ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Refused - please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Refused - please help

Post by Rituyadav » Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 am

My application was rejected recently, saying that the job type my employer chose was not of NVQ6 and was of NVQ4. However I have got the points for salary. My job description includes more tasks of a NVQ6 than NVQ4. But because we are a small company My ceo chose the job type which was closer to the job title and not the job role as she was worried about the salary. Also in the old Codes of practice it doesnt clearly mention that job of a Office manager is of NVQ4.
I have appealed with my Ceo's letter explainig the shortage of time, accepting her mistake and how important is my employment with the (becoz of which applied for the Sponsorship Licence in first place). I have also sent my employment contract which clearly states my job duties which include more of a Business Development Manager (NVQ6).

Could somebody please guide me on my situation?
What else can I support my case with at the hearing?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General Refused - please help

Post by makky86 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Rituyadav wrote:My application was rejected recently, saying that the job type my employer chose was not of NVQ6 and was of NVQ4. However I have got the points for salary. My job description includes more tasks of a NVQ6 than NVQ4. But because we are a small company My ceo chose the job type which was closer to the job title and not the job role as she was worried about the salary. Also in the old Codes of practice it doesnt clearly mention that job of a Office manager is of NVQ4.
I have appealed with my Ceo's letter explainig the shortage of time, accepting her mistake and how important is my employment with the (becoz of which applied for the Sponsorship Licence in first place). I have also sent my employment contract which clearly states my job duties which include more of a Business Development Manager (NVQ6).

What else can I support my case with at the hearing?
I think you should have done your home work before your boss issues you COS. Anyways now you have appealed so just wait and watch.

Even if your job duties are of NQF6 but the SOC Code is NQF4 still your application will be refused. You must choose the SOC Code of Level 6.

If you still have time on your current leave then I would ask my employer re-assign COS with level 6 SOC Code and re apply.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Post by Rituyadav » Fri May 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, My Leave has already expired. I wonder If we would be able to use the evidential Flexibility Policy. As the UKBA Visitor to our company for the Sponsorship licence did check all our papers and this is mentioned by my ceo as well in the letter. In the certificate application as well she did add my duties which were of NVQ6.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Rituyadav wrote:Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, My Leave has already expired. I wonder If we would be able to use the evidential Flexibility Policy. As the UKBA Visitor to our company for the Sponsorship licence did check all our papers and this is mentioned by my ceo as well in the letter. In the certificate application as well she did add my duties which were of NVQ6.
Sorry to hear that.

This has nothing to do with the Sponsor License as it is a mistake by your employer.

I am not sure how the appeal works in this scenario probably seek help from Immigration Experts.

You can try ICS Legal they are quite good at helping.

http://icslegal.com/index.php
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Freeman78

Post by Freeman78 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Rituyadav wrote:Thank you for your reply.
if you can, Ask your employer for a new COS with appropriate level and send a new application as soon as possible regardless of your previous leave expiry.

I hope that helps.
Regards

safdarali
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General- Lost a job but got offer from other company

Post by safdarali » Sat May 04, 2013 10:01 pm

javascript:emoticon(':?:')

I lost my job which was Teir 2 sponsored on 30th April but on 3rd of May (yesterdays) I got new job offer.
I am not sure if my previous employer has withdrawn my CoS or not.

What should I do to get my new CoS.