ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 am

Sirdi,

Did you ask them whether they've made a decision?

Sometimes they just copy your documents and send originals back without taking a decision.

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

Congrats samriti2u!

Either option would still lead you to the same customer service people.

And no, my application has not been completed yet. Please continue to wait. That's what I heard a few minutes ago.

samriti2u wrote:Hi All,

I have a news to share. Just spoke to the UKBA adviser and they've taken a decision on my application and the packet is on its way through Royal Mail.

They've given me tracking number but I can't track as "Royal Mail Signed For items are only tracked after the item has been delivered".

Hopefully it'll be delivered by tomorrow.
I'll let you know the outcome of 7 moths wait.

Gmx: I think your application would have been approved as your timelines are same as mine. Did you call them.Also, the options have changed press 3 for status update not 4 for General queries.

Cheers!

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am

No, I didn't.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 11:53 am

Sirdi: Please call them again and ask for it or you can wait until you receive the packet.

Gmx: Sorry to hear that.Hopefully, they'll approve it in a week or two.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 12:12 pm

samriti2u wrote:Sirdi: Please call them again and ask for it or you can wait until you receive the packet.

You won't believe what happened now?
First, I rang option 4 and 4 again which is general inquiry line told me that package has been sent out in my prepaid envelope nextday and will receive tomorrow 9th.

Then I rang again on option 3 which is progress line told me that decision has not been made and nothing has been sent out sorry for wrong information we do apologise. Blah...... blah...

Then I rang again to option 4 and got same message again package has been sent out. Will be delivered tomorrow.

I think better wait till this evening and track first, then tomorrow.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 pm

You may be able to track if it's a special delivery. Just for peace of mind that they have indeed sent it.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 pm

samriti2u wrote:You may be able to track if it's a special delivery. Just for peace of mind that they have indeed sent it.
Ya, it was special deliver which had sent it through application. I will track It between 6:30pm to 9pm this eve. I'll update once I track it.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Wed May 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Sirdi wrote:
samriti2u wrote:Sirdi: Please call them again and ask for it or you can wait until you receive the packet.

You won't believe what happened now?
First, I rang option 4 and 4 again which is general inquiry line told me that package has been sent out in my prepaid envelope nextday and will receive tomorrow 9th.

Then I rang again on option 3 which is progress line told me that decision has not been made and nothing has been sent out sorry for wrong information we do apologise. Blah...... blah...

Then I rang again to option 4 and got same message again package has been sent out. Will be delivered tomorrow.

I think better wait till this evening and track first, then tomorrow.
Can't believe this. Their system is no better to the service they provide.. I hope they won't let you down, Sirdi

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 12:45 pm

It's really funny!!!
Progress line has not got information but normal information line can update you.

I rang 3 times to information line option 4 again 4
And 2 times to progress line which is option 3 probably they have not been updated their system.

However, see what happen tomorrow?

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed May 08, 2013 1:01 pm

All the best Sirdi

I find it very amusing if they really are using different systems to store applicants' information.
Sirdi wrote:It's really funny!!!
Progress line has not got information but normal information line can update you.

I rang 3 times to information line option 4 again 4
And 2 times to progress line which is option 3 probably they have not been updated their system.

However, see what happen tomorrow?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm

It seems October Pandora box is open now and things are moving now. Guys good luck and update us with after receiving the happy packets.

I have applied at 2nd October 2012 to lets hope for the best for all of us.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Gmx: the options have changed press 3 for status update not 4 for General queries.

Cheers![/quote]

Option changed but update still there at option 4. It will take few days to get there at option 3 which is still on its way from 4 to 3 (backward).

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi All,

Ya, I have just checked "Royalmail.com/trackandtrace, customer service was right and my package "It's on its way". Let's hope it's a good news.

I will update it tomorrow.

Thanks

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 5:35 pm

samriti2u wrote:You may be able to track if it's a special delivery. Just for peace of mind that they have indeed sent it.
Hi Samriti2U,
Have you checked yours'?

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Good stuff Sirdi.

I didn't send them a special delivery envelope so they've sent mine using signed for delivery which is not traceable until delivered.

Good Luck to you!!
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Sirdi wrote:Hi All,

Ya, I have just checked "Royalmail.com/trackandtrace, customer service was right and my package "It's on its way". Let's hope it's a good news.

Thanks
Great news Sirdi!

Just wondering whether you have contacted the HO or tried any other means such as local MP to expedite your application?

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Thu May 09, 2013 10:38 am

I just called HO, the customer service lady said, it is still in progress and you have to wait until you hear from the HO. I asked if that is with a caseworker, she said ‘of course it is with a caseworker’.

I don’t know if this is a standard reply. Hm..

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Thu May 09, 2013 11:34 am

Sirdi wrote:Category:- 10 years Long Residency ILR
NCS or Postal:- Postal Next Day Delivery
Date of submission: Saturday 06/10/2012
Date of received by UKBA: Monday 8/10/2012
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12/10/2012
Date of acknowledgement : Dated 12/10/2012 Received on:25/10/2012
Date of Biometric:- 12/2012
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of Passport receive: Waiting
Date of BRP card Receive: Waiting
Thanks God. It's been a while I was waiting for it. Got approval letter today.
Waiting for BRP
Here's timeline

10 years Long Residency ILR
NCS or Postal:- Postal Next Day Delivery
Date of submission: Saturday 06/10/2012[/font]
Date of received by UKBA: Monday 8/10/2012
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12/10/2012
Date of acknowledgement : Dated 12/10/2012 Received on:25/10/2012
Date of Biometric:- 12/2012
Date of approval: 08/05/2013
Date of Passport receive: 09/05/2013
Date of BRP card Receive: 10/05/2013

Thank you and good luck to you all.
Last edited by Sirdi on Fri May 10, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 09, 2013 11:36 am

cpf wrote:I just called HO, the customer service lady said, it is still in progress and you have to wait until you hear from the HO. I asked if that is with a caseworker, she said ‘of course it is with a caseworker’.

I don’t know if this is a standard reply. Hm..
I think it is a standard reply. Same is here.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 pm

cpf wrote:

Thanks
Great news Sirdi!

Just wondering whether you have contacted the HO or tried any other means such as local MP to expedite your application?
Hi cpf,

sorry for late reply actually, I was waiting for post result so i got it now.
however, I made a complaint earlier to all like you can find in this forum but it didnt help coz I had a reply saying if anything compassionate reasons to put my case out of turn. I didn't have any, fortunately I was selected for a job interview with all original documents. So, I forwarded original email to person who responded my complaint email.

And now waiting for job interview next week.

Thank you all.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Thu May 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Sirdi wrote:
cpf wrote:

Thanks
Great news Sirdi!

Hi cpf,

sorry for late reply actually, I was waiting for post result so i got it now.
however, I made a complaint earlier to all like you can find in this forum but it didnt help coz I had a reply saying if anything compassionate reasons to put my case out of turn. I didn't have any, fortunately I was selected for a job interview with all original documents. So, I forwarded original email to person who responded my complaint email.

And now waiting for job interview next week.

Thank you all.
Thanks Sirdi for the information, AND a big congratulations !!!

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi Cpf, Maliksaab, Gmx and other users,

Please don't take up your matter with MP.
Here is what has worked for me:

1. Sent a letter to Liverpool to expedite the case so I could attend the training overseas. No Response from UKBA.

2. Sent another letter to expedite with a letter from employer to attend overseas office for urgent work. Do mention the date of travel.
Also, mentioned that employer will suffer financially if not expedited.

3. Also, mentioned in above letter that if it is not expedited then I may initiate
Pre-Action protocol for JD to recover costs.

4. Result: Case expedited and received package/BRPs in 2 weeks.

Experience: If you genuinely need to travel they'll understand the reason and will expedite.

Hopefully it'll benefit all users. I am going home now to open 3-Letters (BRP for me n 2 dependents) + 1 Parcel (Documents). My wife received them today and she is waiting for me to open them.

I'll report the outcome soon!!!!!!
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

a4ley
Newly Registered

Documents Returned

Post by a4ley » Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Type of application: SET(O)
Type of previous permit: Tier1(G) (2 years) + HSMP (3 years)
Date Applied: 03/10/2012
Date of visa expiry: 23/10/2012
Type of payment: Credit-Card
Date of payment taken: 10/10/2012
Date of biometric letter: 4/12/2012 (dated 28/11/2012)
Date of biometric enrollment: 07/12/2012
Date of approval: I guess 07/5/2013
Documents returned: 9/5/2013

I received my passport and supporting documents today with a letter stating that I should receive my BRP within 7 working days.

Interestingly nowhere on the letter that was accompanying my documents does it actually say that my application has been approved.

Good luck to everyone else. This forum has helped my keep some semblance of sanity.
Last edited by a4ley on Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu May 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks samriti2u and congratulations

What is "Pre-Action protocol for JD to recover costs"?

My reason for expedition is not work related but life/death related. My father-in-law is seriously ill. He has heart problems and had a stroke attack 2 months ago and was admitted to emergency unit. We are worried of his condition should anything happen.

samriti2u wrote:Hi Cpf, Maliksaab, Gmx and other users,

Please don't take up your matter with MP.
Here is what has worked for me:

1. Sent a letter to Liverpool to expedite the case so I could attend the training overseas. No Response from UKBA.

2. Sent another letter to expedite with a letter from employer to attend overseas office for urgent work. Do mention the date of travel.
Also, mentioned that employer will suffer financially if not expedited.

3. Also, mentioned in above letter that if it is not expedited then I may initiate
Pre-Action protocol for JD to recover costs.

4. Result: Case expedited and received package/BRPs in 2 weeks.

Experience: If you genuinely need to travel they'll understand the reason and will expedite.

Hopefully it'll benefit all users. I am going home now to open 3-Letters (BRP for me n 2 dependents) + 1 Parcel (Documents). My wife received them today and she is waiting for me to open them.

I'll report the outcome soon!!!!!!

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu May 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Gmx,

I am sorry to hear that.

Pre-Action protocol is basically a letter which informs a party that if an action is not taken by them you'll take a court action to recover the costs-

Example in your case: cost of travel tickets that you missed due to delay in ILR, any benefits you missed (eg: child care), legal costs , compensation for stress, anxiety and inconvenience caused due to no response from them plus any other cost eg: loss of employment.....

But before you take this action you'll need legal help from a solicitor.

Also, before any action you'll have to prove that you have incurred costs.

Take care...... An let me know if you need any help.