ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) or SET(LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raaj21
Newly Registered

SET(O) or SET(LR)

Post by Raaj21 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi All,

My first post and need some advice. I've been in the UK for the last 9 year and 8 months. I wanted to apply for the ILR. Just been to the UKBA website and am totally confused with the introduction of the new forms.

I'm not sure which one is applicable to me? I've been in the UK on 4 years student visa and there after IGS scheme for another 2 and now have the Tier 1. I would prefer to apply in person if possible.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Raaj21
Last edited by Raaj21 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Use new form
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Raaj21
Newly Registered

Post by Raaj21 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 am

vinny wrote:Use new form
Thanks vinny - I wanted to apply and in person and SET (LR) doesnt permit that. Would I still be eligible to apply for ILR via the SET(O) using the 10 years route?

Many thanks,
Raaj21

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 am

No (over the 21-day time limit specified in 34I).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Raaj21
Newly Registered

Post by Raaj21 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:35 pm

vinny wrote:No (over the 21-day time limit specified in 34I).
Many thanks Vinny for all the assistance. I'll start the form filling process this weekend. I qualify for the 10 years in August 2013 so shall be posting on this if I need further assistance.

Many thanks once again

Raaj21