ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: Spouse Application with Main Applicant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzanaseer79

Naturalisation: Spouse Application with Main Applicant

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi Members,

I have the following scenario and would like some guidance and help on this:

My status:
May 2007 to Apr 2012: 5 years on (HSMP Visa + Tier 1 General Visa)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year now)
Currenty elegible (5+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it.

My Wife Status:
Oct 2009 to Apr 2012: 2+ years on (Tier 1 General Dependent - Entry Clearance)
18 April 2012 to April 2013: 1+ year on ILR (SETTLEMENT) (Jsut over 1 year now, same time with me)
Currenty elegible (3+ years in UK) for Naturalisation as of above and also satisfying all other requirements for it EXCEPT that I have not obtained my Naturalisation.

My question:
Can my wife apply for her Naturalisation as same time with me now, as I have been advised by one of the solicitor, but no reference has been given?
I would appreciate if some one can debreif and give the refernce of same, in Immigration rules/requirement of UKBA/Home Office.

Kind regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:42 pm

If your wife would be approved, this would be by discretion outside the rules. Some have reported this worked for them. For others it didn't. How confident is the solicitor that it would work? Would he agree for a no win - no fee? The difference between applying together and separately (after your application is approved) is about £200 and 2 months. I would guess you would pay more to the solicitor.

mirzanaseer79

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks for your input.

So it is pretty straight forward that, she cannot apply same time with me?

Kind regards,

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Thanks for your input.

So it is pretty straight forward that, she cannot apply same time with me?

Kind regards,
She could be she takes the risk of being refused, approval would be at the discretion of the caseworker.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.