ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Joyous2013

Z18runway. Damanisshallo

Post by Joyous2013 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:47 pm

z18runway wrote:
Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons . Please help
Your timeline as-well please[/

Applied 31-08-12
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
ILR APPROVAL RECEIVED 25-04-13
BRP RECIEVED 26-04-13

csc123456
Newly Registered

10 years long residency ilr

Post by csc123456 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm

hi guys,did anyone apply for ilr long residency in march 2013?would like updates if any please..
i posted on 27 march 2013,acnowledment dated 2nd april 2013 ,biometrics dated 5th april 2013, biometrics submitted 20th april 2013.

sudhirbph

Re: 10 years long residency ilr

Post by sudhirbph » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm

csc123456 wrote:hi guys,did anyone apply for ilr long residency in march 2013?would like updates if any please..
i posted on 27 march 2013,acnowledment dated 2nd april 2013 ,biometrics dated 5th april 2013, biometrics submitted 20th april 2013.
sorry but...u have a long wait ahead...aug and july applicants are getting theirs now!! :? i applied in jan, biomet done in feb...nothin since then :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

z18runway

Re: Z18runway. Damanisshallo

Post by z18runway » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

Applied 31-08-12
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
BRP RECIEVED 26-04-13
Thanks

settlementnow
Newly Registered

ILR recieved

Post by settlementnow » Wed May 01, 2013 3:16 am

Dear All,

By the Grace of Allah Almighty. I had a good news on Monday from my solicitor that they have recieved my ILR approved......... Exactly 8 months. RELIEVED now.....

My solicitor sent two letters to HO about the status but no reply from them.

I contacted my MP in the month of 6 but the MP was not helpful at all and sent a letter to UKBA after 5 weeks of my requested. She put my wrong name. I have been calling to their office and always the voice mail. She is not getting my vote in coming election at all.

My timeline is

Application date : 24th August 2012.
Acknowledgement received from UKBA : 03 September 2013
Request of Biometric Enrolment received from UKBA : 23 October 2013
Biometric Enrolment : 25 October 2013
Passport received : 29 April 2013
BPR received : 30 April 2013

This forum has been great and helped me alot. Thanks everyone.

BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL WAITING APPLICANTS.

regards,

pisces_kid
Newly Registered

long waits

Post by pisces_kid » Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 am

This is my assumption

based on my previous experience with UKBA postal applications

I think if your visa was to be rejected, you will get result in less than half the time it usually takes to issue a visa..

previously when i applied for Tier 2, first time it took 5 weeks to get a rejection, i re-applied the same day and got my visa in 12 weeks.

so if you are waiting after 3 months for ILR, then you are going to get ur ILR granted :o :o (though it takes 6-8 months unfortunately)

only assumption based on my previous exp.

DB12

Application form

Post by DB12 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Damani,

as i have received approval on SET-0 10 years route & my wife received aprroval last week on FLR-M can you please let me know which application should i use to apply for her settlement?. is it SET-M?

My wife came to UK in June-2009 on PSW visa and she also completed 2 years as Tier-1 (HSMP)

i want to book an appointment to apply in peron. can you please suggest me what pages of immigration rules should i take with me so i can explain if somthing goes wrong.....

thank in advance for your Help.

DB12

mrgsingh

Re: ILR recieved

Post by mrgsingh » Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am

settlementnow wrote:Dear All,

By the Grace of Allah Almighty. I had a good news on Monday from my solicitor that they have recieved my ILR approved......... Exactly 8 months. RELIEVED now.....

I contacted my MP in the month of 6 but the MP was not helpful at all and sent a letter to UKBA after 5 weeks of my requested. She put my wrong name. I have been calling to their office and always the voice mail. She is not getting my vote in coming election at all.

My timeline is

regards,
This is a good news....I applied on the same day as well however haven't got back anything yet...........I have contacted UKBA quite a few times as well as MP however no help so far............Hopefully will receive my ILR soon....

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Application form

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 01, 2013 9:05 am

DB12 wrote:as i have received approval on SET-0 10 years route & my wife received aprroval last week on FLR-M can you please let me know which application should i use to apply for her settlement?. is it SET-M?

My wife came to UK in June-2009 on PSW visa and she also completed 2 years as Tier-1 (HSMP)

i want to book an appointment to apply in peron. can you please suggest me what pages of immigration rules should i take with me so i can explain if somthing goes wrong.....
AFAIK, If one qualifies for ILR through FLR(M) then SET(M) is the form. Good Luck...

Take the below only to let your CW know that the below doesn't applies to your wife as she's been on a route to settlement for the past 2 yrs. I know this is evident but CW not always have the same kind of experience or knowledge. I wish they had some Certification like IT Professionals.
STATEMENT OF CHANGES @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Can I apply using this form? wrote: You should use application form SET(M) if you:

currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;

have lived here for 2 years in this category; and

are still planning to live together (and are still married or in a civil partnership, if applicable).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

arp
Newly Registered

What is correct form to apply ?

Post by arp » Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am

Can anyone assist me on this Please.

I've received my ILR on long residency and and my spouse needs to apply for ILR as my dependent.
She is currently on Tier 1 (General) category and it is valid till end of this year. I used to be as as dependent on her T1 and I completed my 10 years during that.
What is the correct form she can apply for her ILR ?

Many thanks
ARP

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: What is correct form to apply ?

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 am

arp wrote:I've received my ILR on long residency and and my spouse needs to apply for ILR as my dependent.
She is currently on Tier 1 (General) category and it is valid till end of this year. I used to be as as dependent on her T1 and I completed my 10 years during that.
You've not mentioned any dates. However, reading this thread might help you find your answers.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

arp
Newly Registered

Post by arp » Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
arp wrote:I've received my ILR on long residency and and my spouse needs to apply for ILR as my dependent.
You've not mentioned any dates. However, reading this thread might help you find your answers.
Hi,
T1 is valid till 1st December 2013. She has been in country for 6 years (2 years on Student+ 2 years on PSW + 2 years on T1)

Thanks,
Asanka

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am

Congrats Settlementnow !!! .

I applied on 09 august , called ukba today , still " not yet completed "......wish all august applicants gets granted soon... as we all waiting over 9 months now.....!!!
mrgsingh wrote:
settlementnow wrote:Dear All,

My timeline is

regards,
This is a good news....I applied on the same day as well however haven't got back anything yet...........I have contacted UKBA quite a few times as well as MP however no help so far............Hopefully will receive my ILR soon....

Joyous2013

Re: Z18runway. Damanisshallo

Post by Joyous2013 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:19 pm

z18runway wrote:
Joyous2013 wrote:
z18runway wrote:

Applied 31-08-12
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
BRP RECIEVED 26-04-13
Thanks

Any thoughts guys?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Application form

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Damanisshallo wrote: I wish they had some Certification like IT Professionals.
Yeah but the problem is these rules are changing faster than the technology.. its hard to cope up with them. I think they should have some training sessions after every new release

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 pm

arp wrote:Can anyone assist me on this Please.

I've received my ILR on long residency and and my spouse needs to apply for ILR as my dependent.

Many thanks
ARP
I don't think she can apply for ILR..

1. She has to convert to Dependent on ILR using FLR(M) form and comes under new rules and wait for 5 years to get her ILR

2. She can continue to extend her visa on Tier 1 (general) Cat, until she is qualified for ILR in her own right..

Choice is yours depending on your personal circumstances

Cheers

essentialSalt

Re: long waits

Post by essentialSalt » Wed May 01, 2013 1:42 pm

pisces_kid wrote:This is my assumption

I think if your visa was to be rejected, you will get result in less than half the time it usually takes to issue a visa..

previously when i applied for Tier 2, first time it took 5 weeks to get a rejection, i re-applied the same day and got my visa in 12 weeks.

so if you are waiting after 3 months for ILR, then you are going to get ur ILR granted :o :o (though it takes 6-8 months unfortunately)

I don't want to add oil to the fire, but rejection is different from refusal. In terms of the priorities, we can't say. Depends on a team, workload and resources available. We can only speculate. The official statistics can be requested on whatdotheyknow. What you have to do is to specify the time-window and ask for progress as of today. You need to tell them exactly what you want to know without becoming aggressive, rude or mean.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 pm

settlementnow wrote: I contacted my MP in the month of 6 but the MP was not helpful at all and sent a letter to UKBA after 5 weeks of my requested. She put my wrong name. I have been calling to their office and always the voice mail. She is not getting my vote in coming election at all.

My timeline is

regards,
Congratulations. Now you can get on with your life.

Don't let me spoil your mood (this post is for those who are getting their MPs involved), but MPs have no obligation to help those who do not have the settlement status in the UK, do they? The MPs help applicants out of generosity, kindness and sense of duty (to everyone who lives in the area - doesn't matter whether they can vote or not).

If we contact MPs and if they are willing to make a phonecall or write a letter on your behalf, we should be grateful that they have taken their time to at least make an effort. They could have spent that time doing something else. It's just some people are so rude (and seem to believe that they are entitled).

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

ILR granted Letter from MP

Post by dhawalthakker » Wed May 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi ALL,

Just received an email from MP saying that my application is processed and permission to stay ILR.

applied on 9th August.

Thank you all for your great support and for keeping us all informed.

I am sure all July and August applicant can will get over the long hurdle very soon.

Thanks.

shindasoorma1
Newly Registered

ILR granted

Post by shindasoorma1 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I recieved my ILR today

My timeline is as under:
Applied: 01 Sept 2012
Biometrics letter: 30 Oct 2012
Biometrics done: 03 Nov 2012
ILR approved: 29 April 2013
Recieved BRP: 01 May 2013

I came to UK on a student visa in Sept 2012. Since then I have been studying in different colleges/Uni's etc. All the extensions were done on time, hence no gaps. In 2011 I joined a college in London to study MBA but left the college in Sept 2012 without getting the degree. I stopped attending the college after Sept 2012. By that time I had already applied for my ILR. It took exactly 6 months after I did my biometrics. I havent been to my country for last 7 years.
God is great and hopefully all the people waiting will get their ILR soon.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Lcj

phonecall

Post by Lcj » Wed May 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi All,

I called homeoffice this morning and the gentleman said case not yet completed but its with the case working team you have to continue to wait madam.

QUESTION:

WHAT DID HE MEAN AND HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT

pisces_kid
Newly Registered

Re: long waits

Post by pisces_kid » Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
pisces_kid wrote:This is my assumption

I don't want to add oil to the fire, but rejection is different from refusal. In terms of the priorities, we can't say. Depends on a team, workload and resources available. We can only speculate. The official statistics can be requested on whatdotheyknow. What you have to do is to specify the time-window and ask for progress as of today. You need to tell them exactly what you want to know without becoming aggressive, rude or mean.
As I said i was just assuming (trying to kill time)......my application has not past 6 months yet..i have already contacted rob whiteman who forwarded it to some team lead in case workers team and the reply was that my application is pending.
I have seen enough official statistics till date..no point in asking for same stuff over and over..they will take their time..thats the bottom line i guess.
just have to keep my hopes high. :?

Lcj

Re: phonecall

Post by Lcj » Wed May 01, 2013 7:25 pm

[quote="Lcj"]Hi All,

I called homeoffice this morning and the gentleman said case not yet completed but its with the case working team you have to continue to wait madam.

QUESTION:

WHAT DID HE MEAN AND HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT[/quote]

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

Post by dhawalthakker » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Once its with caseworker, it generally means your case should be completed within three weeks.

shazib1786

NATURALIZATION WITHIN 15 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF ILR APPLICA

Post by shazib1786 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 am

Hi can any one let me know the e mail or contact of UKBA where i can send request to confirm whether the peoples whose ILR delayed due to no fault of them can they apply Naturalization after 15 months of ILR Application Date.

Thanks Dhamanshallo i have read through your reply on previous post yes they say it can be a discretion to be exercised.
But just want to get a confirmation by the ukba reply so that we can print it and send with the application. i send two three e mail to inquires and further inquiries@ukba.gov.uk but no response.

if any one proven example who applied and got approved without waiting 12 months after ILR Granted plz share you experience ?

Also your opinion counts is it worth applying as most of solicitors are not agree they say you can loose fee its only possible after wait of an year