ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application rejected - caseworked overlooked evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

How many persons application was successful after review

Success
100%
Rejected
No votes

Total votes: 2

gumnam
Newly Registered

Application rejected - caseworked overlooked evidence

Post by gumnam » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:46 am

Hi,

My application was rejected in Mar2007.
My application was rejected because payslips were not stamped

I had submitted following proof of earnings

1. Original Tax returns (Form W2 ). This covers Jan2006 to Dec2006
2. Printout of payslip (I get electronic payslips). My employer had signed the payslips but they didnt stamp them because they dont have a stamp.
3. Original letter from employer on letterhead stating my salary and period of employment. (employed with them over 1 year)
4. Original bank statements - for entire 12 months

The sad part is that the caseworked overlooked additional evidence. I did not fill in anything in the HSMP form for exceptional treatment. I had guessed that the caseworked would have brains enough to look at all the evidence. But I guess they just need smallest of reasons to reject.

I plan to apply for review. I need help from people who have applied for review and find out if the review will actually make a difference.

Also I have a question. If I need to make a fresh application. I would need to show earning for 12 months period in previous 15 months. So if I make my fresh application in April 2007. I will have to show earnings from Feb 2006 to Feb 2007 or later. Now I wouldnt have tax returns for complete 12 months. I have income tax return for Jan2006 to Dec 2006. How will I show earnings for Jan2007 to Feb2007 ? I cant get the payslips stamped because my employer doesnt have a stamp. Dont know what to do ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

aasadr
Newly Registered

scandal

Post by aasadr » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 am

The home office is under fire for a big mess that they did for issuing many
passports to persons who were not PR (ILR) and had just put a fake seal on their passport, so they become too strict all of sudden.My case was also rejected with minor excuses.I have applied with review but I am sure I will fail. You can read on online slip post, my story, it is very similiar to this case.

gumnam
Newly Registered

Application approved after review

Post by gumnam » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:19 pm

Hi,

My application was approved after review. Review took less than a week because I also faxed them an urgent treatment form along with the review form. In the urgent treatment form I mentioned that I have a job offer with joining date of 15th April. I did not submit any proof of job offer.

You dont need to send any docs for review because they keep a copy of all docs that had been sent with the original application.

In the reply to the review HSMP people dont mention what they looked at in the review. So I dont know if they awareded me full points for previous earnings as in my original application or lesser points. I dont know if they called my company or logged onto the website to see the payslips. So I really dont know on what basis the review was approved.

The text of my review application is as follows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My application was rejected on grounds that the salary slips are signed but not stamped by employer. My employer does not have a stamp so they were unable to stamp it. My bank statements were not accepted because two deposits do not show the source. This was because when I joined the firm in Jan-2006, I received first two wages (Jan-2006 and Feb-2006) in cheque form because the automated payroll transfer to bank account took some time to setup. When I deposited the cheque in my account, the source is not shown on the bank statement. I had already mentioned this in my application.

I request to reconsider my application. You can verify the authenticity of the payslips and actual salary received in the following 2 ways:
1. By calling up my employer. The contact details of my employer and name of the person to contact appear on the letter from my employer which was already enclosed with the application. Please contact XXXXXXX at XXXXXXXXXX.
2. You can logon to the website where my electronic payslips appear. The website address is https://xxxxxx.com/. Click on Login button and login. My username is 'XXXXXXX’ (without quotes) and password is ‘XXXXXXX’ (without quotes, password is case-sensitive). Click on link for year 2006 (appears at bottom of page). You can then view the electronic forms of payslip for all months. Please note that this website is owned and operated by Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP). ADP is the payroll service provider for my employer and it is not possible for me to alter or create fake payslips on this website.

Please don’t consider this as new evidence. This is simply a way for you to verify the authenticity of already submitted evidence and a way to compare printout of payslips to electronic copies in absence of stamped and signed payslips. I have already submitted original tax returns which show how much I was paid by employer between Jan-2006 to Dec-2006. I hope this will convince you that my actual earnings between Jan-2006 and Dec-2006 are US $xxxxx as claimed on my application and award me 45 points for previous earnings.

Furthermore, if you still feel that you cannot take into account the two deposits in my bank account for Jan-2006 and Feb-2006 as salary, then after removing them from my earnings, my total earning amount to US $xxxxxx. This when converted to British Pounds equals GBP xxxxx (using the conversion rate of 0.51029 GBP per USD as on 29th December 2006). Based on HSMP guidance notes, this falls in 35,000+ band for ‘BAND A’ countries. If you award me 40 points based on this, I would still qualify for HSMP with a total of 85 points.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soumenpaul
Newly Registered

@ Gumnam

Post by soumenpaul » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:51 pm

thanks for your update..
getting some hope seeing ur review result..

Fingers crossed and quite tensed :(