrown out of the conventional career ladder. I still don't see the point in calling the home office every week.

This application has taught me good lessons though. The greatest lesson of all is never start a project without having a contingency plan. I got myself in this mess where I can't move on with my life without the home office processing my application. I was also over-generous with the time-planning. How naive was I? I should have planned this better. Had I known the actual processing time (not the estimate), I would have applied a year earlier. I should have done my research.

I should have done thorough due diligence on the application process before making the application.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Regards.
izno
Hi

I also applied in Aug and still haven't heard back anything. Every time when I call UKBA, I get the same answer....I'm very frustrated with the whole process. I also contacted my MP however UKBA advised me that they are dealing with July applications at the moment and can't give me any time scale on my application.....very disappointed...

I am not going to call anybody now as I don't think if it's gonna help. The UKBA will take what they are going to take...so just gonna wait..

Noman Abbasi
Newly Registered

Future Application

Post by Noman Abbasi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:15 pm

I have been a silent follower of this forum.

I am going to apply for ILR-10 years (8 years on Student plus 2 years on PSW) in July.

Now my problem is I have my wedding planned in December! (God knows if I'd even be able to travel by then) Also, not to mention I would have to then apply for Spouse visa for my wife and all this process starts all over again!

I watched the programme on C4 and honestly guys it was a disgrace to watch! Its peoples lives we are talking about, people like you and me. I can only hope in light of recent media flash lights, by the time it comes July they would have cleared out this backlogs. Good luck to all. :shock:

essentialSalt

Re: Future Application

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Noman Abbasi wrote:I have been a silent follower of this forum.

I am going to apply for ILR-10 years (8 years on Student plus 2 years on PSW) in July.

Now my problem is I have my wedding planned in December! (God knows if I'd even be able to travel by then) Also, not to mention I would have to then apply for Spouse visa for my wife and all this process starts all over again!

I watched the programme on C4 and honestly guys it was a disgrace to watch! Its peoples lives we are talking about, people like you and me. I can only hope in light of recent media flash lights, by the time it comes July they would have cleared out this backlogs. Good luck to all. :shock:
Can you not apply now? Do no make the same mistake as I did. The sentence in bold seems to suggest that you are as naive as I was when I applied for mine last year. When I applied for the visa in August, I thought "well, 6 months from now, at the latest I will have my documents back by the end of Feb." I planned everything accordingly. I told my prospective employers that "I will have my passport back definitely before March." How wrong was I?

I don't mean harsh or mean (to you or the home office). Just don't rely on the published service standards. Don't take them at face value. You will be sorry. We (humans) sometimes mislead people just by using a more optimistic word. "We want to process all applications within 6 months" sounds the same as "We will process all applications within 6 months." The home office might have good reasons for the delays, but we are never told those reasons for the delays. Applicants will be kept in the dark until they make the decision. I don't want you to cancel your wedding at the last minute. Just an advice. You don't have to take it.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noman Abbasi
Newly Registered

Post by Noman Abbasi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Wish I could but I can only apply from July. This is where my legal stay completes.

I know in brutal times like these, Naivety is an unforgivable sin!

The whole system is in shambles honestly. I wish there was Same day service for 10 years route, I would have paid any fees.

But then, I expected the delays as soon as I read the news about UKBA staff being diverted for Olympics duties.

Being oblivious to situation, I can only hope the load gets cleared out in next few months.

How did you deal with the prospective employers? This is another arena I would have tread carefully.

Can't believe it has been 10 years, I have been putting my head down studying , working and after 10 years I am still stuck in the same Dogma.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Noman Abbasi wrote: How did you deal with the prospective employers? This is another arena I would have tread carefully. Can't believe 10 years, I have been putting my head down studying , working and after 10 years I am still stuck in the same Dogma.
I have withdrawn all of my applications (post-interview stage, offer stage applications). I will have to wait until the home office makes their decision.

Major firms (MNEs, established medium firms): At the entry and <5 years experienced level, most companies do not even bother interviewing you if you don't have the visa. You can say it's currently under review, but the chance of you getting an interview is not good. The HR often don't have the right information as the home office keeps changing rules. So it's easier for them to say "hell with it. I won't look at applications without the right visa." The HR only give the CVs of those with the right to work to hiring managers. There is a very good chance that your CV gets tossed in the HR department for not having the visa. At major firms, someone from the HR has to read/approve your CV before a hiring manager can look at it.

SMEs: Surprisingly, they can be less stringent when it comes to the visa. If you are in engineering, IT, healthcare or hedge funds (prestigious ones) and they think you are the right candidate, they will interview you and make you an offer. The problem is the offer might not stand if your employer thinks there is too much paperwork to be done. They are small companies. An offer can be made within days and can be withdrawn within days.

Headhunters: They will not deal with applicants without the visa. What they do is to call you and arrange a meeting (having looked at your CV). If the meeting goes well, they will ask you to bring some ID that proves your right to work.

If you apply for the visa from the student visa, you will be on the student visa until they make the decision. This makes it almost impossible to look for a job, at least not in the mainstream business. If you are currently on the work visa, you can't change your job at least for a year. You are in the same situation as students. You can't look for a new job. If you can, do not apply through this 10 year route.

settlementnow
Newly Registered

Post by settlementnow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Regards.
izno
I am also 24 Aug applicant but whenever call HO same answer....... FRUSTRATING

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:29 pm

DEAR ALL,

I have a good news to share. I have received BRP cards and Passports today. Thank you very much for everyone in this forum. Especially Damani your help and support in this forum is highly appreciated.

I have updated skydrive. However below is my time scale:-

Application sent on : 27.09.2012

Biometrics givenn on : 03.12.2012

BRP received : 22.04.2013

Lets prey for all outstanding applications. Especially July & August applications. All the best for everyone.

Thank you.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

congrats on getting your ILR...

did you expedite your case or anything ?
Terry143 wrote:DEAR ALL,

I have a good news to share. I have received BRP cards and Passports today. Thank you very much for everyone in this forum. Especially Damani your help and support in this forum is highly appreciated.

Lets prey for all outstanding applications. Especially July & August applications. All the best for everyone.

Thank you.

Izno

Post by Izno » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Hello , thanks for reply .I agree with you. I dont see the point of calling them as its will be just a waste of money...and they have a screen ...when they can only see " have not been completed " no more than that...

So what did you MP told you when he did the inquiry about your case ?

We paying for this service ...and we being treating like animals......
mrgsingh wrote:

Regards.
izno
Hi

I also applied in Aug and still haven't heard back anything. Every time when I call UKBA, I get the same answer....I'm very frustrated with the whole process. I also contacted my MP however UKBA advised me that they are dealing with July applications at the moment and can't give me any time scale on my application.....very disappointed...

I am not going to call anybody now as I don't think if it's gonna help. The UKBA will take what they are going to take...so just gonna wait..

DRcfox
Newly Registered

Post by DRcfox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Izno I am still waiting and I am 31 Aug. I do have news that my case is with a work team and a decision will be with me shortly....not sure what shortly means but fingers crossed soon.

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Terry143 wrote:DEAR ALL,

Lets prey for all outstanding applications. Especially July & August applications. All the best for everyone. Thank you.
Hi, Terry! Really good news! Thanks for sharing. Which documents did you send? Passports only? Did you have any days out of the UK?
I should send my kid's(21 years old) documents... Thank you in advance.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: SET - O (10 years) - FLR-m

Post by saanju9 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 am

DB12 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi rensal. No I haven't return my passport, as I need to apply for my sons citizen registration. But couple of senior member on this forum suggested me that I don't need to send it as they would already aware of due to my wife's file is linked to my application.
The reason it was told that many members do send spouse flr(m) application along with set(o) because their spouse visa may be expiring along with their main applicant including me. so there is no chance of sending sponsors passport for flr(m) and giving reason that it is with UKBA and awaiting decision and later flr(m) visa will be awarded after the main applicant case considered.

but in your case i don't know that you have already received your passport and brp.

But anyway nothing wrong, just keep an eye on the post , best of luck. Please do call them or write to them whether they need your documents ?
Hi Z18,

as yes I have received my Passport & BRP card last week along with approval letter.

should I wait for them to contact me or just call them and ask whether I need to send my passport & brp back to them. if I will need to send them then it will create problem for my son's MN1 application.

any suggestion from your side. if I hear further then I will let you know.

@DB12 did you by any chance happened to call UKBA and get through them regarding this issue...i tried 3 - 20 mins but i couldn't and they are closed before i finished work to stay longer on the phone...

could u give us some update if u called them regarding whether to send your docs for your spouses FLR(m)..

thanks mate

Abchardik

Need Assistance..Fellows

Post by Abchardik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 am

Hello My Fellow Members,

I am qualifying to apply for 10 years ~ILR, just need assistance what documentation and details do we need to submit and whether me been here on student +PSW +Tier 1 General +Tier 1 Extension qualifies me for applying ILR.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks

adkh2_1

Re: Need Assistance..Fellows

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 am

you don't need too many documents...all u need is your passports and Life in UK test... and completed application form... 10 Year route is easiest route to get ILR...

though prepared yourself for long waits in processing times

Good luck...

Abchardik wrote:Hello My Fellow Members,

I am qualifying to apply for 10 years ~ILR, just need assistance what documentation and details do we need to submit and whether me been here on student +PSW +Tier 1 General +Tier 1 Extension qualifies me for applying ILR.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:19 am

Agreed that it is one of the easiest application to get ILR, but this category is one of the longest waiting time.
adkh2_1 wrote:you don't need too many documents...all u need is your passports and Life in UK test... and completed application form... 10 Year route is easiest route to get ILR...

Good luck...

Please HELP!!!

Thanks
7A8M6H

Abchardik

Post by Abchardik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 am

Thank you for responding back, I thought that there was a premium service available but looking through the post i now have to wait and keep patience as per advised.

AMH wrote:Agreed that it is one of the easiest application to get ILR, but this category is one of the longest waiting time.
adkh2_1 wrote:you don't need too many documents...all u need is your passports and Life in UK test... and completed application form... 10 Year route is easiest route to get ILR...

Good luck...

Please HELP!!!

Thanks

DB12

Re: SET - O (10 years) - FLR-m

Post by DB12 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 am

saanju9 wrote:
DB12 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi rensal. No I haven't return my passport, as I need to apply for my sons citizen registration. But couple of senior member on this forum suggested me that I don't need to send it as they would already aware of due to my wife's file is linked to my application.
The reason it was told that many members do send spouse flr(m) application along with set(o) because their spouse visa may be expiring along with their main applicant including me. so there is no chance of sending sponsors passport for flr(m) and giving reason that it is with UKBA and awaiting decision and later flr(m) visa will be awarded after the main applicant case considered.

but in your case i don't know that you have already received your passport and brp.

But anyway nothing wrong, just keep an eye on the post , best of luck. Please do call them or write to them whether they need your documents ?
Hi Z18,

as yes I have received my Passport & BRP card last week along with approval letter.

should I wait for them to contact me or just call them and ask whether I need to send my passport & brp back to them. if I will need to send them then it will create problem for my son's MN1 application.

any suggestion from your side. if I hear further then I will let you know.

@DB12 did you by any chance happened to call UKBA and get through them regarding this issue...i tried 3 - 20 mins but i couldn't and they are closed before i finished work to stay longer on the phone...

could u give us some update if u called them regarding whether to send your docs for your spouses FLR(m)..

thanks mate
Hi saanju9

I have tried to call them yesterday as my wife submitted her biometrics on Saturday but I had to wait over 20mins and there was no response and due to limited time I get being at work (between 1& 2pm) I could not wait for long time for someone to answer my phone. I am thinking to write to them or send an e-mail. i will try to call them today and let you know if i can speak to them or else if you find any information please let me know.

mer3090
Newly Registered

Flr(m)

Post by mer3090 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am

I still haven't receive my wife FLR(m)' I have received my ILR almost two weeks ago, anyone knows if there could be any reason????? [/u]