ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 pm

sanny26 wrote:May i ask how long does it takes to get a decision after you submit biometric? please.
Mine took five weeks after the biometrics. Although, I think it varies you know. I'm sure other will agree so hopefully between a month or two.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:41 pm

coochiefoo98 wrote:Hi everyone.

If possible can you provide me the number to contact UK Border Agency. Thanks, :)

08706067766.... Thank you ive submit my bio on the 1st march so im just hoping to hear from them soon.

tapi98
Newly Registered

sky driveer update

Post by tapi98 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 pm

can some update on the sky driver Approved on the 3rd April 2013

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Did anyone in this forum watch the Programme on Channel 4 this evening?The programme showed first hand insight into UKBA SHAMBOLIC state before Theresa May put the org. to rest! Temps were paid £6.50 an hour to deal with family cases..SHOCKING! New applications were rushed to meet the 31st of March deadline irrespective of the outcome of cases.

Should be available to watch on 4OD! Very informative if you have been refused recently.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:05 am

Choc-Ice wrote:Did anyone in this forum watch the Programme on Channel 4 this evening?The programme showed first hand insight into UKBA SHAMBOLIC state before Theresa May put the org. to rest! Temps were paid £6.50 an hour to deal with family cases..SHOCKING! New applications were rushed to meet the 31st of March deadline irrespective of the outcome of cases.

Should be available to watch on 4OD! Very informative if you have been refused recently.
Yes watched it, very very weird things going on and still there is no hope for quick solution of pending cases. my case is with UKBA from last 7 months.

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 am

Maliksahb wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:Did anyone in this forum watch the Programme on Channel 4 this evening?The programme showed first hand insight into UKBA SHAMBOLIC state before Theresa May put the org. to rest! Temps were paid £6.50 an hour to deal with family cases..SHOCKING! New applications were rushed to meet the 31st of March deadline irrespective of the outcome of cases.

Yes watched it, very very weird things going on and still there is no hope for quick solution of pending cases. my case is with UKBA from last 7 months.
It is so annoying and ridiculous that they are still keeping july aug applications at back burner and looking at april applications to meet their so called targets. Extremely shambolic..,
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

Rikas
Newly Registered

No joy yet..

Post by Rikas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 am

Date Applied/Docs sent: 15/10/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 25/10/12
Date Biometrics Appointment: 31/12/12
Date Biometric Received: 12/06/12
Date Passport/Docs received: Not yet
Result & VISA stamped: Yes.. Yay!
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Tier 1
Last edited by Rikas on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I just watched the dispatches on the UK BA. It is appalling that temps who do not know anything about immigration laws and rules are dealing with everyone's applications. They are not qualified and what is worse is that it seems they care more than the managers who do not help or care when they lose applicants original documents.

It is sad to see that these people can decide this important part of your life and that we have no control of. I hope they get their act together because we as applicants are doing the right thing and doing it legally.

Jeva
Newly Registered

Re: Additional docs

Post by Jeva » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:08 pm

poans wrote: My wife also applied in 26th feb and did the bio on the 19th march 2013. We receive letter dated 25th march 2013 but only arrive 08 April for some document and the reply should get to the uk boader force by the 8April 2013.
We posted some documents with letter indicating dated of we got the letter copy of envelope dated 2 April n it was second class stamp.and also request some from my employers which take couple of days
Thank you for your story. I am really surprised by the way they handle it. They must know that they send the letters later than the requests are dated but they still giving us unrealistic deadlines.
Please keep us updated on your progress with the visa.

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am

Hey everyone,

I finally received my biometrics card but they only gave me 1 year and 11 months to stay in the UK. I thought the normal period was 2 years and half. Do you guys have any idea why I didn't the full time or are there new laws and rules again.

Thanks in advance
(soon i'll submit my whole application timeline)

DB12

FLR-M Application

Post by DB12 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:47 am

Hi All,
my wife had applied for FLR-M

here is the her application timeline.

Application posted - 5th April 13
Acknowledgement - 15th April 13
Biometric letter - 19th April 13 (dated 16th April)
Biometrics submitted - 20th April 13
passport & DOCs received - Awaiting
Biometric CARD - Awaiting.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Update FLR(M) skydrive
Hi Damanisshallo,

Is there any way we can expedite our visa application???. My application is with UKBA for almost 7 months. I have already tried your template and no response. You looks very experience member so hopefully you will help.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:38 am

how come this thread being so silent

Can people please update if they are getting any results back from UKBA... or did they completely stopped FLR(M)s at the moment

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 pm

saanju9 wrote:how come this thread being so silent

Can people please update if they are getting any results back from UKBA... or did they completely stopped FLR(M)s at the moment

I think people are giving up now because nothing making any difference to UKBA to act fast. UKBA is above the law.

jitu_2677

Wife's FLR m approved

Post by jitu_2677 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Guys more good news. my ilr was approved on 18th April, today i got my wife's passport dated 23nd April. just to inform you i didn't send my passport or biometric card. So it looks like home office don't need those, they can check on their system.

only 1 issue surprise me. My wife is in transitional route as she came here before 9th July 2012. so she should get 2 yrs visa. but they gave her 2 and half yrs visa under new rule.

so my question is can she apply for ilr (SET M) as she completed 2 yrs residence as a tier 1 general dependent.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:42 am

Maliksahb wrote:

I think people are giving up now because nothing making any difference to UKBA to act fast. UKBA is above the law.
just to get going in this thread...

its strictly not UKBA is it.... the govt cuts on the public sector... lack of employees.. a piece of work done by 20 people for example can be (pushed to an extent) to get it done by 15 people per say but not with 5 people... and I don't think people will be willing to stay overtime (without incentive)... I know the guy in the Ch4 documentary says that the day before the deadline the whole UKBA is empty...but why should someone do more than what they are paid for... I wouldn't... Then they take these temps who are paid "£6.75" ... exactly the Christmas temps in Royal Mail are paid to sort out the extra bit of mail they receive during that time...not talking about the money but the job... I don't think its something which can get done by a temp like sorting out mail...

And then Theresa May in her very recent infamous speech at the Parliament (which is shown Loads of times on the tele)...says that it is UKBA which has got "secretive,..... my toshi culture"... and thus blames a department so She can save all these potential vote bank from having a negative opinion on the Tories...

Bottom line is the Govt shouldn't have gone on a rampage in public cuts...
I am not saying they shouldn't do it at all but they should have done it in a slower and more meaningful pace ... I know there is a lot of debt Mr. Cam want to clear off immediately (which I think is the prime policy of all Tory Leaders - at least all of those I read about had the same approach)...But all I can tell them is "ROME IS NOT BUILT IN ONE DAY"... Slow and steady clearing would have been good... We don't need to starv to death today to clear off debt tomorrow morning...

Anyways ... guys Happy waiting...

Keep posting...

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 am

saanju9 wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

just to get going in this thread...

its strictly not UKBA is it.... the govt cuts on the public sector... lack of employees.. a piece of work done by 20 people for example can be (pushed to an extent) to get it done by 15 people per say but not with 5 people... and I don't think people will be willing to stay overtime (without incentive)... I know the guy in the Ch4 documentary says that the day before the deadline the whole UKBA is empty...but why should someone do more than what they are paid for... I wouldn't... Then they take these temps who are paid "£6.75" ... exactly the Christmas temps in Royal Mail are paid to sort out the extra bit of mail they receive during that time...not talking about the money but the job... I don't think its something which can get done by a temp like sorting out mail...

And then Theresa May in her very recent infamous speech at the Parliament (which is shown Loads of times on the tele)...says that it is UKBA which has got "secretive,..... my toshi culture"... and thus blames a department so She can save all these potential vote bank from having a negative opinion on the Tories...

Bottom line is the Govt shouldn't have gone on a rampage in public cuts...
I am not saying they shouldn't do it at all but they should have done it in a slower and more meaningful pace ... I know there is a lot of debt Mr. Cam want to clear off immediately (which I think is the prime policy of all Tory Leaders - at least all of those I read about had the same approach)...But all I can tell them is "ROME IS NOT BUILT IN ONE DAY"... Slow and steady clearing would have been good... We don't need to starv to death today to clear off debt tomorrow morning...

Anyways ... guys Happy waiting...

Keep posting...

Waiting.....

1st month.....................Very very Happy waiting :lol:
2nd month ...................very Happy waiting :D
3rd month ....................Happy waiting :P
4th month.....................Waiting :oops:
5th month.................. ..:cry:
6th month.....................:(
7th month.....................:evil:
8th month.....................:twisted:
:!:
:?:

Zak007
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Approved

Post by Zak007 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Further to last week approval of my wife's ILR under 10 years long residence, i wrote to UKBA and attached a copy of her biometric card. And today my biometric card was delivered. Below are my timeline,

Application sent:11-01-2013
Acknowledgement letter received:16-01-2013
Bio metrics enrolled:12-02-2013
FLR(M) Approved:23-04-2013
Biometric card received:25-04-2013
Supporting documents: Awaiting

Once again i would like to say a very big to Damanishallo et al, and other senior members of this forum for your invaluable advice and suggestions.

Many thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am

Maliksahb wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

Is there any way we can expedite our visa application???. My application is with UKBA for almost 7 months. I have already tried your template and no response. You looks very experience member so hopefully you will help.
You can try using this template. However, like UKBA I cannot guarantee. This template was created for ILR applicants. So, you might need to tailor it to suit your purpose. Since you've already crossed 7 month mark, if you don't hear anything upto 20 days from the above complaint you might need to lodge a complaint to the Ombudsman. However, I am unsure but did read from fellow members that they're trying to claim the fee back which supposedly was meant for World Class Service and not what UKBA is delivering ATM.
Skydrives, Templates

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:Hi Damanisshallo,

You can try using this template. However, like UKBA I cannot guarantee. This template was created for ILR applicants. So, you might need to tailor it to suit your purpose. Since you've already crossed 7 month mark, if you don't hear anything upto 20 days from the above complaint you might need to lodge a complaint to the Ombudsman. However, I am unsure but did read from fellow members that they're trying to claim the fee back which supposedly was meant for World Class Service and not what UKBA is delivering ATM.

Thanks Damanisshallo. I will wait few days more and then fire the new complain.

DB12

Re: FLR-M Application

Post by DB12 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 am

DB12 wrote:Hi All,
my wife had applied for FLR-M

here is the her application timeline.

passport & DOCs received - Awaiting
hi all,

today I received my wifes approval for FLR-m

complete time line is as below

passport & DOCs received - 27 April 13

it is big surprise the whole application considered in 22 days since applied. it seems to be UKBA is improving on process.

as my set-0 (10 years long residence) application was awaiting decision at the time of application and when I received approval on my SET-O application I wrote to ukba on Thursday regarding if I need to send my original passport etc. but I don't think so they have received it yet.

surprise is on approval letter they have mentioned that my wife will have to complete 60months to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. my wife came to uk in 2009 on PSW dependant and she has also completed 2 years on tier-1 General (HSMP) dependant visa. that means she is qualified for indefinite leave to remain.

can anyone suggest me what to do next.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: FLR-M Application

Post by Spidery_thread » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:52 am

surprise is on approval letter they have mentioned that my wife will have to complete 60months to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. my wife came to uk in 2009 on PSW dependant and she has also completed 2 years on tier-1 General (HSMP) dependant visa. that means she is qualified for indefinite leave to remain.

can anyone suggest me what to do next.

@ DB12,

Your wife qualifies for ILR:
Paragraph 319AA of the Immigration Rules confirms what a “Relevant points based system migrant” is i.e. a migrant granted leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. Therefore, leave as the partner of a person granted leave in one of these categories is appropriate for the indefinite leave requirements in paragraph 287(a).
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

gdl
Mood:
India

Petition to ease immigration of British citizen spouses

Post by gdl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello All,

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing support and frustration caused by UKBA.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34835

Please ask your friends and families...as many people as you possibly can...email this link to one and all... as huge numbers are still required for this petition to be considered.

Major numbers will come at this stage from others rather than actual applicants- and they should assist assuming someday in future they could be directly affected by this in action.

Regards