ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got told on Phone application successful but photos needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

too old
Pakistan

Got told on Phone application successful but photos needed

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 am

Hi all there, i am a non eea applicant for RC. applied in november 2012, COA issued on 10th jan 2013. i recieved a phone call early this month that they require two passport size photos of my wife and the application has been successful. i posted the photos to them on 12th april 2013. when am i going to recieve my passport, should i start feeling good what i got told on phone? or they can change ? they told me the sooner i send photos the sooner they can dispatch my documents. they mentioned department no 53 and the reference number was different from what i have on my COA. just need help in whats going to happen next and roughly when as every one knows this wait is a killer :oops:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 am

Did you include photographs of the applicant in the original application? Perhaps you had and they are asking for photographs of the spouse in addition to the applicant. Could you clarify?

It is not unusual for an application to be decided and for the applicant to wait a number of weeks for their documents to be returned.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 am

as eu said, it might be they need the EEA's photos. from what ive seen they issue RC for both the EEA and non-EEA at the same time.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah we did send the applicant photos but they ase asking for EEA (wife) photos.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Apart of EEA2 have you applied EEA1 too? Had you checked the caller number?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Nope my immigration consultant only filled eaa2 form for me. I didn't check the number as it was with hidden id. Private number. I asked them and they had all the info about application

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:22 pm

EAA2*

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:32 pm

But the strange thing is that how they issue you COA which is normally issued once application is validated means all supporting documents received.
REGARDS

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah they said the application has been successful and its waiting for the required photos to be scanned and then they will dispatch the docs to us. Should I be worried or its normal

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for clarifying matters. I would complain. The form does not request photographs of the EU national, neither do the regulations nor the directive.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah that's right the form doesn't ask to attach EU member person photos as it only need two passport size photos of Non EU applicat. I sent them the photos just in case. Waiting for the postman to knock the door with RC as I want to travel.
Tbh I didn't remember that when I was on the phone with them that actually you don't need those photos.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Should i just wait and see or find out with them on the phone if they have received the photos. if yes when are they sending me my documents back? i will really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a lot

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Yes it is correct that EEA2 form even UKBA checklist of documents does not ask for EEA national's photos which are usually needed when EEA1 is also applying together. I certainly cannot predict about the telephone caller.
REGARDS

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

the weired thing i did not mention in here is that when i had the phone call it was evening time and it was around 8 pm. initially i considered it a prank call but when i asked her further she had info about my application and she knew who i am and what i have applied for. she had this very strong irish accent and in my friends circle i dont have any one who is irish. are you getting me sir ?

A&A

Post by A&A » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm

too old wrote:the weired thing i did not mention in here is that when i had the phone call it was evening time and it was around 8 pm. initially i considered it a prank call but when i asked her further she had info about my application and she knew who i am and what i have applied for. she had this very strong irish accent and in my friends circle i dont have any one who is irish. are you getting me sir ?

Definitely a prank call. The best thing for you to do is to call the number on the CoA & confirm if someone called you on the said time & date. I am sure the answer would be negative.

you've been framed mate...

good luck for the application tough.
One God we believe in.

May he bless UKBA with thought to think before refusing any application.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:33 pm

A&A wrote: Definitely a prank call. The best thing for you to do is to call the number on the CoA & confirm if someone called you on the said time & date. I am sure the answer would be negative.

what makes u say this? u dont know this for sure....

Irish people work for UKBA... :) UKBA work past 8pm some times - they have a lot of backlog to clear...

you cannot say its a prank on this basis!

but i would defo call UKBA to chase them up... :)

A&A

Post by A&A » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 pm

wiggsy wrote:
A&A wrote: Definitely a prank call. The best thing for you to do is to call the number on the CoA & confirm if someone called you on the said time & date. I am sure the answer would be negative.

what makes u say this? u dont know this for sure....

Irish people work for UKBA... :) UKBA work past 8pm some times - they have a lot of backlog to clear...

you cannot say its a prank on this basis!

but i would defo call UKBA to chase them up... :)
I said the same thing to check with them.

I just said I think it was a prank.
One God we believe in.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:47 am

I hope it was not a prank as i have sent my wife photos to UKBA and the reference number they stated on the phone.

now please provide me with the number i can call them on, and WHICH OPtions should i choose which we listen to on the phone , they say it got to be 1 followed by 2

following that educate me please which reference number should i state to them on phone the one on my COA or new one the lady had for me on the phone asking for wife photos and saying they got to go to department 53 NWEURO5.

Thanks alot

A&A

Post by A&A » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm

too old wrote:I hope it was not a prank as i have sent my wife photos to UKBA and the reference number they stated on the phone.

now please provide me with the number i can call them on, and WHICH OPtions should i choose which we listen to on the phone , they say it got to be 1 followed by 2

following that educate me please which reference number should i state to them on phone the one on my COA or new one the lady had for me on the phone asking for wife photos and saying they got to go to department 53 NWEURO5.

Thanks alot

Call this number & then give them the refference number that is stated on your CoA.

also tell them the whole story. They will tell you what is right.

I have given you the number of the bulking where litrilly your application is or
Will be decided.

Good luck

Once you have called let me know.

Thank you.
One God we believe in.

A&A

Post by A&A » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm

too old wrote:I hope it was not a prank as i have sent my wife photos to UKBA and the reference number they stated on the phone.

Thanks alot

UKBA Liverpool contact number : 0151 213 4009
One God we believe in.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 pm

As a precaution try to call/write them to solve this mystery.
REGARDS

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 am

sheraz7 wrote:As a precaution try to call/write them to solve this mystery.
what address were the photos posted to?

NOTE: UKBA drove down and handed my wifes passport to us (from liverpool to Stratford upon Avon) at 9pm monday...

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

sheraz7 wrote:But the strange thing is that how they issue you COA which is normally issued once application is validated means all supporting documents received.
That may be what is supposed to happen, however it is not necessarily what happens in practice. If they took all of the time to validate such documents before issuing a COA, they may as well make a decision at the same time.
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

What a strange thread this is...why on earth would someone "prank" call about an immigration matter?

That aside, too old: are you 100% sure that your 'immigration consultant' didn't also submit an EEA1 application? Also, why did they get in touch with you if you have a 'consultant' dealing with your application on your behalf? Have you talked to your consultant about this matter?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013