ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement Lloyds TSB issue can you help?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smterkar
Newly Registered

Bank statement Lloyds TSB issue can you help?

Post by smterkar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi All,

My bank statement falls on 15th of each month and my salary date is on 25h of each month. As I am planning to apply for ILR via post in couple of days, today I visited local bank branch. Staff at the bank simply refuse to give me statement for last 10 days saying since it is not generated in system they are unable to give me statement, instead they offered me print out from their system which does bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp.

As per UKBA guidelines its not valid stamement to show salary transaction.

Is their way out? Can I print statement for selected transaction from my internet banking account and get it stamped by bank, would this satisfiy UKBA requirement?

Please help.

Regards,

Sunil

techie78

Re: Bank statement Lloyds TSB issue can you help?

Post by techie78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

You can use the statement provided by Lloyds.. i also bank with them and had taken the lloyds printed statements with their stamp for my ILR. no questions asked.

smterkar wrote:Hi All,

My bank statement falls on 15th of each month and my salary date is on 25h of each month. As I am planning to apply for ILR via post in couple of days, today I visited local bank branch. Staff at the bank simply refuse to give me statement for last 10 days saying since it is not generated in system they are unable to give me statement, instead they offered me print out from their system which does bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp.

Is their way out? Can I print statement for selected transaction from my internet banking account and get it stamped by bank, would this satisfiy UKBA requirement?

Please help.

Regards,

Sunil
Last edited by techie78 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Please help.

Regards,

Sunil
If only Bank will stamp your Internet statement. Lloyds Bank are very uncooperative at times. If they are refusing to give a statement as you want, Why don't you get Balance letter from them.This will give only confirm the Balance of your Account,as at date.If they could confirm that your salary is included in that Balance.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

smterkar
Newly Registered

Post by smterkar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Dear All,

I realised my mistake,

the question should read "instead they offered me print out from their system which does not bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp." instead of "instead they offered me print out from their system which does bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp.".

So in short they offered in system print out without bearing my name, account name and llyods name/logo.

Regards,

Sunil

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:41 pm

smterkar wrote:Dear All,

I realised my mistake,

the question should read "instead they offered me print out from their system which does not bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp." instead of "instead they offered me print out from their system which does bear my name, account number and Llooyds TSB name/logo bearing bank stamp.".

So in short they offered in system print out without bearing my name, account name and llyods name/logo.

Regards,

Sunil
OK get this statement stamped by them. Also request a Balance Letter from them. If both are done on the same day the Balance should be the same. Any way you have the previous 12 Months statements as well.
KEVIN

sunita80

Post by sunita80 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I am in a similar situation. I have bank statements until mid March and for Mar end salary i have ordered printed statement from Natwest which has my name, a/c no, sort code, dates, transactions and is on Natwest letterhead with logo. BUT THEY DONOT STAMP these statements. Can anyone tell me if this would be acceptable?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 pm

A bank staff can normally access the last 28 days transactions in branch and therefore can offer statement instantly. If you get statement in branch on bank letterhead containing all features you mentioned above then it should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:55 pm

I've been to Lloyds and asked them to print the transactions since my last statement, they did that and it has my name, address, acct number and sort code and all the transaction.
They also stamped it without an issue.
Goodluck.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Everyone faces that issue, but I can confirm from my experience that you can use this,
I had managed to charm my bank to give me a letter stating that I am the account holder for this account and she signed it.

But when I gave it to case worker, she didnt even look at it, she is the bank statement printed on bank letter head is an accepted source.

Only statements printed off internet and from ATM machines arent accepted.

Please help.

Regards,

Sunil

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Two options:

Please try to get from other branches, some branches Seal and Sign on the print out they provide (last year I faced same issue while extension , I visited around 6 branches in different cities and finally managed to get print out on Letterhead with Seal and Sign also)

If the print out contain your account number and other paper statements are on the letterhead , some case workers accept that.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:55 am

ilrdep wrote:Two options:

Please try to get from other branches, some branches Seal and Sign on the print out they provide (last year I faced same issue while extension , I visited around 6 branches in different cities and finally managed to get print out on Letterhead with Seal and Sign also)

If the print out contain your account number and other paper statements are on the letterhead , some case workers accept that.
Every case worker should accept it.

Refer to 245 gf-sd.
Printed on Letter head is an accepted source

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 am

What I meant is if only one salary credit on printout without letter head and remaining on letter head some case workers will accept that

Subirajd
Newly Registered

Post by Subirajd » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I had the same problem aa ilrdep when I applied for mine two weeks ago. I had to go to few branches of Lloyds. One thing I notice is if you are in London, there is a Lloyds bank in the Shopping Centre opposite PEO Lunar House in Croydon where they were issuing the printout statement meeting the Home office requirement. Most branches are are not aware and simply state it cannot be done. I went to one in Portsmouth where the branch was near a University and the lady stamped my online statement without me giving any explanation citing they do that for foreign students all the time. If you want to get the Lloyds statement done without wasting much time, please go to Croydon or one near a University.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Lloyds can be snobby at times. Depends on who deals with your case. I had switched to internet statements and they refused to provide me with paper statements when I asked. Refused to sign, even print-out the statement. They said they would charge £5 per official (letter headed) statement.

I then called up phone banking and explained situation over the phone and the person immediately obliged and sent me official statements in post. They can generate an official statement any time but it will arrive in the post (7 working days). Also £5 charge is applicable only if you request duplicates and the guy on the phone said usually they waive it off unless you want a lot of statements duplicated.

Also noticed that if you mention "visa" as a reason they tend to become even more cautious and unhelpful. Like UKBA they immediately think you are probably up to no good.

Also noticed that Lloyds staff who are unfamiliar with their internal system and don't know how to do the print out will instead of admitting their ignorance, simply tell you we don't do it at all.

Speaking with the "customer services manager" of your branch and making a polite request again through them may also work. I later spoke with the CS manager of my branch and he apologised and said they should have provided statement print-outs for free.

Have moved away from Lloyds being my main bank since this experience.

smterkar
Newly Registered

Post by smterkar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Finally, I took two things from Bank,

1) Previously generated bank statement and couple of transactions including salary entry on bank letter head, got it stamped and signed
2) Stamp and signed internet bank statement from my online account.

I hope it should enough to show evidence regarding deposit of current salary.

Sunil

eting
Newly Registered

Post by eting » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:17 am

I am applying for tier 2 visa and have tried 2 branches of Lloyds bank to stamp my statements and they have all refused.

Not too happy with my having my time wasted to try different branches and not getting them stamped.

I have sent off a complaint letter on their website and definitely moving away from Lloyds after this. I can't bear to go through this trouble every few years just to extend my visa. Anyone knows of any banks that might be more helpful than Lloyds?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:29 pm

eting wrote:I am applying for tier 2 visa and have tried 2 branches of Lloyds bank to stamp my statements and they have all refused.

Not too happy with my having my time wasted to try different branches and not getting them stamped.

I have sent off a complaint letter on their website and definitely moving away from Lloyds after this. I can't bear to go through this trouble every few years just to extend my visa. Anyone knows of any banks that might be more helpful than Lloyds?
Few months statements they should stamp on your request otherwise you can also ask to branch to issue you statement on their letterhead.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 pm

eting wrote:I am applying for tier 2 visa and have tried 2 branches of Lloyds bank to stamp my statements and they have all refused.

If you go on a Saturday, definitely they will stamp your statements. That's what I did for My PEO appointment 3 days before. I went to 2 branches a,greed to give the printed statements but will not stamp. So I went to My branch on a Saturday and got it stamped. My request was refused before by one of the Managers and 2 counter girls.After CW only wanted MY last month's statement to verify whether My salary has been credited.After My ILR was approved I went with 2 boxes of chocolates and gave it to the counter girl,who has printed and stamped MY last 3 months statements. I have been told by her if I need any further help( only Banking matters) to come and see her. Try some of your PR and charm ,it might work. What happened to your statements received by post?
KEVIN

eting
Newly Registered

Post by eting » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:48 pm

They refused to print out statements or issue me a cover letter.

I did go on a Saturday and the counter lady said that financial regulations have changed and they definitely do not stamp etc etc. And she won't print out my statements or issue me a letter.

I went to a different branch today and they totally refused to stamp/ print statements/ issue cover letter.

I am on paperless statement so I don't receive any paper statements through post. I never expected to have problems with stamping as I did not have any problems with stamping statements the last 2 times I applied for visa. It is only this time, after moving to a different area, the banks here seem to adopt different policy!

I have already requested for the statements to be sent to me. The last time I requested for them to be sent, they took about 2 months to arrive. So, I rather have my statements stamped as a back up.

I don't think I want to travel all the way back to the branch I opened my account as it is quite far...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 pm

eting wrote:They refused to print out statements or issue me a cover letter.

I did go on a Saturday and the counter lady said that financial regulations have changed and they definitely do not stamp etc etc. And she won't print out my statements or issue me a letter.

I went to a different branch today and they totally refused to stamp/ print statements/ issue cover letter.

I am on paperless statement so I don't receive any paper statements through post. I never expected to have problems with stamping as I did not have any problems with stamping statements the last 2 times I applied for visa. It is only this time, after moving to a different area, the banks here seem to adopt different policy!

I have already requested for the statements to be sent to me. The last time I requested for them to be sent, they took about 2 months to arrive. So, I rather have my statements stamped as a back up.

I don't think I want to travel all the way back to the branch I opened my account as it is quite far...
I understand your problem. Any chance of meeting the Manager and making a request. You could explain the situation and for what purpose you need these statements signed and stamped. This is what they told me too, Head Office has told them not to give stamped statements . May be there are too many people asking for the same statements over and over again.
KEVIN

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Day does not matter for getting statement and many time the counter staff refuse and on calling the superior authority (Branch manager) it can be resolved too because branch need to assit its customer. If you have ordered statement of multiple months then Llyods usually send statement in different envelope bit by bit.
REGARDS

eting
Newly Registered

Post by eting » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Kevin24 wrote:This is what they told me too, Head Office has told them not to give stamped statements . May be there are too many people asking for the same statements over and over again.
ic... is that why they are refusing to stamp statements now? This is not going to make my life any easier in future because I will definitely need my bank statements for visa extension in future.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 pm

eting wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:This is what they told me too, Head Office has told them not to give stamped statements . May be there are too many people asking for the same statements over and over again.
ic... is that why they are refusing to stamp statements now? This is not going to make my life any easier in future because I will definitely need my bank statements for visa extension in future.
This is what one of the Managers told me. What a big fuss he made. This is may be,not true Next day I got 3 months stamped and sighned by the counter girl.She refused to stamp and sighn My Internet Statements.Normally they charge £5 for printing additional statements.
KEVIN