ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Parent - Practical guidance and where to apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz123

ILR for Parent - Practical guidance and where to apply

Post by xyz123 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:06 pm

hi

looking to get ILR for my mother who is widowed and lives alone in india. I am the only son. I have british passport.

I looked at the sticky post with ILR for parents / older dependant relatives. In the post there is a link to UKBA website which states "relative is wholly or substantially financially dependant on you". Can someone offer some practical guidance based on experience on how much money needs to be shown as being sent from here to there, for how long etc?

Secondly where can the application be made from? In the past there was an option to apply while she is in the UK but i seem to remeber that now "unless there is a change of circumstances" one has to apply from home country. But i cant find any confirmation either way.

thanks

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Fri May 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Does you Mom qualify under the new rules.

Application must be made from outside UK as per new rules.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 pm

anyone can help? to answer previous query, mom is not physically disabled.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm