ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

invitation for citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vin_ke123
Newly Registered

invitation for citizenship ceremony

Post by vin_ke123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 am

i received letter from HO confirming that my application for naturalisation has been successful on 6th march 2013. since then i have been waiting for the invitation letter for citizenship ceremony but have not received anything. i have e-mailed HO couple of times but received only automated message and nothing else. i tried to call HO but could not get thru to any body. my problem is next month my existing passport is expiring.
Do anybody know what will happen if my current passport expire before i get chance to attend the ceremony? i do not have other form of photo id.
Please help!!

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 am

Hi vin_ke123,

The citizenship approval letter should advise you to contact your local council to book the ceremony. It normally says on the same letter, I received mine early this month (approval letter) and it was mentioned on the same page advised me to contact the council to book the ceremony.

Please check again the approval letter.

Good luck

sayam04

vin_ke123
Newly Registered

Post by vin_ke123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 am

dear sayam04
thanks for the prompt reply. my letter says invitation letter will follow and do not contact local council until the letter arrives. any advice what should i do?

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 pm

vin_ke123 wrote:my letter says invitation letter will follow and do not contact local council until the letter arrives. any advice what should i do?
The letter you mention should have arrived within 2 weeks of the "approval" letter. It might be worth contacting your council to tell them the problem. They have more chance of making contact with the HO than you do.

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:17 pm

That's a good point, the approval letter will definetly have a Home office reference no. on top right of the letter.

Call you council to nationality department and just say them you want to book a ceremony. They will ask you the home office reference no. or you full name appear on the approval letter. They will ask you when you received your approval letter.

Provide them this information, you never know they already may have your information.

So on Monday first thing in a morning give a try and call with confidence to your council to book for ceremony.

Good luck

sayam04