ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pisces_kid
Newly Registered

Re: august applicant

Post by pisces_kid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am

adkh2_1 wrote:how did the guy know you call every week ?
do they log the number of time we call them ?
gmx wrote:Well, we're dealing with a "closed, secretive and defensive culture" organisation here. So, that makes sense.

I just called them again today to be told off "Why do you keep on calling us every week? Please continue to wait" . That guy didn't even ask for my reference number.

adkh2_1 wrote:Thanks for confirming dude..
i suppose my next question is what if UKBA tells you on the phone your application is not complete... and few hrs later you receive your ILR... I remember i saw that on this forum once....

AMH wrote:It doesn't matter how many number of times you called
I'm a sept applicant and I'm calling atleast 3times a week as 6months exceed

you should have said " the money you earn comes from my application fee, and i want you to do some work for what i pay u...not just sit in front of a screen and expect no one to call and bother them" :wink: :wink:

workseeker
Newly Registered

Re: Visa expires next month - eligibility of work

Post by workseeker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:28 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
workseeker wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for 10 years ILR on 23 Nov 2012, received my Bio-metric in the month of 10 Jan 2013 which was done the day next. Now my Tier 1 General visa is due to expire by end of next month.

Even though it says in the bio-metric letter that I can continue to work until the decision has been made, does this rule applies for dependents as well?

If my dependents employer is asking for any evidence to show the eligible to continue her current work, can bio-metric letter addressed to me is sufficient enough to provide as evidence?

If you've made an application for your dependent and she's submitted her Bio-metrics, her employer should be able to do a ECS check with the UKBA.

On a separate note: If for any reason SET(o) application is refused after my Tier - 1 Visa expiry, am I still eligible to apply for FLR on Tier 1?

Yes, you'd be covered by Section 3C.

Any help on the above information is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Thanks Damanisshallo,

As I said I have not applied for ILR for my wife yet, it is 10years based indefinit leave to remain. So, I need to apply first and then for dependents if I am not wrong.

Thanks

smas4er

Post by smas4er » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support. I finally got my ILR approval letter today. Following is my timeline;

Application date: 28/08/2012
Acknowledgement: 31/08/2012
Biometric invite: 23/10/2012
Biometric done: 26/10/2012
ILR Approved: 18/04/13
BRP and passport: Passport recieved with approval letter - waiting for BRP

Abchardik

Congratulations

Post by Abchardik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Hearty Congratulations, Did you apply for Set(o) application on 10 years basis?

smas4er wrote:Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support. I finally got my ILR approval letter today. Following is my timeline;

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:18 pm

congrats man.... good luck with your future..

Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

Abchardik

Re: Need Assistance..Fellows

Post by Abchardik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Which form i would have to use Set (O) or Set (LR) ???
adkh2_1 wrote:you don't need too many documents...all u need is your passports and Life in UK test... and completed application form... 10 Year route is easiest route to get ILR...

though prepared yourself for long waits in processing times

Good luck...

Abchardik wrote:Hello My Fellow Members,

I am qualifying to apply for 10 years ~ILR, just need assistance what documentation and details do we need to submit and whether me been here on student +PSW +Tier 1 General +Tier 1 Extension qualifies me for applying ILR.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Abchardik wrote:Which form i would have to use Set (O) or Set (LR) ???
SET(LR) wrote:This form is to be used for applications made on or after 6 April 2013
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Abchardik

Post by Abchardik » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Are you sure Damanisshallo, as i called up UKBA and they said to use Set(O).. and where about does it state that form 6th April you need to use Set (LR) ???

Damanisshallo wrote:
SET(LR) wrote:This form is to be used for applications made on or after 6 April 2013

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Abchardik wrote:Are you sure Damanisshallo, as i called up UKBA and they said to use Set(O).. and where about does it state that form 6th April you need to use Set (LR) ???

Damanisshallo wrote:
You need to give some attention to detail and you can find it on the very front page...read the whole front page

Regards

smas4er

Re: Congratulations

Post by smas4er » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Yes applies on 10 year long residence basis
Abchardik wrote:Hearty Congratulations, Did you apply for Set(o) application on 10 years basis?

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 pm

You are one of the few lucky August applicants. Congratulations. Hope you get on with the rest of your life all right.

Izno

Post by Izno » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

yes indeed you one of the lucky August applicants..Congrats my friend..Was your case straight forward ..did you send any complaint letter or contact your MP ?
essentialSalt wrote:

You are one of the few lucky August applicants. Congratulations. Hope you get on with the rest of your life all right.

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Izno wrote:yes indeed you one of the lucky August applicants..Congrats my friend..Was your case straight forward ..did you send any complaint letter or contact your MP ?
essentialSalt wrote:

Congrats mate...i,m a September applicant and waiting patiently!!

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Abchardik wrote:Hello My Fellow Members,

I am qualifying to apply for 10 years ~ILR, just need assistance what documentation and details do we need to submit and whether me been here on student +PSW +Tier 1 General +Tier 1 Extension qualifies me for applying ILR.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks
Hello, I think you are qualified to apply for ILR on a 10years long stay basis, givien the fact that you have been here in the UK on PSW,T1G & T1 extension, if all your total stay adds up to 10years then, Please read the guidance on Form Set(LR). Pls follow the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uidelr.pdf

""""Hope this helps""""
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

missniu
Newly Registered

FINALLY!!!

Post by missniu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi guys,
I finally got my ILR, Thank God.....Thanks for keeping me sane all the while. I will update you in the morning on my 8 month timeline.

k_alibaba

My Final timeline n good luck for the people who are waitin

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Dear All,

This morning I received my BRP
My timeline is :

Application date: 3/9/2012
Acknowledgement: 09/10/2012
Biometric invite: 05/11/2012
Biometric done: 05/11/2012
ILR Approved: 16/04/13
Documents Received: 19/4/13
BRP Received: 23/04/13

I would really like to thank all the members of this forum and best wishes for the peoples who are still waiting.
please, do remember me in your prayers especially for my beloved son who is suffering from a rare medical condition. now I have to sort his MN1 form out in couple of day.

Regards,

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 am

My timeline is as follows:
Application posted 02/08/2012
Application received by Home office on the. 06/08/2012
Biometric invitation on 10/11/2012
Biometrics done 17/11/2012
Approval: Awaiting
BRP:Awaiting

The wait is just killing
Been a silent reader since November last year
but decided to bust up as couldn't take it any more

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:27 am

Dear friend.. I understand your frustration. Same here applied on 09 august still awaiting...hopefully they should work on august applicants soon....
The only option is to wait......unfortunately....
Lcj wrote:My timeline is as follows:

The wait is just killing

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am

Izno wrote:Dear friend.. I understand your frustration. Same here applied on 09 august still awaiting...hopefully they should work on august applicants soon....

The wait is just killing

Hi both, Its been over 8 months for you, so I think you should contact your MP to expedite your case and also send FAX to UKBA

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 am

The wait is just killing
If you haven't contacted the home office, it might be worth calling once, just to make sure that they haven't lost your passport (during the transportation between their offices) or your passport hasn't gone missing in mail (very rare scenario because they send out in recorded send-class mail). I wouldn't call them repeatedly, just once to make sure that they still have your application.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 am

Hyper-PK wrote:
Izno wrote:Dear friend.. I understand your frustration. Same here applied on 09 august still awaiting...hopefully they should work on august applicants soon....

The wait is just killing

Hi both, Its been over 8 months for you, so I think you should contact your MP to expedite your case and also send FAX to UKBA
It might be worth a try, but I think expedition is easier for those with dependents because there is this section in the guidance note to say that at all times, every consideration should be given to the welfare of an applicant's family. If you are single and no-dependent - if you are purely an economic applicant (regardless to how much you earn), it might be hard to expedite because you have no "compassionate" reasons.

It's a sin being single... (joke) :shock:

smshad

You are not alone my friend

Post by smshad » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi,
You are not alone who is frustrated. There are thousands of us my friend.

I applied on 11th August 2012 and still waiting. No immigration issues, no legal issues in last 10 years, no points, not a single fine but still waiting.

Wrote to my MP on 16th March and he contacted UKBA & told me that my application has not yet been considered and if I do not hear any thing in next two months then I contact him again but he can not intervene.

After watching channel 4 programme, I email my MP again requesting him to intervene because UKBA is processing application in reverse order and its unfair and deceitful. Its been a week now and MP has not replied me back. Contacted UKBA this afternoon and same answer that my application is pending. I asked her why you say not to contact before six months if you cant provide any information after six months. She said that advisors on phone do not have access to applications which have not passed six months.

Hope everyone waiting for long time get visa's soon.

Take care.
Shad

The wait is just killing

DB12

Re: SET - O (10 years) - FLR-m

Post by DB12 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 pm

DB12 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
DB12 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
The reason it was told that many members do send spouse flr(m) application along with set(o) because their spouse visa may be expiring along with their main applicant including me. so there is no chance of sending sponsors passport for flr(m) and giving reason that it is with UKBA and awaiting decision and later flr(m) visa will be awarded after the main applicant case considered.

but in your case i don't know that you have already received your passport and brp.

But anyway nothing wrong, just keep an eye on the post , best of luck. Please do call them or write to them whether they need your documents ?
Hi Z18,

as yes I have received my Passport & BRP card last week along with approval letter.

should I wait for them to contact me or just call them and ask whether I need to send my passport & brp back to them. if I will need to send them then it will create problem for my son's MN1 application.

any suggestion from your side. if I hear further then I will let you know.

@DB12 did you by any chance happened to call UKBA and get through them regarding this issue...i tried 3 - 20 mins but i couldn't and they are closed before i finished work to stay longer on the phone...

could u give us some update if u called them regarding whether to send your docs for your spouses FLR(m)..

thanks mate
Hi saanju9

I have tried to call them yesterday as my wife submitted her biometrics on Saturday but I had to wait over 20mins and there was no response and due to limited time I get being at work (between 1& 2pm) I could not wait for long time for someone to answer my phone. I am thinking to write to them or send an e-mail. i will try to call them today and let you know if i can speak to them or else if you find any information please let me know.
To Senior Members,

please see template below that i am planning to send it to UKBA in connections with FLR-M application for my partner asking if i need to send my documents back.

Date:

To,
UK Border Agency

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is with reference to my wife <Name> application for Further Leave to Remain FLR (M). My wife has recently applied for Further Leave to Remain
FLR (M) on <DATE> by postal service and her biometrics information have had taken & sent on <DATE>. Her details are as below.

Name
Date of Birth
Reference No
Address:

At a time when we post my wife’s FLR (M) application I was awaiting decision from the UKBA on my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET (O) application hence I could not enclose my Passport & Biometrics card. On <DATE> I have received approval of my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET (O) application along with my original passports and on <DATE> I have also received my Biometrics Card. I am enclosing copy of my passport & biometrics card for your information.

Can you please let me know if I need to send my original passport & biometrics Card to support my wife’s application? If yes can you please let me know at what address I need to send my passport & biometrics Card?

Yours truly,

please let me know if any correction require, i am not good at writing letters related to immigration matters.

thnaks

Izno

Re: You are not alone my friend

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm

hello guys . I send an email regarding 9 months wait at ( ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) . As you see the automated reply , they already told you they wont look at it , so dont bother this email address. Think sending a FAX to Liverpool Office would be better. I know the only option is to WAIT....but at least i want to know whether they still have my documents...or they've lost it !!

REPLY :

Thank you for your e-mail. This is an automatically generated response which contains some important information; please read it carefully.

COMPLAINTS

This e-mail inbox is for complaints and compliments only.

If your e-mail is a complaint about a service provided by the UK Border Agency or Border Force or the conduct of our staff, we will ensure that the matter is properly investigated. We aim to reply to you within 20 working days.

Where a complaint is being made on the behalf of another person, we are required to have the signed written authority of that person before we can reply to you. Please write to us sending a signed authority if this applies to your e-mail.

You can find further information on our website about how we will deal with your complaint by using the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

All complaints are treated seriously and we try to learn from your feedback to make improvements to our service. You can find examples of improvements we have made as a result of your feedback on our website using the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... -feedback/

OTHER ENQUIRIES AND CORRESPONDENCE

Unfortunately we are unable to deal with any enquiries or other correspondence sent to this e-mail inbox (e.g. enquiries about the progress of an application) that are not complaints.

If you have sent an e-mail to this inbox which is not a complaint, please go to our website and follow the advice about how to contact the UK Border Agency for other matters. You can use the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/

Complaints Allocation Hub

smshad wrote:Hi,

I applied on 11th August 2012 and still waiting. No immigration issues, no legal issues in last 10 years, no points, not a single fine but still waiting.

Wrote to my MP on 16th March and he contacted UKBA & told me that my application has not yet been considered and if I do not hear any thing in next two months then I contact him again but he can not intervene.

After watching channel 4 programme, I email my MP again requesting him to intervene because UKBA is processing application in reverse order and its unfair and deceitful. Its been a week now and MP has not replied me back. Contacted UKBA this afternoon and same answer that my application is pending. I asked her why you say not to contact before six months if you cant provide any information after six months. She said that advisors on phone do not have access to applications which have not passed six months.

Take care.
Shad

The wait is just killing

essentialSalt

Re: You are not alone my friend

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm

This is true. The August applicants who have already received a response are the few lucky ones. I wouldn't email the home office, having watched the dispatches though. That's like adding oil to the fire.

Those who are still thinking about applying, think a year, ignore the 6 months service standards, ignore the max 9 months period. The application takes one calendar year if not more. Plan your life accordingly. Always have a contingency plan. It is perfectly possible that your application ends up in a box that collects dust for a couple of years before anyone even looks at your application. It is also possible that, by that time, all other applications are made online and caseworkers might be thinking "what is in that box?" but don't bring up the issue because they are terrified of getting fired.

Also I sometimes think it might better to apply through a solicitor, an established law firm, so that you don't have to deal with the home office alone. If you apply on your own, the only thing you can do is call the home office and they will tell you to wait.
smshad wrote:Hi,

Take care.
Shad

The wait is just killing