ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 pm

mrgsingh wrote:I sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

Now I'm waiting for my wife's & children's passports. They have sent me all my original documents back however not sure when will I receive other family members' passport as they don't have any other documents.
Has anybody been through same situation??
Have you had your dependents bio-metrics submitted?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri May 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
mrgsingh wrote:I sent both applications at the same SET (O) address requesting them to make decision on my application first and then go to others as other applications are based on mine.

Now I'm waiting for my wife's & children's passports. They have sent me all my original documents back however not sure when will I receive other family members' passport as they don't have any other documents.
damanishallo, i think mrsingh has got his and his dependents bio-card

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

Hi All

I would like to take this opportunities to thank everyone on this forum, it has been a great help and really appreciate all of your time. My solicitor has received the approved documents.

List of documents sent:
- uni certificate
- all the part time work payslip
- cover letter
- travel record dated back 10 years, both my country and uk record.
- not sure if my solicitor wrote any complaint for me to speed up.

Good luck to all those who are still waiting. All the best for all our future.

temmyangel
Newly Registered

Post by temmyangel » Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 am

Congrats. Ur timelinepls

mkhan991
Newly Registered

Post by mkhan991 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Everybody
I have got good news...Got my approval letter this morning....it says BRP card will follow shortly.

This has been a fantastic forum....gave me strength everyday to survive through this long wait of 7.5 months.Thank you everybody who contributed to this forum
I never made any complaints to the UKBA nor tried to contact them...just been waiting with my fingers crossed.
Congratultion to everyone who have already received ILR and my prayers for those who are still waiting...trust me guys..the wait is worth it.

BTW can somebody plz update the skydrive and I will confirm again upon receiving the biometric card

Thanks

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

Yes..The bio-metrics have been submitted in Nov....

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Congratulations to everyone who's got their approvals lately. for sure the pace of processing has increased.

Month - Approvals
  • Jan - 14
    Feb - 14
    Mar - 34
    Apr - 52
    May - 9 (As of now)
Source: Skydrive
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Kallmay

Out of time application

Post by Kallmay » Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello I'm an August applicant. I am worried because I have a single gap of 15 days (out of time application). But according to page 23 5th stanza of Long Residence and Private Life " For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or ILR on the basis of long residence must not be on breach of the Immigration Rules, however for the purpose of the applications period of overstaying of 28 days or less on the date of the application will be disregarded." do you think I am considered in this rule? Any opinion please! And I hope if I fall on this rule my future caseworker know this rule. Thank you.

jaberdene

Re: Out of time application

Post by jaberdene » Sat May 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Kallmay wrote:Hello I'm an August applicant. I am worried because I have a single gap of 15 days (out of time application). But according to page 23 5th stanza of Long Residence and Private Life " For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or ILR on the basis of long residence must not be on breach of the Immigration Rules, however for the purpose of the applications period of overstaying of 28 days or less on the date of the application will be disregarded." do you think I am considered in this rule? Any opinion please! And I hope if I fall on this rule my future caseworker know this rule. Thank you.
see page 18 and 19 (example 1 and 2) of the rule. you are fine.

mat88
Newly Registered

Post by mat88 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi people, and the gurus.

In 2010, I applied for a PSW on 1st OCT 2010 (exactly 1 month before my leave expired on 31st OCT 2010). On 19th NOV 2010 my solicitor received a letter from the Home Office confirming that my application has been returned as invalid, as it was submitted on an out-of-date form, HO refunded the fees and everything. On 25th NOV 2010 my solicitor re-submitted the application with a cover letter to the HO explaining that it was their mistakes and that it took 6 weeks from the date the application was submitted for the HO to return the application as being invalid. Had this been dealt with faster, it would have been returned at a time when I was still able to submit an in-time application. So basically I became a 25 days overstayer. Eventually, after the second attempt, I got my PSW within few weeks.

QUESTION: Does this mean I have a gap in my 10 years lawful residence???

All answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 am

mat88 wrote:So basically I became a 25 days overstayer. Eventually, after the second attempt, I got my PSW within few weeks.

QUESTION: Does this mean I have a gap in my 10 years lawful residence
You should be fine. Technically you don't have a gap. However, even if this is considered as a gap, you should still be fine as per the below.
Guidance – Long residence and private life @ Page 18 wrote:Gap(s) in lawful residence
You may grant the application if an applicant:

 has short gaps in lawful residence through making previous applications out of time by no more than 28 calendar das, and

 meets all the other requirements for lawful residence.You can use your judgement and use discretion in cases where there may be exceptional reasons why a single application was made more than 28 days out of time.
Skydrives, Templates

temmyangel
Newly Registered

please help

Post by temmyangel » Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 am

Hi all. I have a friend that applied for long residence in Sept last year but just realised that he did not pay 8 month's tax in 2009.can this affect his application and what is the step to take.thanks[/i]

essentialSalt

Re: Out of time application

Post by essentialSalt » Sun May 05, 2013 10:47 am

Kallmay wrote:Hello I'm an August applicant. I am worried because I have a single gap of 15 days (out of time application). But according to page 23 5th stanza of Long Residence and Private Life " For applications made on or after 9 July 2012 an applicant applying for an extension of stay or ILR on the basis of long residence must not be on breach of the Immigration Rules, however for the purpose of the applications period of overstaying of 28 days or less on the date of the application will be disregarded." do you think I am considered in this rule? Any opinion please! And I hope if I fall on this rule my future caseworker know this rule. Thank you.
Either way, you should be getting their decision soon enough to find out. I think most August applicants on this forum have received their decisions already. But don't panic. It takes what it takes.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's got their approvals lately. for sure the pace of processing has increased.

Month - Approvals
  • Jan - 14
    Feb - 14
    Mar - 34
    Apr - 52
    May - 9 (As of now)
Source: Skydrive
Hopefully, they realised that the longer the application takes the more difficult it becomes for the home office to refuse or reject the application.

mat88
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by mat88 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 am

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: 07 SEPT 2012 (Friday)
Application received by HO: 10 SEPT 2012 (Monday)
Acknowledgement letter received: 11 SEPT 2012
Biometric invitation received: 15 NOV 2012
Biometric done: 19 NOV 2012
Contacted local MP: 02 APR 2013
(After almost 7.5 months wait) Have not heard any progress from her since
Compliant to Rob Whiteman: 23 APR 2013
Cc-ed to Mark Harper, Theresa May, HO Complaint Dept, Local MP

Got a reply from Milne Karen, presumably Mr Whiteman’s secretary, on the same day saying:
“Your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years residence was received on 10 September 2012. On behalf of the UK Border Agency I would like to apologise for the delay in dealing with your application. I am afraid that over the past 12 months the number of applications we have received has been higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking us longer than we would wish to process them. We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times. At this stage I cannot give a clear indication of when we will process your application but please be assured that we are doing everything possible to resolve it as swiftly as possible.I have copied this email to my colleagues in Liverpool so that they are aware of your concern.”

Diggiboyz
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline

Post by Diggiboyz » Sun May 05, 2013 3:03 pm

mat88 wrote:Here is my timeline:

Got a reply from Milne Karen, presumably Mr Whiteman’s secretary, on the same day saying:
“Your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years residence was received on 10 September 2012. On behalf of the UK Border Agency I would like to apologise for the delay in dealing with your application. I am afraid that over the past 12 months the number of applications we have received has been higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking us longer than we would wish to process them. We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times. At this stage I cannot give a clear indication of when we will process your application but please be assured that we are doing everything possible to resolve it as swiftly as possible.I have copied this email to my colleagues in Liverpool so that they are aware of your concern.”
I received the exact response. I contacted them last month. I also received a letter in post from Rob and from home office that I need to wait and there is nothing we can do.
I have to say Karen was quick to response. as my situation changed so i had to make contact. My job has moved to a different city, I asked her that I need my passport to apply for job before I get redundancy. She replied back by saying that your prospective employer can check the helpline for your visa status.
I just left it at that and didn't made any more contact.
Which employer these days have time to check your visa status. Either you have a visa when you apply or carry on....

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sun May 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Diggiboyz wrote:

I received the exact response. I contacted them last month. I also received a letter in post from Rob and from home office that I need to wait and there is nothing we can do.
I have to say Karen was quick to response. as my situation changed so i had to make contact. My job has moved to a different city, I asked her that I need my passport to apply for job before I get redundancy. She replied back by saying that your prospective employer can check the helpline for your visa status.
Which employer these days have time to check your visa status. Either you have a visa when you apply or carry on....
I have been there. I lost one permanent job offer while waiting for the visa. But you can't do anything about it. Now that I have the proper visa, I began to look for work in the field I have always wanted to work in and hopefully I can find something before the summer. I feel somewhat optimistic even though the field I am in is a super-competitive industry and it is difficult for anyone, let alone non-UK nationals, to get a job.

The thing to remember is that not all employers are alike. Some employers are more compassionate while others won't even look at your application because you don't have your UK passport. This is largely to do with them having offices on the continent and it would make more sense for them to hire EU nationals who can freely travel and work on the continent (and here). Some UK employers are willing to go through the employer checking services.

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:38 pm

The skydrive is messed up again. All pending applications and timelines are gone except for the completed one. It was quite helpful to follow the number of weeks I submitted mine etc.
@Dama.. would it be possible to have it as it was before?

Thank you and good luck everyone

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sun May 05, 2013 6:09 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
Diggiboyz wrote:

I have been there. I lost one permanent job offer while waiting for the visa. But you can't do anything about it. Now that I have the proper visa, I began to look for work in the field I have always wanted to work in and hopefully I can find something before the summer. I feel somewhat optimistic even though the field I am in is a super-competitive industry and it is difficult for anyone, let alone non-UK nationals, to get a job.

The thing to remember is that not all employers are alike. Some employers are more compassionate while others won't even look at your application because you don't have your UK passport. This is largely to do with them having offices on the continent and it would make more sense for them to hire EU nationals who can freely travel and work on the continent (and here). Some UK employers are willing to go through the employer checking services.
Just to add a few things here. In terms of getting a job, once you have the visa, you will be more confident and do better in interview. Before getting the visa, I was constantly thinking I had to do better than all those people, better by miles to get this job because the employer had to do extra paper work. I think I was so tense and appeared too eager and desperate. Now with the visa I think I still have to do better than others (and EU candidates), but the desperation is gone. I am more confident and think although I don't have an EU passport, I have a lot more to offer than EU nationals with a degree or two. I feel no need to over-power other candidates.

Irina_N
Newly Registered

Post by Irina_N » Sun May 05, 2013 6:16 pm

I received my passport this Friday after 8.5 months of waiting!

Application sent: 14 AUG 2012
Application letter dated: 20 AUG 2012
Biometric invitation dated: 05 OCT 2012
Biometric done: 11 OCT 2012
ILR granted: 02 MAY 2013
Passport received: 03 MAY 2013
BRP received: awaiting

On Monday 15th of April I phoned UKBA and emailed my local MP, who contacted them the same day. I believe that contacting MP has helped a lot. After my phone call and when reading the reply from MP two weeks ago I had a very strong feeling that my case had not even been allocated to a case worker then.

Back in August with my application for ILR I submitted an application for my daughter on a SET(O) form. She was applying as a child of ILR holder, i.e. me. In the covering letter I asked to consider my daughter's application only after my case is desided. (Her visa was due to expire in August 2012, so I could not wait longer. Before applying I consulted UKBA by phone).

Does anyone have any idea when should I expect my daughter's passport? I would very much appreciate your help, guys.

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general (ILR Processing time) SET 0

Post by ahtesham4all » Sun May 05, 2013 10:07 pm

I received my passport this Friday after 7.5 months of waiting after my mp has sent the letter twice to mark harper.

Application sent: 22 SEP 2012
Application letter dated: 25 SEP 2012
Biometric invitation dated: 29 NOV 2012
Biometric done: 04 DEC 2012
ILR granted: 01 MAY 2013
Passport received: 03 MAY 2013
BRP received: Personal delivery from home office 03MAY 2013.

I hope you also get the ILR sson whoever waiting eagerly.

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwoo » Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm

I have finally received my passports and document after 10 months waiting. It is a rejection. The reason being back in 2002 when I was 13, the boarder agency failed to put stamps on my passport. Although I have provide evidence of my flight details, flight receipts, school letter, school fees, etc. They also said they found no evidence I was in the country in the provide information...

I was told on the letter that I am not allowed to appeal as they think I simply not qualify in the 10 years criteria. I have now been in the UK for 11 years. I feel this is unfair that the boarder agency at the time failed to provide the stamps I needed to enter UK and they also failed on keeping a record of who is in and out of the country.

I am considering a complaint whereas I have no hopes that's gonna change the decision. Please advise.

My timeline as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
Docs received: 30/4/2013 (rejected)

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon May 06, 2013 3:06 pm

kevinwoo wrote:I am considering a complaint whereas I have no hopes that's gonna change the decision. Please advise.
See if this can be of any help.
UKBA eBorders wrote:The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Skydrives, Templates

Izno

Post by Izno » Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi,

I applied on the 09 August , called last friday..still " not completed "...so frustating...

any other August applicants still awaiting decision ?

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Any news from the remaining Aug applicants?

I am still waiting. They did say it was assigned to a case team, but i called again today and "Your application is not complete, we cannot give you any further information."

Why is that?? One officer can tell me some info, other officer just back to original answer.

Many Thanks for all your help.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 pm

kevinwoo wrote:I have finally received my passports and document after 10 months waiting. It is a rejection. The reason being back in 2002 when I was 13, the boarder agency failed to put stamps on my passport. Although I have provide evidence of my flight details, flight receipts, school letter, school fees, etc. They also said they found no evidence I was in the country in the provide information...

I was told on the letter that I am not allowed to appeal as they think I simply not qualify in the 10 years criteria. I have now been in the UK for 11 years. I feel this is unfair that the boarder agency at the time failed to provide the stamps I needed to enter UK and they also failed on keeping a record of who is in and out of the country.

I am considering a complaint whereas I have no hopes that's gonna change the decision. Please advise.

My timeline as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
Docs received: 30/4/2013 (rejected)
Hi please if you provide full detail , on which status u was, what option they gave u, either you was more than required time out of country, just stamp not make sense to reject , please if you can update will be great.