ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport and UK visa with different names

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neha_s
Newly Registered

Indian Passport and UK visa with different names

Post by neha_s » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

i am an indian national holding a tier-1 (PSW) visa. my indian passport is due to expire in few months time and i was planning to get a new passport from the high commission of india in London. i have a query with regards to the uk immigration, details of which are as follows

i got married last year and traveled to uk with my existing visa and passport (both have my maiden name on them). however now i plan to get my name in the passport changed to my married name (which involves change in my last name). once i have got the new passport, can i still travel on my OLD visa which will have my maiden name on it but will still be valid, in terms expiry date? would this pose any problem with UK immigration at the time of entering/leaving the UK?

would this pose a problem with indian immigration ?

i would be thankful if you can please answer this query for me

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:03 am

I don't think there will be any problem. Just keep ur old passport and marriage document with u when ever u travel.
At the time of visa extension in the application form just fill the section ' if u r known by any other name' and the new visa will be with new name.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

I think you should fill out a change of circumstances form, highlighting your name change and how it is reflected on your passport. That way, if UKBA deem it necessary, they will re-issue you with a new BRP/visa. I don't think travelling with documents showing different names is a good idea.
Nefertiiti