ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Home Office check bank account transactions?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dfyz16
Newly Registered

Do Home Office check bank account transactions?

Post by dfyz16 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:15 am

I am applying for an Indefinite Leave to remain in 3 months as a wife to a british citizen.

I have had some PayPal activity involving payments out and payments in over the last 6 months where I have been buying and selling stuff on eBay.

Will the Home Office ask difficult questions if they see something like that?

Or is it best not to give them a bank statement but other documents instead?

I will VERY much appreciate if someone knowledgeable can help me with this question

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Do Home Office check bank account transactions?

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:21 am

dfyz16 wrote:I am applying for an Indefinite Leave to remain in 3 months as a wife to a british citizen.

I have had some PayPal activity involving payments out and payments in over the last 6 months where I have been buying and selling stuff on eBay.

Will the Home Office ask difficult questions if they see something like that?

Or is it best not to give them a bank statement but other documents instead?

I will VERY much appreciate if someone knowledgeable can help me with this question

Thanks
It depends, if the transactions illustrate that you're running a PayPal business then they could ask whether you're paying income tax. However, if the debits match the credits, roughly, I would see no issue. Unless there are pages upon pages of transactions I don't think this will be a problem.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dfyz16
Newly Registered

Post by dfyz16 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:55 am

In 2 certain months there was quite a few transactions

But I mean, if they know the account number and sort code will they start looking into the account remotely via some special access of their own? Or they never do that unless they see something suspicious on the bank statement itself?

They ask for 6 documents from 3 different sources and I can give them a bank statement from a month that has no transactions related to eBay and PayPal and only normal transactions from tesco, petrol station etc etc

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 am

Again it all depends how you applying, either applying in person or by post. If going in person and the transactions are of a big amounts they might ask you the questions but then you will be able to awnser accordingly. And if applying by post then they can raise the query.

But in all honesty it's very unlikely to concern them as far as your other documents are in line and up to date.

Good luck

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 am

dfyz16 wrote:In 2 certain months there was quite a few transactions

But I mean, if they know the account number and sort code will they start looking into the account remotely via some special access of their own? Or they never do that unless they see something suspicious on the bank statement itself?

They ask for 6 documents from 3 different sources and I can give them a bank statement from a month that has no transactions related to eBay and PayPal and only normal transactions from tesco, petrol station etc etc
You do sign a deceleration to give the HO access to your accounts but it's highly unlikely during a PEO appointment. As long as you have documents covering the 2 year period (ideally every 4 months) then that's fine, they don't need to be bank statements, utility bills, credit card statements, council tax statements, HMRC letters etc.... Will suffice. Either one joint document x 6 or a letter in each names x 6 or a combination of both.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.