ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Timeline Tracker 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mauraaisling
Newly Registered

Post by mauraaisling » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 pm

I didn't save it - which was exceptionally dumb of me.

malikscompany

Re: Applied at the beginning of March 2013

Post by malikscompany » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:13 pm

mauraaisling wrote:I applied at the beginning of March 2013 and still haven't gotten a letter of acknowledgement. Am I being over anxious? Should I call or write to them? I sent it out reg post so I can't imagine it got lost.
you should recieve it not more then a month after applying, some people even get it within few days , email or call INIS , email would be an easier option.

amberly
Newly Registered

Post by amberly » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Anybody got a receipt after posing the 950 Euro bank draft?

mauraaisling
Newly Registered

Post by mauraaisling » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Do you know the appropriate contact email...inis emails tell me to call Or write but no one answers during the hotline times

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 am

amberly wrote:Anybody got a receipt after posing the 950 Euro bank draft?
mauraaisling wrote:Do you know the appropriate contact email...inis emails tell me to call Or write but no one answers during the hotline times
This Thread is not for posing questions. You should ask any questions you may have in "Naturalisation Questions" Thread
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

ambereu
Newly Registered

Post by ambereu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

amberly wrote:Anybody got a receipt after posing the 950 Euro bank draft?
Nope, I never got it - though I know they received it as I sent it by registered post (got an An Post delivery confirmation).

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 am

mauraaisling wrote:Do you know the appropriate contact email...inis emails tell me to call Or write but no one answers during the hotline times
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 am

[quote="ambereu"][quote="amberly"]Anybody got a receipt after posing the 950 Euro bank draft?[/quote]

Nope, I never got it - though I know they received it as I sent it by registered post (got an An Post delivery confirmation).[/quote] they never send the recipt they receive 950 euro bank draft.the next thing they will send you citizenship ceremony dates.good luck

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Please take the lead from this poster and note this announcement

If you want to ask questions about how to make an application or anything else, first search the forum and if you cannot find an answer make a new thread.
Is there any reason why these dates are being tracked in a thread? It gets ridiculously unwieldy after even one page of posts, and doesn't allow easy updating of details. The Citizenship Tracker has been around for over four now tracking info on Irish citizenship applications. Why not just add/update your details there? http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

Happy to hand over to someone else if they wish to do further development on it (e.g. allowing login to access data).

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Please, could those who applied from mid to late 2012 and early 2013 offer us their timeline tracker, please. It will really help to know what is happening from people's experiences. I applied early this year - January and have only got acknowledgment, receipt and ref number- and that it has successfully moved to second stage. Thanks in anticipation. Hope post is appropriate here?

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Mimmi2003 wrote:Please, could those who applied from mid to late 2012 and early 2013 offer us their timeline tracker, please. It will really help to know what is happening from people's experiences. I applied early this year - January and have only got acknowledgment, receipt and ref number- and that it has successfully moved to second stage. Thanks in anticipation. Hope post is appropriate here?
Does it say that "you moved to the second stage or initial processing is done etc.." in your acknowledgement? Or just receiving acknowledgement with reference number and receipt does it mean that you moved to second stage?

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Yes. Successfully moved to second stage was part of the content of the letter.

ozindublin
Newly Registered

Post by ozindublin » Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

My application time line is as follows:

Application : End June 2012 (5 years residency stamp1 and stamp4)
1st Acknowledgment: Mid July 2012
2nd Acknowledgment: N/A - advised sucessful progression to 2nd stage in 1st acknowledgment in mid-July
Letter of approval:
Documents submitted:
Invitation letter :
Ceremony:

Emailed 30 April for an update and was advised 'the processing of your application is currently at an advanced stage. The necessary checks have taken place and your application will be submitted to the Minister for his decision as soon as possible'.

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:19 pm

ozindublin wrote:My application time line is as follows:

Application : End June 2012 (5 years residency stamp1 and stamp4)
1st Acknowledgment: Mid July 2012
2nd Acknowledgment: N/A - advised sucessful progression to 2nd stage in 1st acknowledgment in mid-July
Letter of approval:
Documents submitted:
Invitation letter :
Ceremony:

Emailed 30 April for an update and was advised 'the processing of your application is currently at an advanced stage. The necessary checks have taken place and your application will be submitted to the Minister for his decision as soon as possible'.
Some acknowledgement letters say: "Initial processing done now you're at further processing stage", where some say: "We acked your documents, here's your reference number, and that's it". What's the difference here? Does anybody know?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 am

eternitate1903 wrote:Some acknowledgement letters say: "Initial processing done now you're at further processing stage", where some say: "We acked your documents, here's your reference number, and that's it". What's the difference here? Does anybody know?
Further Processing Stage and Advanced Stage are closely the same thing.

Acknowledgement of document means that it is yet be processed. i.e Initial Stage..

yearofsnake
Newly Registered

sep of 2012 still waiting for approval?

Post by yearofsnake » Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 am

Is there any application for sep of 2012 get approval ??

courny

Re: sep of 2012 still waiting for approval?

Post by courny » Sun May 12, 2013 2:46 pm

yearofsnake wrote:Is there any application for sep of 2012 get approval ??
no my friend. theres people here waiting who applied in Decmeber 2011!

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:25 pm

(Quoted reverse_blade 93)My spouse:

Applied mid-May 2012
1st acknowledgement: June 2012 - reference number - proceed to 2nd stage
2nd notice: Nov 2012 - further processing (queried by post)
3rd notice: Jan 2013 - further processing (queried by post)
4th notice : 1 March 2013 - APPROVAL LETTER - asking for Garda card, payment etc.
No ceremony yet.

Applied stamp 1 and then stamp 4 all the way - 5 years.
with one Irish child.

About more or less 9 months.

Myself:
Applied December 2012 - 5 year stamp 3 & 4.
1st acknowledgement: January 2013 - reference number - proceed to 2nd stage
No further notice so far, I will be following up extensively around July 2013.

We praise God for the good news!

Hello reverse_blade93, did your wife get the invitation to ceremony yet? Any updates on your application? Please, keep us updated. I applied in Jan 2013 myself, so I am interested to know your progress.

Post by 110 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Mimmi2003 wrote:(Quoted reverse_blade 93)My spouse:

Applied mid-May 2012
4th notice : 1 March 2013 - APPROVAL LETTER - asking for Garda card, payment etc.
No ceremony yet.

Applied stamp 1 and then stamp 4 all the way - 5 years.
with one Irish child.

About more or less 9 months.

Myself:
Applied December 2012 - 5 year stamp 3 & 4.
No further notice so far, I will be following up extensively around July 2013.

We praise God for the good news!

Hello reverse_blade93, did your wife get the invitation to ceremony yet? Any updates on your application? Please, keep us updated. I applied in Jan 2013 myself, so I am interested to know your progress.
Hi, was your spouse working while on stamp 4 ?

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

[/quote]Hello reverse_blade93, did your wife get the invitation to ceremony yet? Any updates on your application? Please, keep us updated. I applied in Jan 2013 myself, so I am interested to know your progress.[/quote]

Yes, my spouse received invitation (blue) next day after the announcement was made, but before that (announcement day), we emailed INIS for confirmation of inclusion, and they confirmed my spouse is indeed included (praise be to God).

Just for additional info, we received the approval for my spouse on 1 March 2013, sent the payment 2 March 2013 (Saturday), they have received it the following working day (Monday) as per tracking #.

Regarding my application, still in 2nd stage (verification of Garda, social welfare, etc), I email them every month for updates, it hasn't move that far yet I guess, but I'm still on 4th month so I still have high hopes for the 6 months promise. :D

Just a tip, ask INIS in a very nice way, (nearing almost formal communication) and they are very quick to come back with an update. In all my communication, I get a response within an hour.

So to wrap up, here is our update:

My Spouse:
Applied mid-May 2012
CEREMONY INVITE RECEIVED: 1 May 2013 for 20 May 2013 Ceremony

Immigration Status -Stamp 1 (a few months) and then stamp 4 (green card) all the way - 5 years. with one Irish child.

My spouse processing is about more or less 9 months.

Myself:
Applied December 2012 - 5 years = combination of stamps 1, 3 & 4

As of May 2013 - still in 2nd stage (Garda, Social Welfare checking, etc).

I will be forwarding a notorized naturalization cert of my spouse to add in my application file in the next few days to INIS, see if that will speed it up a bit :D

All I can do now is pray and hope for the best (cross fingers).
Last edited by reverse_blade93 on Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:52 am

Hello reverse_blade93, did your wife get the invitation to ceremony yet? Any updates on your application? Please, keep us updated. I applied in Jan 2013 myself, so I am interested to know your progress.[/quote]

Hi, was your spouse working while on stamp 4 ?[/quote]

Yes, Spouse was Stamp 4 - working via Green Card permit - 5 years (a few months on stamp 1)

Myself, Stamp 4 Zambrano - but working since 2008 (stamp 1) - no gaps in work and no social welfare claims.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 am

reverse_blade93 wrote:I will be forwarding a notorized naturalization cert of my spouse to add in my application file in the next few days to INIS, see if that will speed it up a bit :D
Can I advice you not to do that? And the reasons are as follows:

1. INIS will know that your wife is naturalised, so no point sending your wife's cert.

2. INIS will know that your child is Irish, so no point sending that too.

3. Sending the cert will have no impact on your application whatsover as every case is treated solely on the application itself.

4. Sending the cert may slightly delay your application as your application could go to a further procesing team.

5. It is advisable not to send something irrelevant after acknowledgement is recieved, because like I said could slow your application.

You having no gaps in employment or never being on social welfare will also have no impact in your application whatsoever. Just wait and you will receiving invitation just like your wife. Yours might even be faster as INIS is working relatively fast nowadays.

reverse_blade93
Newly Registered

Post by reverse_blade93 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you for the advise & explanation.

Your logic @ 1 & 2 is common sense. Plus, the hassle to have it notarized is a pain already.

But given that, what is your thought in INIS acknowledgment letter advise that one has to inform them of any changes in immigration status or any relevant life event that may concern them?

On 3, I believed there will be impact as per Section 16 waiver - thou in the first place I haven't apply using this avenue, (I applied via 5yr residency) so you may be right, but again it is only the minister that can decide if it has weight in the end.

On 4, is 2nd stage (which I am in) same as further processing stage?

On 5, I believed it is not irrelevant, refer to my comment on 1.

Again, big thanks for your thoughts, it is really much appreciated.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 14, 2013 2:30 pm

reverse_blade93 wrote:Thank you for the advise & explanation.

But given that, what is your thought in INIS acknowledgment letter advise that one has to inform them of any changes in immigration status or any relevant life event that may concern them?
Its any changes in your immgration status not your wife's immgration status.

You are not applying on the basis of Spouse of an Irish National nor based on Irish Associations. so it is highly irrelevant.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

reverse_blade93 wrote: On 3, I believed there will be impact as per Section 16 waiver - thou in the first place I haven't apply using this avenue, (I applied via 5yr residency) so you may be right, but again it is only the minister that can decide if it has weight in the end.
As I said previous you are not applying based on Marriage to an Irish national and therefore irrelevant.