ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding Self Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pret
Newly Registered

Query Regarding Self Employment

Post by Pret » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi,

I went for a PEO appointment for ILR. My earning was based on employment and self employment. My case was given to case worker and after 2 hours the case worker handed me a letter without any interview. There were 3 questions have been asked:

1) Letter with details of service charges to client.
2) Contracts
3) Qualification

Now I do have qualification which I can prove plus my current employment experience.
Regarding point 1, does my client needs to provide the details including invoice no and amount? What other details could I put to make it look presentable.

Point2: I'm working with 4 client out of which I only have a formal contract with 2 and 2 I have the verbal contract. Do I need to put verbal contract in writing for above purpose.

I would appreciate if some one could advise me in details on this. Also if you know any good consultant in London who could provide professional assistance.

Normally how long it takes to decide such applications.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Pret,

Which PEO did you attend?

Regarding Point 1, I will suggest you present an invoice that has been generated by you to your clients. You clients cannot generate invoices for the work you have done for them. Is it possible you purchase a product and then give yourself a receipt for that product? Look at it that way. So it must be an invoice generated by you to your clients. You dont any other details as the invoice should be spot sufficient.

On point 2, I will suggest that you get the clients you havent got written contract with to write a letter on their letter headed paper to UKBA confirming the work that you have done for them and how much you were paid.

I hope this helps and do let us know how you get on

Regards

Fomsand1

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 am

fomsand1 wrote
fomsand1 wrote:Hi Pret,

Which PEO did you attend?

Regarding Point 1, I will suggest you present an invoice that has been generated by you to your clients. You clients cannot generate invoices for the work you have done for them. Is it possible you purchase a product and then give yourself a receipt for that product? Look at it that way. So it must be an invoice generated by you to your clients. You dont any other details as the invoice should be spot sufficient.

On point 2, I will suggest that you get the clients you havent got written contract with to write a letter on their letter headed paper to UKBA confirming the work that you have done for them and how much you were paid.

I hope this helps and do let us know how you get on

Regards

Fomsand1

I disagree on your advice as how to handle the item no 2.

Please, send me a PM to address the issue more clearly .
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 am

I refer to my earlier post ,if the suggestion provided by
''FOMSAND1'' should stand then such letter should be addressed to you because UKBA letter was addressed to you to provide some documents/information

Besides, Your clients have business dealings with you and not UKBA.The only exception if your UKBA letter expressely requested your clients to direct such letter to them in which case they would have contacted them directly.

In the alternative, if you have wriiten business agreement for the affected clients, this could be forwarded to UKBA to represent item 2

Thank you

[/b]
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

aprilhsmpEC
Newly Registered

Post by aprilhsmpEC » Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 am

Why were you asked for Qualification? didn't you submit it with your extension.

Pret
Newly Registered

Post by Pret » Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 am

Hi April,

I did submitted my degree with my previous extension and got the point. The above qualification is with regards to my self employment to prove, I have taken courses which I can produce and also my employment experience as well.

However the question is, can't you as a work self employed if you don't have the degree but experience. Also it is not stated any where in Tier 1 General guidance that you have to have a required qualification to start any business, what about the experience?

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Pret wrote:However the question is, can't you as a work self employed if you don't have the degree but experience. Also it is not stated any where in Tier 1 General guidance that you have to have a required qualification to start any business, what about the experience?
Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Why would they ask for this - do they doubt the veracity of the business...?

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 am

katwmn6 wrote:
Pret wrote:However the question is, can't you as a work self employed if you don't have the degree but experience. Also it is not stated any where in Tier 1 General guidance that you have to have a required qualification to start any business, what about the experience?
Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Why would they ask for this - do they doubt the veracity of the business...?

If the nature of your self employed business is insconsitent with the degree in you have in their records and the nature of the business is skilled related, they now ask applicants for certificates in that line.So you are not the only person it has happened to.

However,In your letter to UKBA, explain the experience you have and where and if you done any short courses relating to it , it will serve the purpose.

If the nature of your self employed business is insconsitent with the degree you have in their records and the nature of the business is skilled related, they now ask applicants for certificates in that line.

However,In your letter to UKBA, explain the experience you have and where and if you have done any short course(s) relating to it , it will serve the purpose.