ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 licence processing time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hopeforall9
Mood:

tier 2 licence processing time

Post by hopeforall9 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:30 am

Hello

My company is currently in the process of getting all the relevant documents together to submit their application for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence, which will be submitted this month. Does anyone have any idea how long the approval process takes? My visa (PSW) expires in February, so I am hoping that we are able to get the licence by September so I can make an application no later than November. But I am wondering if that is just wishful thinking. Any ideas on how long this process currently takes?

Thank you

damnmad
Australia

Re: tier 2 licence processing time

Post by damnmad » Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 am

hopeforall9 wrote:Hello

My company is currently in the process of getting all the relevant documents together to submit their application for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence, which will be submitted this month. Does anyone have any idea how long the approval process takes? My visa (PSW) expires in February, so I am hoping that we are able to get the licence by September so I can make an application no later than November. But I am wondering if that is just wishful thinking. Any ideas on how long this process currently takes?

Thank you
It usually takes 4-6 weeks. But it might take bit longer depending on your employer and many circumstances.
Never mind!!!

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Fri May 03, 2013 7:03 am

90 % it's done in 4-6 weeks if all the paperwork are fine from ur company side. If they think they want further check they may visit ur company and interview ur sponsoror. And this may take Upto 6 month to get licences.

modernwillow
Newly Registered

Post by modernwillow » Fri May 03, 2013 10:35 am

on their web it says 65% of the application will be dealt with in 4-6 weeks, however I have been waiting for 4+ months for the result :x

bunty245

tier 2 sponcer liecence processing time

Post by bunty245 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 am

hello my psw going to expires on 29/06/2013 and my cmpny going to apply for sponcer liecence around 15/5/2013 thts this pls suggest me is tht right time to take risk pls tell me what to do

kneehigh
Newly Registered

Post by kneehigh » Tue May 07, 2013 1:48 pm

my company just did it and it took them around 2.5 months

maxoizs

Re: tier 2 sponcer liecence processing time

Post by maxoizs » Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 pm

[quote="bunty245"]hello my psw going to expires on 29/06/2013 and my cmpny going to apply for sponcer liecence around 15/5/2013 thts this pls suggest me is tht right time to take risk pls tell me what to do[/quote]

"As I read here before "
usually they can ask for priority service stating your situation and your visa end date, otherwise you have to leave

MaximusNostramus
Newly Registered

Post by MaximusNostramus » Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Guys, rule of thumb is 3 weeks to 3 months. However policy guidance also suggests that if all documents requested by UKBA are submitted to them in accordance to their requirement, the sponorship licence arrives early and in time scale of [4-6 weeks; 90% of applications are dealt with]. The only reason sponsor licence is delayed if there is a document missing and UKBA is corresponding with the company regarding this.

I am myself in this situation; Can I also suggest if you are getting close to time, talk to your employer and ask them to call UKBA sponsor helpline and pursuade UKBA to take priority over their sponsor application.

* I have read so many similar posts and I am so disappointed to know that UKBA is totally incapable of managing its own set of rules and regulations. Not only it is affecting genuine workers like us but also British employers who are willingly wanting to hire workers who they trust will deliver value and merit to their organisation.

ozgemis
Newly Registered

Re: tier 2 licence processing time

Post by ozgemis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 am

Hi All,

I applied to a company in UK and they will need to sponsor me as well, however they are not even registered to homeoffice. What I know is:

1) company has to register
2)company has to get a sponsorship licence (or does this already mean no.1 ?))
3) company has to apply for CoS (Certificate of Sponsorhip)
4)I take the CoS and apply for a visa with all other documents

Is that correct? If so what are the processing times for each step? If not (I hope I am mistaken) what is the real procedure for it?

I am a bit hesitant that this will discourage the company that I am planning to work with and actually it is going pretty good so far. However, I am not sure if any company would wait for an employee 6-7 months to hire :/

So how does it work for a company who never dealt with stuff before, and starting this from 0? Any idea is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.