ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CW
Newly Registered

Post by CW » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:17 pm

My timeline if it helps anyone!

Applied: 04/10/12
Bio metric given 7/12/12
ILR approved: 24/4/13 and received 26/4/13

@6 months I ask my MP, they gave me a update after 2 weeks that said cannot say any time limit, probably could be months more. When I asked if they can do anything more at all, they said they cannot do anything nor I can. Asked me to contact them in next 6 months, if I did not get it by then. Nice!

But out of blue, my application was processed after few days!

Regardless of whether it will help or not, I think you all who wait for at least 6 months should contact your MP. There is a best possibility that your MP could do more than mine, so try. All the very best!

essentialSalt

Re: ILR

Post by essentialSalt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:12 pm

kaalimurgi wrote:@settlement now,
gsingh
essential salt
and other August warriors

How is everything. What are your MP's doing? any response yet. Pls update
I haven't received anything yet. Mine is 247 days (or 35.28 weeks) since the acknowledgement and counting. My MP is high-up (the MP has other duties in government apart from representing the area) and hasn't responded to my email. It's great that Sep and Oct applications are hearing back from the home office. I wish they let me get on with my life asap, but no news yet.

The official statistics suggest that still more than half of August Set(O) are pending and there are some applications from May, June and July as well.

I have dealt with the home office a number of times in the past. My applications through the UK home office have always taken a lot longer than the official/published service standards. My applications through a British consulate tend to be much faster within a few days, much faster than the official service standards.

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long ilr and flr m

Post by amohammedzia » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 pm

HI Damanisshallo,
Can you please advice me below query
ILR 10 YEARS
APPLIED ON 17-09-2012
BPR 21-01-2013
decission wating...
i am applying dependent visa (FLR M ) as her visa will expire on 10 may next month could you please advice me ...
Dependent applicant details
Date of entry was sep 2009 visa psw partner + Tier 1G 2 year
i want to know tha is she is applicable for new rules or old rules
do i need to show my last 6 months earning 18600? and do i need to show maintance of fund.
Waiting for your reply
Thank's in advance

Izno

Post by Izno » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Hello ,

I applied on the 09 August , so far still waiting . I did send an email to complaint ( no reply from UKBA ) , did contact MP last week waiting a response think she is busy with local elections.
essentialSalt wrote:
gsingh
essential salt

I haven't received anything yet. Mine is 247 days (or 35.28 weeks) since the acknowledgement and counting. My MP is high-up (the MP has other duties in government apart from representing the area) and hasn't responded to my email. It's great that Sep and Oct applications are hearing back from the home office. I wish they let me get on with my life asap, but no news yet.

The official statistics suggest that still more than half of August Set(O) are pending and there are some applications from May, June and July as well.

I have dealt with the home office a number of times in the past. My applications through the UK home office have always taken a lot longer than the official/published service standards. My applications through a British consulate tend to be much faster within a few days, much faster than the official service standards.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm

amohammedzia wrote:HI Damanisshallo,
ILR 10 YEARS
APPLIED ON 17-09-2012
BPR 21-01-2013
decission wating...
i am applying dependent visa (FLR M ) as her visa will expire on 10 may next month could you please advice me ...
Old rules.
do i need to show my last 6 months earning 18600?
No.
and do i need to show maintance of fund.
Yes, only to show that you can maintain your family without relying on public funds.

Waiting for your reply
Thank's in advance
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

zamiramin
Newly Registered

ILR Approval

Post by zamiramin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi All

This is my timeline

Applied 15/09/2012
Biometrics 29/11/2012
Approval Letter and Passport 25/04/2012
BRP 26/04/2012

Please feel free to add to the spreadsheet

I had to have my application expedited as a family member died .

I took them more than a week to get my docs back to after requesting ILR. The maddening thing is my case was decided in less that an hour even though my docs was just lying there for more than 7 month.

My MP was sympathetic to my case but ultimately it was the office of Rob Whiteman that got my application expedited.

Thank YOU Saanju9 for your help. Good luck to those september applicants still waiting.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

Post by amohammedzia » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
ILR 10 YEARS
APPLIED ON 17-09-2012
BPR 21-01-2013
decission wating...
Old rules.
No.
Yes, only to show that you can maintain your family without relying on public funds.

Waiting for your reply
Thank's in advance
THANKS AGAIN

essentialSalt

May, June, July Applicants

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:13 am

Are there members who applied in May, June, July and are still waiting to hear from the home office (the first decision - not appeal)?

I am an August applicant and am still waiting. Can I get some tips on how to cope with the waiting beyond 8 - 9 months? Is there anything we can do to remind the home office that our cases still pending and we are still waiting to hear from them (is it possible that they are waiting for us to withdraw the applications)?

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 am

Hi essentialsalt,l think you will have to send an email to those ministers to do something, l did on Friday lets see what happens will keep u updated, mine was on the 6/08/2012,l couldn't take it anymore so am glad l did

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 am

Lcj wrote:Hi essentialsalt,l think you will have to send an email to those ministers to do something, l did on Friday lets see what happens will keep u updated, mine was on the 6/08/2012,l couldn't take it anymore so am glad l did
I emailed all ministers however got a reply back from Mr Whiteman that they cant deal with my complaint as he is no longer a CEO and have to complaint via diff route.

Can anybody please suggest me if I should change my wording complaint to concern or should I email to somebody else.

please suggest me as I am very desperate to get my documents back. Its been 8 months now........

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 am

I also got a reply from Mr.Whiteman saying they take all complaints seriously and it takes 20working days but at the end his PA said he is no longer the CEO,not sure whether they will forward it to the right person

Sanji100
Newly Registered

Post by Sanji100 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 am

I had to wait for 9 months and I know it is difficult. The only way to keep your head straight is to think that the delay in only due to the backlog that the home office has to clear and has no reflection of ones individual application.

Also, it looks like that are clearing out July and August applications. So, the wait will not be that long...

zak786

UKBA Contact Numbers

Post by zak786 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 am

Hi, I remember someone posted UKBA contact number along with options to get to speak to customer advisor on this forum. Please is it possible to post that number along with those options on this forum again as I could not find the earlier posts?

Thanks

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 am

Sanji100 wrote:I had to wait for 9 months and I know it is difficult. The only way to keep your head straight is to think that the delay in only due to the backlog that the home office has to clear and has no reflection of ones individual application.

Also, it looks like that are clearing out July and August applications. So, the wait will not be that long...
On the skydrive, I see some from May and June and their decisions are still pending. They are waiting longer than I have been. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

The interesting thing is that the waiting for the response takes over your life. According to the guidelines, if you are suicidal or have a metal disorder, your application could be expedited, but it's the waiting that makes applicants desperate and drive them toward such drastic actions.

We just have to wait, don't we?
Last edited by essentialSalt on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMH

Re: UKBA Contact Numbers

Post by AMH » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 to check the progress of outstanding application
You can select these options as soon as computerised message begins
zak786 wrote:Hi, I remember someone posted UKBA contact number along with options to get to speak to customer advisor on this forum. Please is it possible to post that number along with those options on this forum again as I could not find the earlier posts?

Thanks
7A8M6H

amohammedzia
Newly Registered

Post by amohammedzia » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
ILR 10 YEARS
APPLIED ON 17-09-2012
BPR 21-01-2013
decission wating...
Old rules.
No.

Waiting for your reply
Thank's in advance
Thank you for your time and advice once again
D[/b]o i need to show any kind of balance on statement as i did not have any saving in my account though i am getting my salary in to my account and i spend from it where i can show the bills and rent paid from this account.

2) Do i need to fill 7.2, 7.3 ,7.3c...... all this question
3) 7B maintenance question
4) Do she need to show English test ( applicant pass life in UK test but i can't see in application about this requirement.

Could you please advice on this query
Thank you very much for you Value time .

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

Re: May, June, July Applicants

Post by sweetykaur » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I think better contact your MP so that he can talk on UKBA MP hotline and get your applications processed ASAP. No other way better than this

essentialSalt wrote:Are there members who applied in May, June, July and are still waiting to hear from the home office (the first decision - not appeal)?

I am an August applicant and am still waiting. Can I get some tips on how to cope with the waiting beyond 8 - 9 months? Is there anything we can do to remind the home office that our cases still pending and we are still waiting to hear from them (is it possible that they are waiting for us to withdraw the applications)?

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

Post by sweetykaur » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I think better contact your MP so that he can talk on UKBA MP hotline and get your applications processed ASAP. No other way better than this
Izno wrote:Hello ,

I applied on the 09 August , so far still waiting . I did send an email to complaint ( no reply from UKBA ) , did contact MP last week waiting a response think she is busy with local elections.
essentialSalt wrote:
gsingh
essential salt

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
Sanji100 wrote:I had to wait for 9 months and I know it is difficult. The only way to keep your head straight is to think that the delay in only due to the backlog that the home office has to clear and has no reflection of ones individual application.

On the skydrive, I see some from May and June and their decisions are still pending. They are waiting longer than I have been. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

The interesting thing is that the waiting for the response takes over your life. According to the guidelines, if you are suicidal or have a metal disorder, your application could be expedited, but it's the waiting that makes applicants desperate and drive them toward such drastic actions.

@essential salt
Why HO taking so long on your case? Is there any complications? Or its just a simple straight forward case? Or just like everybody else; your file is collecting dust on it. And I don't see you on skydrive either. What is your timeline?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:30 pm

amohammedzia wrote:i need to show any kind of balance on statement as i did not have any saving in my account though i am getting my salary in to my account and i spend from it where i can show the bills and rent paid from this account.

This should be fine. As long as you are able to maintain.

2) Do i need to fill 7.2, 7.3 ,7.3c...... all this question
If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE.
3) 7B maintenance question
Yes
4) Do she need to show English test ( applicant pass life in UK test but i can't see in application about this requirement.
Section 8 requires English requirement.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Izno

Post by Izno » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Hello Mrsingh ,

When did you mail Mr Whiteman and is it possible to know which other route to complaint.
mrgsingh wrote:
Lcj wrote:Hi essentialsalt,l think you will have to send an email to those ministers to do something, l did on Friday lets see what happens will keep u updated, mine was on the 6/08/2012,l couldn't take it anymore so am glad l did
I emailed all ministers however got a reply back from Mr Whiteman that they cant deal with my complaint as he is no longer a CEO and have to complaint via diff route.

Can anybody please suggest me if I should change my wording complaint to concern or should I email to somebody else.

please suggest me as I am very desperate to get my documents back. Its been 8 months now........

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 pm

A.Jadoon wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:

@essential salt
Why HO taking so long on your case? Is there any complications? Or its just a simple straight forward case? Or just like everybody else; your file is collecting dust on it. And I don't see you on skydrive either. What is your timeline?
I don't think it makes any difference whether a case is complicated or simple. Mine is not at all complicated. It's just bad luck. 250 days today.

Whether your MP is willing to help you depends on your MP (even just to give the home office a quick phonecall). If he or she is high up in government, then he or she most surely won't help you. They have more important things to do and don't want to set a precedent (if you help one applicant you have to help everyone). If your MP doesn't have a prominent position in your party, he or she might be able to help (and probably want to help you).

Everyone from July and August (and before) is desperate and frustrated (and at the same time happy) that those who applied after us are getting their decisions before we do, but there is not much we can do.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joyous2013

Please help

Post by Joyous2013 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm

I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons . Please help

essentialSalt

13 Months and the Waiting continues

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 pm

A horror story from whatdotheyknow. This applicant has been waiting for the decision since FEb. 2012 and is treated in a (I think) dismissive manner by the authorities.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ment-38300

essentialSalt

Re: UKBA Contact Numbers

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 pm

AMH wrote:Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 to check the progress of outstanding application
You can select these options as soon as computerised message begins
zak786 wrote:Hi, I remember someone posted UKBA contact number along with options to get to speak to customer advisor on this forum. Please is it possible to post that number along with those options on this forum again as I could not find the earlier posts?

Thanks
Do you have a fax number as well for a formal complaint? Emails will be ignored, won't they?