ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:56 pm

So in 2013 applys after how many days we recieve COAs?
Thanks
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

A&A

Re: Refused

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Schastlivchik wrote:
A_D21 wrote:My spouse is self employed and thy said you have to pay NI by direct debit.
Thy asked if I applied for a self assesment account.

Thy did not call me for interview. I emailed mr whiteman a few weeks back and saturday I received the letter.
Hi I am very sorry to hear that. This is a nonsense you don't have to pay by direct debit as long as you pay. What documents did you send to prove you husband is qualified? What exactly did they say in the letter. I mean if the reason was no NI direct debit than I think you will win. May be better to ask them for reconsideration to save time and money.
You said you have written to Whiteman did he reply to you? I am just thinking to wright him may be this will speed things up.
Guys I have done a lot of research here & I have concluded that it's very difficult to get the EEA2 when applied via self employed or self sufficient route.

UKBA just find some small reason to refuse the application. My question is why do they take so bloody long to decide. I bet can just look at the file & tell if something is missing or not. I have been somehow related to immigration work.

To be precise it's on their discretion to give visa or not. They try their best not to due to lot of sham marriages going on now a days. NOT ALL FINGERS ARE SAME.

In this case it's best to get a letter from accountant stating that the tax was being paid.

Try to ask your spouce to get a proper job with a bigger employer like tesco, asda, boots. Most of the applications made whist having them as your employer results to higher probabily to succeed.

I hope the apeal would get him the visa.
One God we believe in.

May he bless UKBA with thought to think before refusing any application.

A&A

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 pm

miryferny wrote:So in 2013 applys after how many days we recieve COAs?
Thanks
You will have the CoA in about 3 weeks time. If not then its best to ring them & remind them to send you one after the 7 days.

don't listen to people who say leave the UKBA to do the work & simply work. Trust me it's no point to wait. They will do why they have to do.

Keep chasing them if you know you are right besides why & what do you fear about.
One God we believe in.

A&A

Re: Refused

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 pm

A_D21 wrote:My spouse is self employed and thy said you have to pay NI by direct debit.
Thy asked if I applied for a self assesment account.

Thy did not call me for interview. I emailed mr whiteman a few weeks back and saturday I received the letter.
They did the same thing with my husband too previously. There was an human error of printing in the documents & they convicted us of marriage of inconvenience. I am sure they would have said the same thing to you in the refusal too.

It's horrible. I feel pain every day of my life thinking that because of my side the applications got refused. They didn't even pick up the telephone & ring for clarification. I hope the case worker who dealt with our applications gets stuck in a similar situation & realises what a big twat he or she is.

Regarding your case my friend you should correct the objections & make them clear in the next application.

Please consider the following before consulting the solicitor.

1. Make a new application again with the amendments as you can always make new applications any time even your visa has been out of date. You are legal in this country as long as you are married to a EEA national.

2. Apeal aswel on the other hand. If the apeal DESICION arrives in your favour before the second application is decided then sent the judgment to them & they will grant the visa.

3. If the apeal does not come in your favour you would already have the CoA to work & support the big blow to the pocket by appearing in the court.

Keep me updated as I am ready to help & stand by your side.

Together we can & we will refuse to be intemidated by UKBA like this.

I simply refuse to be intemidated by UKBA like this. Enough is enough.

I am also happy they are scrapping the UKBA.
One God we believe in.

A&A

Re: Eea

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Schastlivchik wrote:
A&A wrote:
A_D21 wrote:Got refused after waiting for more thn 6 months!!!

Going for appeal I guess..they kept my passport..

Sorry to hear about the refusal.

Please let know about the refusal. What are the basis of refusal & what went wrong.

We're you called for an interview & did you have a home visit by UKBA.

I am also waiting for more than 6 months & do not expect good news.

I hope you get the visa in the appeal.

Hi I am myself waiting for 10 month. Feels like there is no light in this tunnel. Why do you expect bad news is interview went wrong? I am just dreaming them invite us for interview , I though after you get visa very fast, am I wrong?
No the interview did not go bad. The man said we will have the RC in 7 days time.

It's been 4 weeks now. It's more painful to wait then to be rejected. Atleast we can make a fresh new application.

Anyways as they say hope for the best & prepare for the worst. You
Must be ready to make a fresh application.

Yes try to contact RoB & also the email addresses I have provided to another member is the waiting game conspiracy.

If we were allowed to sue UKBA I swear I would file case against them free of charge for mental & financial loss.
One God we believe in.

Schastlivchik
Newly Registered

Post by Schastlivchik » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 pm

A&A wrote:
Schastlivchik wrote:
A&A wrote:
A_D21 wrote:Got refused after waiting for more thn 6 months!!!

Going for appeal I guess..they kept my passport..

Please let know about the refusal. What are the basis of refusal & what went wrong.

Hi I am myself waiting for 10 month. Feels like there is no light in this tunnel. Why do you expect bad news is interview went wrong? I am just dreaming them invite us for interview , I though after you get visa very fast, am I wrong?
No the interview did not go bad. The man said we will have the RC in 7 days time.

It's been 4 weeks now. It's more painful to wait then to be rejected. Atleast we can make a fresh new application.

Yes try to contact RoB & also the email addresses I have provided to another member is the waiting game conspiracy.

If we were allowed to sue UKBA I swear I would file case against them free of charge for mental & financial loss.
Thank you very much for your reply , it is very important to feel you are not alone. I have my own business now finally making profit and we are seriously thinking of moving to Spain or France coz our business dosnt depend on uk anymore. And I am honestly sick of those unqualified lazy losers trying to make such a serious decisions on people lives.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi
I have 2 questions in my mind.
If someone get rejected, They send documents with passport or without passport?
And if u get right to appeal, then u must have to appear in court or u can send new application?

Waiting for reply

Regards

Mr. Ali

September 2012 Applicant

Post by Mr. Ali » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm

A&A wrote:How about any SEPT - OCT 2012 Applicaions
Hi A&A

I am September applicant. After the 6 months date i have done the following:

1. Complaint Solvit (No Answer So Far)
2. Spoke to Local MP (MP has written a letter to Home Office on my behalf, but MP said some time it takes 2 month to get a reply from Home Office).
3. Email Rob Whiteman (Got answer, apologies for delay your file is under active consideration)
4. Email Rob Whiteman again stating its 7 months now (Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your application remains under active consideration by my colleagues in Liverpool. They are aware of your wish for a prompt decision).

Just to remind everyone this board, I have been through this process already by the Irish Immigration and they have issued me a 5 year residence card under the same EU law.

I don't understand what sort of Developed Country is this?

driftkid

Post by driftkid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am

My wife's application was refused last april 18, after 4 moths of wait! My wife and my 2 daughters have EEA family Permit under Singh.( I am British who worked and lived with my Family in Italy for 7 years). We received the refusal letter last April 25 (exact date which the Family Permit), they told in letter "there are no evidence that me and my family lived in Italy before coming here", but I sent them the exact supporting documents I sent when my wife applied for EEA family permit. How come they gave us Family permit before, and now they refused us for RC? I sent them payslip, resident certificate, everything...

I just sent them a letter for reconsideration, I sent them back my supporting documents. b
But I'm thinking I need to appeal now because I don't know when I will receive any news from HO, does anyone have a idea how long it will take before I can get any answer from them? should I do the appeal now? by the way they only give us 10 business days to do the appeal.

I also sent an email to Mr.Rob and this is the answer
"Please note that Rob Whiteman is no longer the Chief Executive, and as indicated in my previous email, we are unfortunately unable to advise or assist in relation to the next steps for your application. I wish you luck with your appeal should you wish to pursue it"

How helpful :shock:

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 am

@ Driftkid I suppose you lodge your appeal immediately cos you're not sure if you will get quick decision on reconsideration. As long as you can provide your evidence you will definitely overturned their decision. Good luck.
@ A&A new application cannot be done when you have pending appeal, you can only appeal to buy time to get your ground for fresh application and when you submit new application you must withdraw your appeal otherwise your new application will be void and returned back to you.

@Sharingbuzz it depends on your current status at the time of refusal if you still have valid visa in other categories of residence your passport will be returned back to you but if your visa expired during the process you hardly get your passport back but you can only be lucky if your caseworker wish to return it to you. Your second question about appeal yes you can appeal and choose to do oral hearing or paper hearing it's your choice not compulsory to appear in court if you choose paper hearing. New application can be submitted however this will affect your appeal right, you can't have pending appeal and still submit fresh application if you do so you must withdraw your appeal right otherwise it will void fresh application I hope this info helps.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 am

shineangel wrote:@ Driftkid I suppose you lodge your appeal immediately cos you're not sure if you will get quick decision on reconsideration. As long as you can provide your evidence you will definitely overturned their decision. Good luck.
@ A&A new application cannot be done when you have pending appeal, you can only appeal to buy time to get your ground for fresh application and when you submit new application you must withdraw your appeal otherwise your new application will be void and returned back to you.

@Sharingbuzz it depends on your current status at the time of refusal if you still have valid visa in other categories of residence your passport will be returned back to you but if your visa expired during the process you hardly get your passport back but you can only be lucky if your caseworker wish to return it to you. Your second question about appeal yes you can appeal and choose to do oral hearing or paper hearing it's your choice not compulsory to appear in court if you choose paper hearing. New application can be submitted however this will affect your appeal right, you can't have pending appeal and still submit fresh application if you do so you must withdraw your appeal right otherwise it will void fresh application I hope this info helps.
Thabk you very much for ur answer...I really appreciate that.

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Has anyone got his RC after refuse and reapply ???

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:37 pm

alijawad786 wrote:
dcruz wrote:Guys atlast got my RC yesterday after waiting for 6 months.

could some one please tell when can i apply for EEA4 permanent residence,i know its after 5 years but i some one told me that i can apply after 3 years also is that true does any one knows exactly when can i apply my wife is Portuguese.
just a small search i did just google for u and it says on application form that u can apply after completion of 5 yrs of residence on the basis of EEA laws....i hope it helps...just a small answer...and my family member who are here too came in uk on 26th july 2008 are now gona apply in jul 2013 on completion of 5 yrs of reseidence....
hope u got the answer...bee cool u just got ur RC why so hurried...

Thanks for that info.

A&A

Post by A&A » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Schastlivchik wrote:
A&A wrote:
Schastlivchik wrote:
A&A wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply , it is very important to feel you are not alone. I have my own business now finally making profit and we are seriously thinking of moving to Spain or France coz our business dosnt depend on uk anymore. And I am honestly sick of those unqualified lazy losers trying to make such a serious decisions on people lives.
When it's our fault we don't get visa then it's their fault what is the punishment for them.
They must punish & sack the caseworker for playing with someones life like this.
That particular person should not be allowed in any government related jobs & should only pick leaves on the streets. Thats what they are qualified in only.

Why doesn't a UKBA staff member just die before refusing an application.

I am so happy they scrapped UKBA. A few Bunch of looters & sick lazy fat pigs made the whole system collaps.
One God we believe in.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 pm

@A&A scrapping ukba doesn't stop existing problems on ground same group of people who are working already continue same job at same place. What kind of changes you expect considering the applicants? obviously zero

A&A

Post by A&A » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 pm

shineangel wrote:@A&A scrapping ukba doesn't stop existing problems on ground same group of people who are working already continue same job at same place. What kind of changes you expect considering the applicants? obviously zero
True I agree with you. They should fire all the incompetent staff & recruit more suitable & efficient staff specially for EEAs.

Eventually they will have to grant the visa. It is by hook or by crook. So why delay it until the white hair appear on their head.

The worst part is there is no where to complaint.

I am seriously thinking to protest outside the ukba Liverpool office with all the people waiting for their cases.

What do you say are you up for it. Let's make a team & I'll hire more protestors to make a good large scene.
One God we believe in.

A&A

Post by A&A » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Mo2013 wrote:Has anyone got his RC after refuse and reapply ???
You might have to start a new post with this question. It's a good question as we also need an answer to this question.
One God we believe in.

A&A

Post by A&A » Wed May 01, 2013 12:03 am

shineangel wrote:@ Driftkid I suppose you lodge your appeal immediately cos you're not sure if you will get quick decision on reconsideration. As long as you can provide your evidence you will definitely overturned their decision. Good luck.

What are the chances that if one doesn't apply again or doesn't make an apeal they will be considered illegal & over stayer. As far as I know a non EEA family member is always legal in the uk as long as he or she is married to the EEA national.
Can the non EEA national keep on working even if the EEA Application has been refused.
One God we believe in.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed May 01, 2013 2:02 am

@ A&A you are absolutely free to reapply or appeal against decision to refuse rc but burden of proof lies on applicants and ukba decision based on balance of probability especially when they suspect marriage of convenience. If you are married to eu national and rc refused you are not allowed to work in the UK. You have little or no entitlement until you get your rc because no company will employ you without confirmation of residence you can't open bank account you can't obtain national insurance. You will be frustrated living in the UK without RC. The best is for us to make correction in our application and reapply if we don't have chance to win appeal or appeal if you are sure there's error of judgement on the part of ukba. Honestly I've seen lots of people with a very weak application and they expect miracle to happen, likewise some people have a very good application package but got refused in error such can easily overturned ukba decision because immigration judges are not biased with decision that's one good thing I noticed in this country. They always got told off by immigration judge.

A&A

Post by A&A » Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 am

shineangel wrote:@ A&A you are absolutely free to reapply or appeal against decision to refuse rc but burden of proof lies on applicants and ukba decision based on balance of probability especially when they suspect marriage of convenience. If you are married to eu national and rc refused you are not allowed to work in the UK. You have little or no entitlement until you get your rc because no company will employ you without confirmation of residence you can't open bank account you can't obtain national insurance. You will be frustrated living in the UK without RC. The best is for us to make correction in our application and reapply if we don't have chance to win appeal or appeal if you are sure there's error of judgement on the part of ukba. Honestly I've seen lots of people with a very weak application and they expect miracle to happen, likewise some people have a very good application package but got refused in error such can easily overturned ukba decision because immigration judges are not biased with decision that's one good thing I noticed in this country. They always got told off by immigration judge.
Well till now they have not replied to anything. We made several attempts to contact them. Now me & my husband have decided to change jobs & place where we are living. The good thing is that they still have not refused the application.

I am EEA national & it's about my husband. He has been here for 8 years now so he has a stable love in the uk with multiple bank accounts & can earn cash in hand if not employed. He has exceptional talents that keep the food table running.

What about if the application has been more than 6 moths with UKBA is he still allowed to work tough.

What about the time during the apeal is going on is he allowed to work.
One God we believe in.

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:23 pm

What's goin on guys??

A&A

Post by A&A » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Mo2013 wrote:What's goin on guys??
Waiting for the EEA from the incapacitated UKBA.
One God we believe in.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 am

A&A wrote:
Mo2013 wrote:What's goin on guys??
Waiting for the EEA from the incapacitated UKBA.
I am waiting from last 7 months.
Applied on 10 October 2012.
No clue, email sent to rob white man but no reply.
Has anyone recieved any response from rob white man and if yes then after how many days.
Plz guide me.

SaharaY
Newly Registered

Post by SaharaY » Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm

No news for us too, still waiting.

About Rob.W, we send him an e-mail the 30april and we had an answer the next morning from his Assistant Private secretary Sanaya Setna...

liucija
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by liucija » Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey,

Just want to update on my situation. applied for residence card 27th February 2012. so waiting 15 months now. did apllication ourselves. But getting solicitor involved now and if still nothing will be taking UKBA to high court. 17 weeks waiting now from SOLVIT who is still dealing.. going see MP third time tomorrow. Email Rob Whiteman second time and sent second complaint to UKBA. and also going to request subject access request.