ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Parents visit

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:59 am

Hi

I my parents wish to apply to visit the UK as a family visitor.

My father is a shop owner and rents his shop to a tenant so can provide a copy the lease and bank statements showing his financial situation. However my Mother is a housewife and the house, shop etc is all in my fathers name, she also does not have a bank account in her name. When we submit the documents required at the visa application centre, will it be ok that the documents we supply for her are my fathers financial supporting documents.

I cannot see any other way this can be done. Also does my father state in his application that my Mother is a dependant of his or does this only apply to children?

Many thanks

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Wed May 01, 2013 9:06 am

If they can show they operate as a couple dependent on each other then the return of one would mean the return of the other. Does your mother have other connections to her home country besides your father?

Financially the documents of one will suffice. If not you can always sponsor their finances. The key is to show they will both return home at the end of their stay.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:17 am

Hiya

Thanks for your reply. Yes my Mum is a citizen of Iran, she has her birth certifcate and passport. The only thing she cannot evidence is her finances as these are in my fathers hands.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Sorry another question relating to this application. My parents are from Iran but as there is no embassy they will have to travel to Turkey where we will get their applications submitted in Izmir. They will then stay in a hotel until such time the visas are granted. On the form it asks for their contact details during the application. As we cannot book a Hotel until we now when their appointment at the visa application centre will be, I really do not know what to do about filling in this section. I have contacted world bridge in Turkey who say they need to complete the application fully before submission and then changes cannot be made, but I cannot put down an address if I don't know that we will be there. Shall I put their home address in Iran as a contact address or an address of my Sister in Iran?

Please help as I would really like to get their applications submitted as soon as I can,

Many thanks