ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any 2009 Citizenship Applications still waiting too ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sat May 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Still waiting, over 4 years now. So heartbreaking. Keep getting the same copy and paste response from the INIS office.

Is anyone else waiting this long ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 pm

LouDublin wrote:Still waiting, over 4 years now. So heartbreaking. Keep getting the same copy and paste response from the INIS office.

Is anyone else waiting this long ?
Ok, I hope you know that the possibility of the long waiting is your husband's immigration offense. His immigration offense was spotted on his PULSE record.

You must know that regardless how minor or serious one's offense can be, if anything was spotted on the PULSE record, it must delay one's application because of the process.

Now the reason I think your husband's case has taking that long is because of an investigation regarding his offense and I believe the UK authorities have been contacted regarding this.

The theory is if GARDA investigation in Ireland could take up to 2 years, the UK authorities could take much longer, and immigration offense is something that is deeply investigated to know if one's is fit to be given an Irish Citizenship. With that said, they take their relation with the UK very seriously as you've said yourself.

Give INIS a ring next Tuesday as it is better than just emailing them.

Don't be disheartened by all this and the wait, just hope it'll worth his while real soon :)
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Now I see the reason why his application is taking soo long. His case is really complex!.
How have you decided that his application is "really complex"? His attempt to enter the UK and subsequent refusal do not make this a "really complex" case.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Ok, I hope you know that the possibility of the long waiting is your husband's immigration offense. His immigration offense was spotted on his PULSE record.
You know no such thing! You are merely offering your interpretation of her case without knowing all of the facts. You should be more careful in your use of language when responding to a question like this as your intimation is that your response is fact rather than your guess about a case about which you only know the bare bones facts.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:You must know that regardless how minor or serious one's offense can be, if anything was spotted on the PULSE record, it must delay one's application because of the process.
Again - twaddle! The applicant applied in 2009 so it's a lot more likely that his application is sitting in the backlog of applications from those bad years of the mid 2000's. It's good news that he has finally received a letter from Immigration which means his application is progressing.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Now the reason I think your husband's case has taking that long is because of an investigation regarding his offense and I believe the UK authorities have been contacted regarding this. The theory is if GARDA investigation in Ireland could take up to 2 years, the UK authorities could take much longer, and immigration offense is something that is deeply investigated to know if one's is fit to be given an Irish Citizenship. With that said, they take their relation with the UK very seriously as you've said yourself.
This is pure speculation on your part. The police checks in Ireland can take a long period of time (previously up to 6-/9 months) but it's not a police check alone that's delayed this application. UK checks are processed much faster, and would not be checked with UK police, rather UK Border Control.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed May 08, 2013 12:14 pm

scrudu wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Now I see the reason why his application is taking soo long. His case is really complex!.
scrudu wrote:How have you decided that his application is "really complex"? His attempt to enter the UK and subsequent refusal do not make this a "really complex" case.
Yes it does make it complex!. I know so many complex cases and this is one of them. I am being very straight here as I dont want to write an in-depth of it nor try and teach you about the Citizenship process in Ireland. Last government may have even refused his application based on his immigration offense as they dont investigate deeply as to why there is such an offense and the outcome of it Quote:"ALAN SHATTER". Thats why 950euro fee was introduced, to help tackle the backlog and the likes of this case. Again I can write an in-depth of everything I've commented upon, but I wish not to lecture you about the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration System. I know if an INIS staff member is telling you that, you'll simply nod your head with great belief, but being that I am "simply" a user on this forum you'll have all the rights to question my comments. You dont know who I really am or what I do.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Ok, I hope you know that the possibility of the long waiting is your husband's immigration offense. His immigration offense was spotted on his PULSE record.
scrudu wrote:You know no such thing! You are merely offering your interpretation of her case without knowing all of the facts. You should be more careful in your use of language when responding to a question like this as your intimation is that your response is fact rather than your guess about a case about which you only know the bare bones facts.
I do no such thing! I know for a fact that offenses are spotted on a PULSE record. I also know for a fact that UK and Ireland share the same immigration records and the OP's record could be easily spotted. Having said all these, I never stated to the OP that what I said was a fact, but interpreting the closest possible way as to why his application is being delayed.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:You must know that regardless how minor or serious one's offense can be, if anything was spotted on the PULSE record, it must delay one's application because of the process.
scrudu wrote:Again - twaddle! The applicant applied in 2009 so it's a lot more likely that his application is sitting in the backlog of applications from those bad years of the mid 2000's. It's good news that he has finally received a letter from Immigration which means his application is progressing.
Im glad that you mentioned twaddle cos you're full of it!. As I've said to the OP and thats a fact "regardless how minor or serious one's offense can be, if anything was spotted on the PULSE record, it must delay one's application because of the process" FACT!. Given that your reason was about the backlog in 2009 is just absurd. the INIS is far from that backlog as of now!
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Now the reason I think your husband's case has taking that long is because of an investigation regarding his offense and I believe the UK authorities have been contacted regarding this. The theory is if GARDA investigation in Ireland could take up to 2 years, the UK authorities could take much longer, and immigration offense is something that is deeply investigated to know if one's is fit to be given an Irish Citizenship. With that said, they take their relation with the UK very seriously as you've said yourself.
scrudu wrote:This is pure speculation on your part. The police checks in Ireland can take a long period of time (previously up to 6-/9 months) but it's not a police check alone that's delayed this application. UK checks are processed much faster, and would not be checked with UK police, rather UK Border Control.
Thats why I used the terms Theory. Seems like you cant read properly. Having read all your comments, it became obvious to me that you have no clue about how the citizenship vetting system works with the Gardai and yet you have the audacity to comment silly about it.

I have said this to the likes of you. I am not here to talk about my personal or professional life, but I have worked closely with INIS and citizenship applicants!. And finally @scrudu, you're should know better by now. If you have anything to say at all or advice, please say it to the OP and not to me. I dont deal with people like you that spout nonsensical comments just for the sake of it!. You are clueless about Irish Naturalisation and Immigration System and not so far as gave one good reason as to why his application is being delayed but blamed it on the 2009 backlog which I guess you heard from the media or someone.

You should try and pass on somethings that you are clueless about, not try and tackle the commenter simply because you can! And I dont wanna go on about this because I know the likes of you would love to. I am done lecturing you about Irish Naturalisation and Immigration System.

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Finally a step forward with my husbands application. We got a letter two weeks ago requesting proof of residence for the last 3 years. We sent back the necessary documents and we got a letter back stating documents received.

So we are hoping it is closer to the end and we will receive good news soon. :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:49 pm

LouDublin wrote:Finally a step forward with my husbands application. We got a letter two weeks ago requesting proof of residence for the last 3 years. We sent back the necessary documents and we got a letter back stating documents received.

To my knowledge this means that your application is at the advanced stage now. Best of luck

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:32 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"]
To my knowledge this means that your application is at the advanced stage now. Best of luck[/quote]

Thank you for all your help and good wishes.

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:26 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
LouDublin wrote:Finally a step forward with my husbands application. We got a letter two weeks ago requesting proof of residence for the last 3 years. We sent back the necessary documents and we got a letter back stating documents received.

To my knowledge this means that your application is at the advanced stage now. Best of luck
hi everyone.
few weeks ago i received a letter from citizenship office and i was asked for few documents which i sent on same day but i have not get acknowledgment reply...i check online through register post tracking system its showed , my letter received by ....
should i worry about this or ......its happened with someone else...?

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm

i had the same situation few weeks back ,i forwd required documents but i have not recieved acknowledgment letter ....
i checked online through tracking system ..it was deliver on next day and signed by someone....wat should i do .......?any advise ....../.?

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Have you tried to contact them ? Maybe email and ask for acknowledgement that they received your documents.

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Great news. After over 4+ (applied April 2009) very long years of waiting, my husband finally received the decision. He has been granted Irish Citizenship. :) The relief and happiness is overwhelming. Letter received August 7th 2013.

Thank you to IntegratedMigrant and others on this forum for your support. And to those still waiting, don't give up, it is worth it in the end. :D

Soco

Post by Soco » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:48 am

Congratulation.... really happy for you

LouDublin
Newly Registered

Post by LouDublin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you Soco :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 pm

LouDublin wrote:Great news. After over 4+ (applied April 2009) very long years of waiting, my husband finally received the decision. He has been granted Irish Citizenship. :) The relief and happiness is overwhelming. Letter received August 7th 2013.

Thank you to IntegratedMigrant and others on this forum for your support. And to those still waiting, don't give up, it is worth it in the end. :D
All the best. :D