ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fchowdhury1980
Newly Registered

ILR Got after 7 and half months waiting......

Post by fchowdhury1980 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 am

Alhamdullilah... I finally got my ILR after seven and half months waiting..javascript:emoticon :lol:. I didn't use any solicitor.. I been 9 years as student and 1 year as PSW.. I didn't call Home office after my six months waiting period.. Even i didn't contact any MP and didn't write any email or letters to home office... Because i know that these will be worthless... I just wait patiently and Everyday pray to my Allah to Get this ILR.... So, My advice to those who are waiting for there ILR is: PLEASE WAIT PAITIENTLY..javascript:emoticon :roll:.. In Sha Allah will give you a good news... I think home office is trying to clear the backlog... because they are on pressure after the channel 4 programme.. Any way my time line is following and i have also updated the two skydrives excel sheet which links are also below....

Skydrive 1: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... &app=Excel

Skydrive 2: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... a-tT9RW8pw

MY ILR TIMELINE:

Application Sent : 31/08/2012 (Friday)

Application Received by Home Office : 03/09/201212 (Monday) With Royal mail Special Delivery and confirmed by Royel mail "Track and Trace"

Payment Taken Out : 07/09/2012 (Friday) (Paid by Cheque - Checked By Online Banking)

Acknowledgement Letter Received : 07/09/2012 (Friday) (Letter Dated: 04/09/2012)

Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 17/11/2012 (Saterday) (Letter Dated: 14/11/2012)

Biometric Done : 19/11/2012 (Monday)

Passport & Documents Received : 26/04/2013 (Friday)(ILR Approval Letter Date: 24/04/2013(Wednesday))

BRP Missed On 26/04/2013 (Friday) ( Got DXSecure Card need to arrange Redeliver, Will be Redelivered on 30/04/2013)

Biometric Card Received: 30/04/2013 (Tuesday) (BRP Card Issued Date: 24/04/2013(Wednesday))

At last i would like to thanks to everybody who always share there views and give their valuable advices in this forum... and this forum is the best.... Before i got my ILR I always visit this forum.. Still i will visit this forum...

May Allah give the ILR very soon who are waiting for their decision... :lol:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: NATURALIZATION WITHIN 15 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF ILR APP

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 am

shazib1786 wrote:Hi can any one let me know the e mail or contact of UKBA where i can send request to confirm whether the peoples whose ILR delayed due to no fault of them can they apply Naturalization after 15 months of ILR Application Date.

You can try the below, but I cannot guarantee if they will respond.

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Joyous2013

Z18runway. Damanisshallo and other moderators

Post by Joyous2013 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 am

Joyous2013 wrote:
z18runway wrote:
Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons . Please help
Your timeline as-well please[/

Applied 31-08-12
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
ILR APPROVAL RECEIVED 25-04-13
BRP RECIEVED 26-04-13

Im desperate for your help moderators

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: ILR recieved

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am

essentialSalt wrote:
settlementnow wrote: I contacted my MP in the month of 6 but the MP was not helpful at all and sent a letter to UKBA after 5 weeks of my requested. She put my wrong name. I have been calling to their office and always the voice mail. She is not getting my vote in coming election at all.

My timeline is

Application date : 24th August 2012.
Acknowledgement received from UKBA : 03 September 2013
Request of Biometric Enrolment received from UKBA : 23 October 2013
Biometric Enrolment : 25 October 2013
Passport received : 29 April 2013
BPR received : 30 April 2013

This forum has been great and helped me alot. Thanks everyone.

BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL WAITING APPLICANTS.

regards,
Congratulations. Now you can get on with your life.

Don't let me spoil your mood (this post is for those who are getting their MPs involved), but MPs have no obligation to help those who do not have the settlement status in the UK, do they? The MPs help applicants out of generosity, kindness and sense of duty (to everyone who lives in the area - doesn't matter whether they can vote or not).

If we contact MPs and if they are willing to make a phonecall or write a letter on your behalf, we should be grateful that they have taken their time to at least make an effort. They could have spent that time doing something else. It's just some people are so rude (and seem to believe that they are entitled).

1. settlementfornow @ And Yes ofcourse we have every right not to vote for those MPs who didn't help us.... Is your MP from BNP or SNP party??... I mean Torries do that as well... because they are trying to buy in all those votes for BNP..anyways whatever that is..happy days for you now

2. essentialsalt @ yes they have no obligation to help us who are not settled yet. but once we are settled we are their potential vote bank...So they might as well help us now to keep our votes

3. Are we not eligible for human rights. (confiscating our passports for sooo long).... and if these MPs doesn't help, UKBA complaints department doesn't help, human rights don't get involved in these "silly" matters...Then whose going to help us... are we born to be punished and should we accept that

Lol ... take it easy guys..

Anyways...my wife's BRP card arrived yesterday... I mean I have a missed delivery card.. so I called them and went to depot today morning and collected it...

here is something new...we can collect the missed delivery from DX courier depot if there is one within your reach

will post you when docs arrive

R556

Post by R556 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 am

Hi guys,

I'm coming across with very strange situation, don't know what to do. I had 2 months shortfall to complete my full 10 years. I submitted initially FLRO application to cover up the shotfall. After completing my full10 years, I varied my original FLRO application with SETO, but they took my SETO application as a fresh application and case worker who was dealing my FLRO application asked me to withdraw one application so I withdrew my first FLRO application, but he sent me back my passport and other original documents which I submitted with my FLRO with confirmation that my FLRO application has been withdrawn and there is no advice in the letter that what should I do. I'll be very grateful if anyone can advice me. Shall I send my passport to SETO team with covering letter or just wait to hear from them. I enclosed the phostocopies of my passport, visas and academic documents plus life in UK test with my SETO (second application).

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Z18runway. Damanisshallo and other moderators

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Joyous2013 wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years basis on 25 April and the BRP on 26 April. I will be applying for FLR M for my husband who has been on a work permit dependent visa. He joined me in February 2012 together with my two step sons. The older son is now over 18 but the younger one is 14

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons.
For your younger one you can add him on to your husband's FLR(M). However, you might need a separate FLR(O) for the elder AFAIK
FLR(M) wrote:WHO MAY APPLY WITh YOU?
You may include children under the age of 18 if they are applying as your dependants. But they must pay the specified fee if they apply separately
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

NAVO
Newly Registered

Post by NAVO » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi All,

I've found this forum to be extremely useful, thanks to all moderators for keeping it alive!

I am a holder of ILR via 10 years route and my partner applied for FLR(M) in the end of April. He will be completing 10 years on his own in June 13 and would like to vary his appliation to settlement under 10 years once he qualifies.

Could anyone please let me know how to vary the original application? I've seen someone was trying to vary this application, but ended up with one application been withdrawn. Is there any form to fill in to request for variation of leave? Or any guidance on how to do that?

Your answers would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 pm

NAVO wrote:Hi All,

I've found this forum to be extremely useful, thanks to all moderators for keeping it alive!

I am a holder of ILR via 10 years route and my partner applied for FLR(M) in the end of April. He will be completing 10 years on his own in June 13 and would like to vary his appliation to settlement under 10 years once he qualifies.

Could anyone please let me know how to vary the original application? I've seen someone was trying to vary this application, but ended up with one application been withdrawn. Is there any form to fill in to request for variation of leave? Or any guidance on how to do that?

Read through Varying an application from page 33 onwards.
Skydrives, Templates

Joyous2013

Re: Z18runway. Damanisshallo and other moderators

Post by Joyous2013 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

However Im not sure which forms to use for the two sons.
For your younger one you can add him on to your husband's FLR(M). However, you might need a separate FLR(O) for the elder AFAIK
FLR(M) wrote:WHO MAY APPLY WITh YOU?
You may include children under the age of 18 if they are applying as your dependants. But they must pay the specified fee if they apply separately
Thanks for your response Damanisshallo. If you could also Confirm whether it is also possible to use SET F for my two step sons as Noted from the following link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... m04091.pdf.

Thanks for your help in advance

NAVO
Newly Registered

Post by NAVO » Thu May 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
NAVO wrote:Hi All,

Read through Varying an application from page 33 onwards.

Thanks for your kind reply, Damanisshallo.

Does this mean my partner needs to submit new form SET (LR) along with the change of circumstances form and payment for the difference in fees, and send all that to the following address (not the address stated on the application form)?

UK Border Agency
Change of circumstances form
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Would this be the correct procedure to follow?

RK001002
Newly Registered

waiting is over

Post by RK001002 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi All,

Alhamdulillah My wait is finally over after 8 months.

timeline:
applied 1st Sept 2012
Received confirmation 8th Sept 2012
BRP 15/16 Nov 2012
Approval 2nd May 2013
BRP waiting

I sent expedite emails, fax, posts to all ukba addresses (no response), email fax and post to MP who responded promptly however I think they took their time.

I also had a traffic conviction and was told not to apply by two solicitors and other two told me 'no visa no fee' will not apply to this case. Save your money and apply direct...
Thanks to everyone who contribute to this forum.
Next step is FLR(M) for wife...
Does anyone know how long is FLR(M) postal application taking these days?

Thanks again.
Last edited by RK001002 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Thu May 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Any news from the remaining Aug applicants?

I am still waiting. They did say it was assigned to a case team, but i called again today and "Your application is not complete, we cannot give you any further information."

Why is that?? One officer can tell me some info, other officer just back to original answer.

Many Thanks for all your help.

smshad

Received my Passport and documents today

Post by smshad » Thu May 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi everyone,
By the grace of Almighty Allah, I have received my passport and documents back today. UKBA used the same return envelope that I provided. DX courier has not attempted to deliver the Biometric card yet but I contacted them to find out about the expected delivery date and they have not received any thing from UKBA for me today.

Here is my timeline:
Applied on 13th August 2012
Acknowledgment letter received: 15th August, 2012
Biometric enrolled: 15th November, 2012
Passport and documents received: 02nd May, 2013
Biometric card: Waiting
Straight forward case: Student, Fresh Talent, Tier 1 General. I never overstayed, never applied after expiry of visa, no points, no convictions etc.

For those who have applied FLRM for spouse:
I also applied for my wife’s FLRM on February 2013 and Biometric already enrolled in February 2013, but it is strange that UKBA sent Biometric enrolment letter to my wife again today. Looks like that they have lost the earlier one but I think they are working on FLRM linked cases along with the main applicant.

Thanks,
Shad.

cy2012
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by cy2012 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Finally got my passports and BRP Card back. Hope you guys receive your ILR soon!

My timeline:
Application posted on: 4/Sep/2012
Biometric done: 17/Nov/2012
Passports and BRP card: 02/May/2013

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu May 02, 2013 11:50 pm

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Any news from the remaining Aug applicants?

I am still waiting. They did say it was assigned to a case team, but i called again today and "Your application is not complete, we cannot give you any further information."

Why is that?? One officer can tell me some info, other officer just back to original answer.

Many Thanks for all your help.
Wouldn't read too much into it. The case should have already been assigned to a case team because you have already got a case number in your biometric invitation letter. One really can't say, even an immigration lawyer can't say, how long a straightforward case takes.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Received my Passport and documents today

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am

smshad wrote:Hi everyone,
By the grace of Almighty Allah, I have received my passport and documents back today. UKBA used the same return envelope that I provided. DX courier has not attempted to deliver the Biometric card yet but I contacted them to find out about the expected delivery date and they have not received any thing from UKBA for me today.

Here is my timeline:
Applied on 13th August 2012
Acknowledgment letter received: 15th August, 2012
Biometric enrolled: 15th November, 2012
Passport and documents received: 02nd May, 2013
Biometric card: Waiting
Straight forward case: Student, Fresh Talent, Tier 1 General. I never overstayed, never applied after expiry of visa, no points, no convictions etc.

For those who have applied FLRM for spouse:
I also applied for my wife’s FLRM on February 2013 and Biometric already enrolled in February 2013, but it is strange that UKBA sent Biometric enrolment letter to my wife again today. Looks like that they have lost the earlier one but I think they are working on FLRM linked cases along with the main applicant.

Thanks,
Shad.
Hey man congrats..

It seems they have lost it...If I were you I would just give it for argument sake...I know its £19 quit...but there you go this is UKBA

don't worry by the looks of it ... FLR(M) waiting times are far better now.. and it is likely you will get it in 3 to 4 weeks time

congrats once again

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: waiting is over

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am

RK001002 wrote:Hi All,

Alhamdulillah My wait is finally over after 8 months.

timeline:
applied 1st Sept 2012
Received confirmation 8th Sept 2012
BRP 15/16 Nov 2012
Approval 2nd May 2013
BRP waiting

Next step is FLR(M) for wife...
Does anyone know how long is FLR(M) postal application taking these days?

Thanks again.
Get an appointment

however, the waiting times for FLR(M) are not bad these days... check the skydrives ... the link is on every post of Damanishallo

ebo1
Newly Registered

set(O)

Post by ebo1 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:42 am

I've been a silent reader of the forum especially last couple of months after my set(o) application past 6 months limit and found this forum very valuable. It's been almost 8 months since I applied this particular visa in September last year. I have sent compaint emails to Rob Whiteman (directed to UKBA's general complaint line) and local MP but do not seem to be getting any help from them.

I have called UKBA's 0870 number this morning to see if there is any progress on my application. You never get an answer from them unless your case has been completed/a decision has been made however, this morning lady on the line told me that they are currently dealing with September applications - but didn't give me any timeline as to when they will be completed.

Just to give you all an update.

adkh2_1

Naturalisation Question

Post by adkh2_1 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi All,

i got my ILR last week on 10 years basis after 7.5 months wait.... can i apply for British Passport on 15 months rule... or 28 days prior to completion of my 15 months since my application for ilr was made ?

Thanks All
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

essentialSalt

Re: set(O)

Post by essentialSalt » Fri May 03, 2013 5:17 pm

ebo1 wrote: I have called UKBA's 0870 number this morning to see if there is any progress on my application. You never get an answer from them unless your case has been completed/a decision has been made however, this morning lady on the line told me that they are currently dealing with September applications - but didn't give me any timeline as to when they will be completed.

Just to give you all an update.
I understand your frustration, but the customer service team can't tell you when you receive it and they seem to rely on the IT system to check the update on your application. They are the first point of contact and their job is to sort queries and pass those on to an appropriate team. In my case, when I called to ask for an update on my application, I was told that my application was still with them and I had to wait. My mailman in my building informed me that they received all the documents back on the same day I called.

The only effective way to remind the home office of your case is a letter from a MP, but still MPs cannot make the home office work any faster or do queue-jump. But letters from your MP can remind the home office that your case is still pending and needs their attention. It seems to be an effective reminder.

Remember David Blanket's nanny got a queue jump and he was really attacked by the press about that. It would question the integrity of the whole system and this could lead to the general public further mistrusting the public service.

Just remember that all applications are processed in the order of receipt wherever possible.

If a complex case is received, the case could be passed from junior case workers to senior ones (and repeating this process) and could take longer. But for the 10 year residence applications, the rules cannot be clearer and very black and white. So most cases do not have to follow that path. Applications based on human rights or compassionate grounds on the other hand could take longer for that reason.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Fri May 03, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

AMH

ILR granted

Post by AMH » Fri May 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Alhumdulillah, I'm delighted to say that ILR is approved.
Total timeline: 7.5mths
Application date:11Sep2012
Ack date: 13Sep2012
Bio: 15Sep
ILR approve date: 27APR2013 (So it means they are working even on Saturday)
ILR received: 03May2013
Bio card: waiting

Can someone kindly please update my timeline. This forum really helps me to be patient. I would also like to thank all of you for supporting eachother.
Hope everybody will receive the Good news shortly!!
7A8M6H

mmakhan

ILR granted

Post by mmakhan » Fri May 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Alhumdulillah, I have received my ilr today afternoon
applied on 6/09/2013
simple case, no gaps,no offence,no solicitor.
missed the BRP today as DX left a note to rearrange the delivery without even ringing my door bell.GREAT. nice tactics to earn money now have paid £6 for delivery on tuesday.
A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE.
have applied for my wife on 21/03/2013
submitted biometrics twice as the first one was not successfull .she has been here with me since 2008 psw and 3 year as a teir 1 dependent partner can i apply for her settlement using set m soon after receiving her flr m?

raf007
Newly Registered

Post by raf007 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Congratulation AMH and mmakhan.. you r freedom.....

I am reading this web side last 8 months as a regular basis, its really helpful. I applied tier-4 29th june as a student because I was shortage 2 months and 6 days to complete 10 years after that 7th of September I send another application for ILR 10 years long residence without passport. I got my passport back 8th January 2013 as a successful then I resent to Liverpool with my ILR reference. Still waiting..

Application date: 7th September 2012
ACK dare: 11th September 2012
Addition document send: 3rd October 2012 (ESOL original certificate)
BRP date: 9th November 2012
BRP done: 12th November 2012
PASSPORT send : 9th January 2013
ILR approval : WAITING

Please can you someone update this in SKY drive?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Fri May 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Congratulation AMH and mmakhan for getting your ILR. Good to hear that they are processing september applications as I'm one of sept applicant. Hopefully (inshallah) we'll be getting our ILR soon.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Fri May 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Good news has arrived. Yes...I have received my ILR today..........I applied SET (O)10 years long residence for myself and FLR (M) for my wife & children at the same time. I sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue)
Due to Bank Hol payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
Biometric letter : received on 23/10/12 (dated 20/10/12)
biometric done : 24/10/12
passport/bio card received : 03/05/2013 (both on the same day)

Now I'm waiting for my wife's & children's passports. They have sent me all my original documents back however not sure when will I receive other family members' passport as they don't have any other documents.
Has anybody been through same situation??