ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kasaman
Newly Registered

Is it same Queue for Submission and Collection

Post by kasaman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:26 pm

My friend's oci is ready.
to get it stamped, do we need to queue up on the same queue for both oci submission and collection.
Pls let me know

brandnew

Re: Is it same Queue for Submission and Collection

Post by brandnew » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am

Hi - I am going to submit my OCI by post and following are the supporting documents:

1) Completed application form with photo
2) Photo copies of British Passport (Self Attested)
3) Copy of Naturalization Certificate (Self Attested)
4) Copy of Surrender Certificate (Self Attested)
5) Original Surrender Certificate

Can anyone advise if above are OK or do i also need to send original British passport as well?

venga_pal

Re: Timeline

Post by venga_pal » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 am

Manish,

I still havent heard anything yet. I have emailed, called and faxed. No response to any of the communication channels.

I dont know what else to do. Feel very frustrated. However bad a system. V V inefficient.
Had I known this, I would have applied in person. I live in suffolk and its a major task for me to travel to Indian consulate in London. So, I chose to post. A seriously bad judgement. Its been 7 weeks now. No idea what is happening.

I am clueless as to what to do now.

You said you have managed to speak to some one in the consulate. Could you please share how? or could you PM me if it is private? 'coz it has been simnply impossible for me. Tried so many times and no success.

Any ideas from the moderators and/or members are very welcome.

Kind regards,
Venu.

[quote="venga_pal"]Thanks for that Manish,

I shall keep trying and hope I will get the acknowledgement soon.

Kind regards,
Venu
[quote="Manish21"]Hi Venga

Hope you well , I understand your situation as I was in same till yesterday, it's really frustrating. I sent mine on 4th march and luckily it's got acknowledged on 12/4/2013. I spoken to one of oci team members last week and they said they are very busy and currently they processing files of 4 march onwards so I am sure yours will be acknowledged in couple of days.

Keep sending them emails, they do respond on and off and try 02076323071/ 02076323072 in early hours between 9-10 am.

I am sure yours will be acknowledged soon.

Regards
Manish

krimith

Re: Is it same Queue for Submission and Collection

Post by krimith » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Thats your Questions Answer

Hi - I am going to submit my OCI by post and following are the supporting documents:

1) Completed application form with photo Yes
2) Photo copies of British Passport (Self Attested) Yes
3) Copy of Naturalization Certificate (Self Attested) Yes
4) Copy of Surrender Certificate (Self Attested) Yes
5) Original Surrender Certificate- Yes

Can anyone advise if above are OK or do i also need to send original British passport as well? No

I just all of them above, Not britishpassport.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Patience

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:08 pm

venga_pal,

I can understand your frustration however if it gives you comfort please do check CGI Edinburgh's track record. On this thread check page 81 where I have put my timeline.

It has taken 3 months for acknowledgement and its printed after 4 months. It will be 5 months by the time it reaches CGI Edinburgh. Many people have been upto 6 months+ range.

Afterall humans only work in these overseas posts, however efficient they are or otherwise, sheer load of work is sure buckling the system. Also as its a lifetime visa GOI may not wish to outsource the work to third party agencies.

It will help you, if you have patience and exercise it!

Good luck.

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Today My journey with HCL London is over!

I submitted my passport in morning around 11.15 and collection time was horrible there was 150 people for collection time and its take 1 hour to collection my passport. I don't understand how ridiculous system running there.

Like big crowd and people souting there and when they call for token number
I can't hear that time!
Thanks for this forum to help people each other.If anyone have question feel free to ask me.

bbkaran

Supporting Documents needed for OCI

Post by bbkaran » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi all,

My daughters both hold PIO cards. I would like to apply OCI cards for them. What supporting documents needed? Is it cheaper (fees)?

Thanks

bbkaran

Notsoindian
Newly Registered

Post by Notsoindian » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 am

i know... but I'm looking for the GBRL number. I atleast will know that the london paper monkeys have done their job.
destiniation_london wrote:
Notsoindian wrote:Do you guys get a letter with the OCI Ack number? I applied on 16th March and there is no communication yet.....
No response to my email as well as you probably guessed...
Its frustrating as I cant work out where I'm at.
Probably stop going to Incredible India!
love_my_country wrote:Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Postal Application
Here are our timeliness ( Me and my daughter):-

OCI Application: 05-Feb-2013 (Postal, London)
OCI acknowledgement : 28-February-2013
Return of Original surrender certificate: 02-March-2013
OCI Photo/Signature Scanned : 11-March-2013
OCI granted :20-March-2013
OCI documents printed : 30- March-2013
OCI dispatched from Delhi : 8-April-2013
OCI documents Recd London : 12-April-2013
OCI collection: 15-april-2013

Submited my docs at 11.30 am , waited only 5 mins for submission.
Reached there at 4.30 pm, Collected OCI at 4.50 pm. Thanks god its over
Acknowledgement letter is right on the form which you print from the Portal, it' should be something that starts with GBRIL....

menosi01
Newly Registered

OCI Application Submission

Post by menosi01 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm

I have been through the pages on the forum and new member.

I intend to start my application and carrying out my research before embarking on my journey.

My queries are;

1) OCI Submission - I will have 4 applications. Myself, wife, son (under 18) & son (over 18). How many tokens should I collect? One for each application?

2) For collection of OCI Visa Card

Issue of OCI tokens for collection after Submission of Passport
for OCI visa card 0830 – 1200 hrs
Collection of OCI Cards / Visa 1630 – 1700 hrs

What is this process? Submit passport, collect token, come back at 16:30and collect passport? Not very clear on website.

love_my_country
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Application Submission

Post by love_my_country » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi friends, need your help. One of my friend has applied for an OCI 4 weeks ago, her application has not been acknowledged yet and wondering if she can withdrawal her apllication? If yes, what is the process? Thanks for your help in advance.

eashkuma4
India

Re: OCI Application Submission

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 am

Hi all,

Could any one let me know if I can submit my OCI application In London although I fall under Birmingham Consulate Jurisdiction?

Also, is it advisable to go in person or even post also works the same route?

Many thanks
Kumar

smatt

Post by smatt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 am

venga_pal wrote:Manish,

I still havent heard anything yet. I have emailed, called and faxed. No response to any of the communication channels.

I dont know what else to do. Feel very frustrated. However bad a system. V V inefficient.
Had I known this, I would have applied in person. I live in suffolk and its a major task for me to travel to Indian consulate in London. So, I chose to post. A seriously bad judgement. Its been 7 weeks now. No idea what is happening.

I am clueless as to what to do now.

You said you have managed to speak to some one in the consulate. Could you please share how? or could you PM me if it is private? 'coz it has been simnply impossible for me. Tried so many times and no success.

Any ideas from the moderators and/or members are very welcome.

Kind regards,
Venu.
venga_pal wrote:Thanks for that Manish,

I shall keep trying and hope I will get the acknowledgement soon.

Kind regards,
Venu
Manish21 wrote:Hi Venga

Hope you well , I understand your situation as I was in same till yesterday, it's really frustrating. I sent mine on 4th march and luckily it's got acknowledged on 12/4/2013. I spoken to one of oci team members last week and they said they are very busy and currently they processing files of 4 march onwards so I am sure yours will be acknowledged in couple of days.

Keep sending them emails, they do respond on and off and try 02076323071/ 02076323072 in early hours between 9-10 am.

I am sure yours will be acknowledged soon.

Regards
Manish
Hi Venga_pal,

Have you heard anything from HCI and postal order have been cashed?

Regards,
smatt

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:52 am

Smatt,

Nothing YET. V frustrated.

They said 8 weeks for the entire process on their website. its been 7 weeks and my application has not even been acknowledged.

Hope to hear from them soon.

The postal orders are not cashed yet either.

Very confused.

Kind regards,
venu.

venga_pal

Re: Patience

Post by venga_pal » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:01 am

Thanks for that Mauser,

However, my issue is that people who have applied around the same time or after me have got atleast an acknowledgement.
I struggle to understand why my application is being delayed. It would have helped, if they had communicated saying, so and so is lacking or whatsoever.
I am not even sure if they have receivved the application, eventhough the royalmail tracking system says they have received it 7 weeks ago.
All it takes is a simple reply to my email, saying " YES WE HAVE YOUR APPLICATION, IT IS CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS AND WE AIM TO FINISH BY XXXX DATE"
That would have defenitely eased my nerves and I could have appplied for a VISA if its going to be as long as you said (6months).
NO COMMUNICATION, which suggests they dont care. That is where my frustration is.
Kind regards,
Venu.
Mauser1905 wrote:venga_pal,

I can understand your frustration however if it gives you comfort please do check CGI Edinburgh's track record. On this thread check page 81 where I have put my timeline.

It has taken 3 months for acknowledgement and its printed after 4 months. It will be 5 months by the time it reaches CGI Edinburgh. Many people have been upto 6 months+ range.

Afterall humans only work in these overseas posts, however efficient they are or otherwise, sheer load of work is sure buckling the system. Also as its a lifetime visa GOI may not wish to outsource the work to third party agencies.

Good luck.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm

venga_pal,

Just take your focus off form this OCI status, it will help you, from personal experience.

I understand your frustration, as I am going through the same boat. However it wont be helpful for us to get frustrated like that.

It will happen in time.

Good luck.

Manish21
Newly Registered

Post by Manish21 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Sorry to hear that Venu

Hopefully you get your answer soon.

Regards M
venga_pal wrote:Thanks for that Mauser,

However, my issue is that people who have applied around the same time or after me have got atleast an acknowledgement.
I struggle to understand why my application is being delayed. It would have helped, if they had communicated saying, so and so is lacking or whatsoever.
I am not even sure if they have receivved the application, eventhough the royalmail tracking system says they have received it 7 weeks ago.
All it takes is a simple reply to my email, saying " YES WE HAVE YOUR APPLICATION, IT IS CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS AND WE AIM TO FINISH BY XXXX DATE"
That would have defenitely eased my nerves and I could have appplied for a VISA if its going to be as long as you said (6months).
NO COMMUNICATION, which suggests they dont care. That is where my frustration is.
Kind regards,
Venu.
Mauser1905 wrote:venga_pal,

Good luck.

smatt

Post by smatt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am

venga_pal wrote:Smatt,

Nothing YET. V frustrated.

They said 8 weeks for the entire process on their website. its been 7 weeks and my application has not even been acknowledged.

Hope to hear from them soon.

The postal orders are not cashed yet either.

Very confused.

Kind regards,
venu.
Venga_pal,

Sorry to hear about OCI status but try to contact them anyhow it's near 8 weeks.

Regards,
smatt

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 am

I Have finally got a reply.

THEY HAVE LOST MY APPLICATION. :evil: :x :twisted:

They confirm they have received it and cannot find it now.

Asking me to re-submit in person.

Very very very frustrated.
However, they are the only ones who can issue the OCI. So, have to go with it.

I need to cancel the Postal orders, which means I will lose the PO charge (approx 50 pounds in total).
Lose 1 working day, Lose travel expenses, Lost over 7 weeks despite doing everything correct.

Inefficiency to the CORE.

love_my_country
Newly Registered

Post by love_my_country » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am

FYI,

Got reply from OCI,

They are currently processing the application for postal - 12-March-2013

gautam.n12
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.n12 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:52 am

My OCI has been dispatched from New Delhi on 16th April, but still not in London!

Does anyone know how many days it take for oci to reach london?

Thanks

OCI Application: 19th March 2013 (in person @ HCI London)
OCI acknowledgement :19 March 2013
Photo/signature at mission: 9 April 2013
Registration Status at Mission :10 April 2013
OCI documents printed :12 April 2013
OCI dispatched from Delhi : 16 April 2013
OCI documents Recd London : NOT YET

smatt

Post by smatt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 am

love_my_country wrote:FYI,

Got reply from OCI,

They are currently processing the application for postal - 12-March-2013
Love_my_country,

How did they replied by email or phone?

Regards,
smatt

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 am

gautam.n12 wrote:My OCI has been dispatched from New Delhi on 16th April, but still not in London!

Does anyone know how many days it take for oci to reach london?

Thanks

OCI Application: 19th March 2013 (in person @ HCI London)
OCI acknowledgement :19 March 2013
Photo/signature at mission: 9 April 2013
Registration Status at Mission :10 April 2013
OCI documents printed :12 April 2013
OCI dispatched from Delhi : 16 April 2013
OCI documents Recd London : NOT YET
Now days they take long time, My one dispatch on 08/04/2013 and received in london HCI on 17/04/213.
Maybe this timeline help u.

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Post by HariMathy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am

I received the confirmation that OCI documents received in London.

So i sent my British passport and the Online status yesterday by Secure delivery yesterday.

But today morning i checked the Royal mail tracking and getting following info

"We have tried to deliver your item from our WEST CENTRAL LONDON Delivery Office before 08:46 on 24/04/13 and we have left a while you were out card.

You can arrange a redelivery online, call the number on your card to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from your local enquiry office by bringing your card and proof of identification and address."

Does this mean nobdoy signed my passport and its with Royal mail?

i dont know what to do..

somebody please advice..

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:18 am

I have sent my OCI application by RM special deliver yesterday. When i tracked this morning on RM website it says

We have tried to deliver your item from our WEST CENTRAL LONDON Delivery Office before 08:48 on 24/04/13 and we have left a while you were out card.

You can arrange a redelivery online, call the number on your card to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from your local enquiry office by bringing your card and proof of identification and address.

Any idea if HCI, Loondon will bother to go and collect missing deliveries or arrage for redelivery?

HariMathy
Newly Registered

Post by HariMathy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am

Hi brandnew,

Looks like its holiday today for Mahavir Jayanti

even for me same case, i called the number mentioned in the site.. after 20 minutes of holding i gave up.. it looks like nobody is going to pick up..

i dont know what to do..

im sending email to them..

mana..