ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

left the university so the visa will be canceled?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gulgon

left the university so the visa will be canceled?

Post by gulgon » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:50 pm

I had enrolled at a postgrad program to finish by feb 2005 and so Home Office had given me a visa expiring in June 2005. But now I am considering to leave the program and the university will cancel my registry then. Do you think the university will inform the Home Office that I am no more a student?? So can they kick me out of the UK???
Great thanks!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:53 pm

No
Where there is a will there is a way.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:02 pm

Thats quite good, I thought the univ. would soon inform Home Office, as the visa had been given for my studies... Things work different here then!? So I can stay in the UK until my student visa expires even if I am not a student anymore??

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:23 am

I wouldn't count on your university not informing the Home Office. They may inform them or they may not. If they do, your visa could be cancelled and you wouldn't be allowed to stay in the UK beyond a 28 day notice period.

In practice, does this usually happen? No, the system is rarely that efficient. But it could happen!

Joseph