ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit for non EU fam members EU1 pending forms

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

efrenirvana

work permit for non EU fam members EU1 pending forms

Post by efrenirvana » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:49 pm

------------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm

------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Good idea efrenirvana! I'll post as soon as I find out. :D

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:56 am

Hey Guys,

Spoke with the DOJ yesterday as did a freind in dublin for the most part thanks to Lu for this see this link to an earlier forum as far as it goes they have said it doesnt affect anything and the fast track means you will have the permit in a week those were there words.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14480

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 pm

The important question is, would we be required to travel to our home country to have the work permit stamped by the Irish embassy.Any ideas?

lu_rvs
Newly Registered

Post by lu_rvs » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:17 pm

no you don't need to go home to get the permit. You first find a job and then the employer fills out a good part of the form for you. You then just send it in with copies of your documentation (passports, marriage certificate and letter explaining pending EU1 application) to the work permit department. Hearing that it only takes a week is good news though. My husband is sending his in hopefully next week so we'll see if that's true.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:14 pm

lu_rvs wrote:no you don't need to go home to get the permit. You first find a job and then the employer fills out a good part of the form for you. You then just send it in with copies of your documentation (passports, marriage certificate and letter explaining pending EU1 application) to the work permit department. Hearing that it only takes a week is good news though. My husband is sending his in hopefully next week so we'll see if that's true.
It is apparently clear that human being are always afraid of change.Going through the work permit route is a short.Its not a right but a privilege for it to be approved.The bed rock of this forum is to inform and educate interested members.For a change to take place,people should send a simple letter to the DoJ requesting the fulfillment of their Directive obligations.
Personally,i need my rights not privileges.The EU 1 is only a confirmation of the exercise of the Treaty rights inherited as a spouse of an EU citizen.
Thus,a marriage certificate and a valid passport of a non EU citizen is enough to secure all relevant documents to enable you to work,rather than a work permit.
Knowledge is Power

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:53 pm

I called the DETE this morning, and the man I spoke to confirmed that it is possible to fast-track a work permit while waiting for the EU1.

However, I'd like to find something on the DETE website that spells this out, if for nothing else than to be able to prove to prospective employers that this is the case. The man on the phone said that it's on the website, but I've found nothing. Has anyone been able to find anything on the DETE site specifically about spouses of EU nationals?

Static

Post by Static » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:58 pm

I have also looked and looked.. will post as soon as I know. I've started applying for jobs so I truly hope that this information is true. If it helps any.... when I rang before we got to Ireland I was given that information as well.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Platinum wrote:I called the DETE this morning, and the man I spoke to confirmed that it is possible to fast-track a work permit while waiting for the EU1.

However, I'd like to find something on the DETE website that spells this out, if for nothing else than to be able to prove to prospective employers that this is the case. The man on the phone said that it's on the website, but I've found nothing. Has anyone been able to find anything on the DETE site specifically about spouses of EU nationals?
DETE fast tracking a Work permit for Spouse of EU national is only a privilege.Its not a right,publishing it on their website may amount to discrimination on other Immigrants with no ties to EU citizens.
Knowledge is Power

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Platinum wrote:I called the DETE this morning, and the man I spoke to confirmed that it is possible to fast-track a work permit while waiting for the EU1.

DETE fast tracking a Work permit for Spouse of EU national is only a privilege.Its not a right,publishing it on their website may amount to discrimination on other Immigrants with no ties to EU citizens.
Knowledge is Power

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:12 pm

The only reference I found to E.U national spouse was on the work permit application form itself...There are also other checkboxes for the normal proceedure for work permit ie. fas advertisement,absense of local talent, which is liable to confuse the employer when filling out the form.There is nothing that says that E.U spouses are exempted from fulfilling all the requirements of a typical work permit application.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:54 pm

Because family members of EU citizens will apply for a spousal/dependent permits the requirement for a labour market needs test will not be required and the list of ineligible jobs do not apply. Also these permits are issued free of charge.

Static

Post by Static » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:32 pm

I certainly hope so. I can't just hang in and wait like this so I contacted an employment agency and told them the story and they said they're happy to help me to find a job and they employers are mostly ok with doing the paperwork. Going for an interview tomorrow......... Wish me luck! :D

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:18 pm

-------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 pm

-------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:08 pm

so far so good.... the company that wants me to work for them are very positive about it and I have a meeting with them tomorrow.. Does anybody know the procedure to follow if you want to make money without being employed here? Like if you want to sell something or do a service..?

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:20 pm

Static wrote:so far so good.... the company that wants me to work for them are very positive about it and I have a meeting with them tomorrow.. Does anybody know the procedure to follow if you want to make money without being employed here? Like if you want to sell something or do a service..?
You/your husband have a right to be self employed.
Knowledge is Power

Static

Post by Static » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:30 pm

brownbonno wrote:
Static wrote:so far so good.... the company that wants me to work for them are very positive about it and I have a meeting with them tomorrow.. Does anybody know the procedure to follow if you want to make money without being employed here? Like if you want to sell something or do a service..?
You/your husband have a right to be self employed.

Thanks again Brownbonno.

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:07 pm

----------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:13 pm

I'm also waiting.. will post as soon as I know :D AND have a big party if it actually works out!

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:15 pm

-------
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static

Post by Static » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:20 pm

No... also only next week. :( But at least we are doing something, yes? :D

efrenirvana

Post by efrenirvana » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Oak
Last edited by efrenirvana on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACA
Newly Registered

Post by ACA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:20 pm

I am missing something here.

I am a Non-EU married to an EU and have been in Ireland for the last 5 years. All I was required todo was to register in the GNIB, get my Card and Stamp 4, valid for a year... and go back to them for renewal.

What has changed? Is this EU1 form affecting me?

Many thanks