ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required please urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blay1

Help required please urgent

Post by blay1 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi
I am asking on behalf of a friend. He is going to qualify for ILR on july 18 this year, but only last week he was told he is no longer required for his post at the end of August. can he still apply for the ILR in july. Because he is required to get a letter from his employers stating he is needed until further notice, in this case he cannot get that letter. Any ideas as to what he can do will be really appreciated. Thanks :oops:

Emrah

Re: Help required please urgent

Post by Emrah » Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm

blay1 wrote:Hi
I am asking on behalf of a friend. He is going to qualify for ILR on july 18 this year, but only last week he was told he is no longer required for his post at the end of August. can he still apply for the ILR in july. Because he is required to get a letter from his employers stating he is needed until further notice, in this case he cannot get that letter. Any ideas as to what he can do will be really appreciated. Thanks :oops:
when is his visa runs out?

He can apply 28 days before his visa runs out.

blay1

Post by blay1 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Emrah wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
His visa runs out next year August. The 28 days before his ILR is on the july 18 which is the earliars he can apply. What bothers me is the letter that he needs to get from his employer is now the issue,or do you think he can apply without this letter.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 pm

blay1 wrote:
Emrah wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
His visa runs out next year August. The 28 days before his ILR is on the july 18 which is the earliars he can apply. What bothers me is the letter that he needs to get from his employer is now the issue,or do you think he can apply without this letter.

Under which route is he applying? is it HSMP/Tier 1 general or WP /ICT .You need to liase with your friend to get the information so that an informed suggestions could be provided.
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

blay1

Post by blay1 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm

onabanjo wrote:
blay1 wrote:
Emrah wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Under which route is he applying? is it HSMP/Tier 1 general or WP /ICT .You need to liase with your friend to get the information so that an informed suggestions could be provided.
He is on Tier 2 as a teacher of maths

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 am

Literally your friend can still apply and get his or her ILR. Because your friend is still needed for some time after his or her visa expires or after ILR application? Seniors can advise.
There was someone who lost his job before ILR application and got his ILR, but he was on Tier 1

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am

Unlike Tier2 applicants, Tier 1 applicants are not required to be employed at the time of their ILR application. The reason being, T2 is an employer sponsored immigration category and T1 is not.

According to the rules, if applying as a T2 applicant, then you require a letter stating the following:
- still required for the employment in question, and
- the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment
- Your current rate of pay
- confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job

I have however seen some applicants (not many) on this forum, post successful experiences where they were unable to get an employer letter in the precise standard format. You may want to search this forum further to see whether there are those who were successful without the "foreseeable future" clause as well. IMO, it will be a risk if you do not have the information above stated in your letter.

black7

Post by black7 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Best is that your friend speak to his employer and explain his circumstance... may be his employer might agree to provide the letter as he will still be in employment for next 12 days... a long shot but may very well work out

Regards