ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One month stamp

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Others have posted that the EU commission considers reasonable postage charges to be outside of the scope of being "free", ie embassies can charge postage fees.

That said, it seems to be quite a lot of money for postage. I would be inclined to ask for a breakdown and justification of the costs. Don't be meek, ask.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:49 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Others have posted that the EU commission considers reasonable postage charges to be outside of the scope of being "free", ie embassies can charge postage fees.

That said, it seems to be quite a lot of money for postage. I would be inclined to ask for a breakdown and justification of the costs. Don't be meek, ask.
Yep I also think s/ 350 (£90) is a bit on the steep side for the postage costs, but like I said, me & my wife will wait until the visa is issued until we raise the postage costs matter again with them

But I'm pretty sure the fella at the Irish embassy in Peru takes a chunk of that money for himself ;)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

I wouldn't be inclined to agree that there is anyone making money out of the application. I would be inclined to ask for a justification for the the administration charge - that's a reasonable request and can be done now.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:33 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Complain. The visa should have been free.
My wife was grated her visa this past Monday so she went to the Irish embassy in Lima to collect it, but the fella that runs the embassy is a bit of a clown & forgot to give my wife back her supporting documents, so once she realised she called him & returned to the embassy on Thursday to collect them & while she was there the bloke in charge of the embassy let it slip that the documents never even left the embassy there in Peru!
So he blatantly lied to me & my wife about the s/ 350 fee he made us pay being to cover the costs of postage fees for sending the documents to Mexico & Ireland & back!

I'm pretty sure he is pocketing the money & is being allowed to get away with it as most people are in the take in Peru!

I have since reported this matter to the Irish visa authority's in Dublin along with other rubbish he fead my wife while she was they saying that she was very lucky to be issued the visa (she was entitled to it under EU law) also since the time my wife applied for the visa she has had some health problems which require her to have an operation in Peru before she can fly to Ireland & the date she is scheduled to have this surgery is still unconfirmed & the travel date on her visa is 1st May until 1st August, so my wife informed him that due to her health she might not be able to travel during those dates in which she was told that if she doesn't travel in the time stated then she would lose her opportunity to go to Ireland & won't be able to apply again for a visa to go there!

He also said she needs to enter Ireland by mid July to be able to register for residency or she will be made to leave once the 1st of August comes around!

To my knowledge the visa date is the date she can enter Ireland on then she has 3 months to under the treaty rights act to register for 5 year residency & even if the 3 months passed & she had not registered she won't get deported like she has been informed in the Irish embassy in Peru by this crook!

So I have reported & questioned the s/ 350 we was made to pay & kindly requested that the date on my wife's visa be extended should her health not permit her to travel on those dates

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:18 am

@chelsearob77,

It is good that you challenged the fee. While the supporting documents might not have left the embassy, it is likely that the passport was sent to and from Mexico.

If your wife cannot travel this time round, she could apply for another visa. The visa is for entry. Once in Ireland, she can apply for residency card.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:42 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:@chelsearob77,

It is good that you challenged the fee. While the supporting documents might not have left the embassy, it is likely that the passport was sent to and from Mexico.

If your wife cannot travel this time round, she could apply for another visa. The visa is for entry. Once in Ireland, she can apply for residency card.
My wife's passport was not even left at the embassy, all that happened is when the visa was ready she took her passport to the Irish embassy in Lima & had the visa sticker put in her passport & from what my wife told me it looks like something that was digitally printed, we are sure all the scanned copies of her documents was sent to Mexico via email & the thing is the lazy sod didn't have to scan anything himself, as he asked us to scan everything & put it on a CD for his records, more like so he could use that to send all the copies on the disk so he didn't have to scan the documents himself!
So again I ask what was the s/ 350 fee we paid actually for?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I don't know, post back when you find out please.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I don't know, post back when you find out please.
Once someone in Ireland replys I will post it up on here,

They will probably say its an administration fee, which I find a bit steep, but the fact is we was told it was to cover courier fees which we have since learned to be a blatant lie!

I'm sure the fella that runs the Irish embassy in Peru has pocketed that money! Or a large portion of it anyway

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Please pursue it until you get a satisfactory answer.

chelsearob77
Ireland

Post by chelsearob77 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Please pursue it until you get a satisfactory answer.
Don't you worry I will do!
& Latintraveller I was talking to about this yesterday & he was not happy when he heard this, as he was also made to pay not only for his wife but his son too! S/ 700 in total & he also was telling me about the number of times he phoned the Irish embassy in Peru & when someone answered the phone they pretended to be someone else & it was only when they was in formed it was a urgent matter they admitted it was the person that runs the embassy that Latintraveller had been talking to the whole time!

How can you trust anyone that is in a position of authority that lies to people & takes money from them for god knows what?
Last edited by chelsearob77 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 pm

I understand that there is no embassy, but rather an honorary consulate. Nonetheless, keep at them and best of luck.

Latintraveller

Post by Latintraveller » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 am

I have finally heard back from SOLVIT. It appears that they have been doing sterling work in the background on my behalf.

They acknowledge that my wife should have received a stamp not stating that she cannot work and they invite me to send the passport for updating. I will not do this as the situation has moved on now and she has a Stamp 4. It is a useful document to have since if ever she is told that she shouldnt have been working that we have the vindication in print. Also if anyone else has this problem if they PM me and I can send them a copy of the email.

The email also mentions that the charge for the courier between Peru and Mexico was 563.96 Soles. Therefore I will let the 134 Soles go and not pursue this further.