ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:05 am

wiggsy wrote:just been linked to this too:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 024432.pdf
2. Given the EU directive obliging the UK government to issue a residence card to family members of EU nationals within 6 months can you please clarify the immigration status of those applicants whose residence cards have not been issued after the 6 months period?

Issuing residence documentation under the EEA Regulations does not affect an individual’s Immigration status. We are solely confirming the right to reside which the applicant has under the EEA Regulations regardless of whether UK Border Agency issues documentation confirming that right.
Morning and thanx very much Wiggsy this is what I have been looking for.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 am

sarahassy wrote:thanx very much Wiggsy this is what I have been looking for.

I note the following:
UKBA wrote: Regulation 15A(7) confirms the definition of a primary carer for the purpose of regulation 15A(2).
The definition requires that the applicant is:
a) a direct member or legal guardian of the person from whom they claim a derivative right, and
b) is the person who
i) has primary responsibility for that person's care, ****OR****
ii) shares equally the responsibility for that person's care with one other person who is not an exempt person.

Regulation 15A(8) confirms that financial support alone will not bring a person within the definition of primary carer for the purposes of the Regulations. Those solely providing financial assistance who have no day to day caring responsibilities do not benefit from the provision.
Last edited by wiggsy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maame16
Newly Registered

Post by maame16 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:34 am

wiggsy wrote:
maame16 wrote: 5. THEIR FURTHER ENQUIRIES HAVE REVELED THAT "ME" I HAVE INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER. SO I AM AN EXEMPT PERSON UNDER THE ZAMBRANO LAWS.

I FIND THIS TO BE VERY FUNNY BECAUSE IF I HAVE INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER, WHEN DID THE HOME OFFICE ISSUES THIS INDEFINITE AND IN WHICH PASSPORT DID THEY DO THIS. OR WHY ON THE HELL THIS THE SEND ME C'O'A WITH RIGHT TO WORK IF I HAVE INDEFINITE.
ANYWAY I HAVE DECIDED TO GO AND GET A LAWYER TO MAKE THE APPEAL FOR AND ALSO IF OUT WHEN HOME OFFICE GET ME INDEFINITE, AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT.
you do realise that ILE is just the same as ILR? - if i were you i would get your passport issued, get a stamp stuck in it (even if you have to pay £100 or whatever... then later on sort out naturalisation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indefinite_leave_to_remain

I know but i wanted to be sure because i don't trust home office people. i went a saw a lawyer on monday. she is not going to appalon the zambrano. she has apply for something call subject access request which by law the home office people have 40 days to provide every documents and application that i have made to them including the time they granted me this ILE that they saying. after she get the document she will apply naturalisation. oh yea while we wait on home office to provide the documents she is going to application in for me. they this application that you have to be under 25 year old and have a family in the uk and ties back in ghana. she want to that quick because i will be 25 in august.

maame16
Newly Registered

Post by maame16 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 am

Babz wrote:
5. THEIR FURTHER ENQUIRIES HAVE REVELED THAT "ME" I HAVE INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER. SO I AM AN EXEMPT PERSON UNDER THE ZAMBRANO LAWS.
I think it's better you first find out what information the home office holds about.
yea is just what i am doing now. i know everything by ending of next month.
subject access request i have apply to the home office.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am

wiggsy wrote: you do realise that ILE is just the same as ILR?
maame16 wrote:oh yea while we wait on home office to provide the documents she is going to application in for me. they this application that you have to be under 25 year old and have a family in the uk and ties back in ghana. she want to that quick because i will be 25 in august.
are you paying for this service?... note: I believe the decision has to be made BEFORE you turn 25... not application before hand...

you may be wasting your money for two reasons:
1) the decision most likely wont be before august
2) you already have ILE.

A subject access request must be responded to PROMPTLY and no later than 40 days... a response within 40 days can still be deemed to not be prompt!
(IE: you ask your employer for a statement that you were paid X and X on the specific dates of: X and X... - shouldnt take more than a week or so - if longer the ICO could uphold a complaint for failure to respond promptly. and if you lost out because of such, then compensation could be issued by the courts...)

maame16
Newly Registered

Post by maame16 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 pm

wiggsy wrote:
wiggsy wrote: you do realise that ILE is just the same as ILR?
maame16 wrote:oh yea while we wait on home office to provide the documents she is going to application in for me. they this application that you have to be under 25 year old and have a family in the uk and ties back in ghana. she want to that quick because i will be 25 in august.
are you paying for this service?... note: I believe the decision has to be made BEFORE you turn 25... not application before hand...

you may be wasting your money for two reasons:
1) the decision most likely wont be before august
2) you already have ILE.

A subject access request must be responded to PROMPTLY and no later than 40 days... a response within 40 days can still be deemed to not be prompt!
(IE: you ask your employer for a statement that you were paid X and X on the specific dates of: X and X... - shouldnt take more than a week or so - if longer the ICO could uphold a complaint for failure to respond promptly. and if you lost out because of such, then compensation could be issued by the courts...)

hmmm that is what i was thinking. but when i check the link you posted they say ILE is giving when you are outside the uk. but i know for a fact that my uncle brought me on 6 months visit visa. if the subject access request come in early then is true that i have ILE. then by law home office will refund me my application fees. because is their mistake and not mine. the subject access request was send by recoded delivery yesterday so i can't get my work people involve.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 pm

noooo... u can file a subject access request with any organisation.

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

i used employer as an example to show a prompt response :)

ukba is who u need to send sar to.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 pm

in addition...

this is what i was looking for... The Advocate General's reasoning before the suggested response... to C-34/09...

He himself refers to Article 24 TFEU (childs rights) point 3, and Article 8 ECHR etc for his reasonings... so it is clear that zambrano is very dependant on the right to family life! Thus: remember to ensure you state about the EU citizen (british) citizens right to a family life - and thus, being a family member of the EU citizen you also gain that right also...

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 34:EN:HTML

very interesting read... and worthy of note making for appeals / applications and all...

maame16
Newly Registered

Post by maame16 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:13 am

wiggsy wrote:noooo... u can file a subject access request with any organisation.

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

i used employer as an example to show a prompt response :)

ukba is who u need to send sar to.

looool, oh kl. i have told the lawyers to even hold because i can home office fees now plus their fees also. so i am waiting for subject access request to come 1st.

fm9
Newly Registered

Post by fm9 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 am

sarahassy wrote:please Wiggsy , foward me the guide given to the caseworkers under zambrano application.
what I don't understand is, do we have to provide evidences that we r the sole carers or we have to explain how the British national cannot take care of his minor.
hi guys am new here, but have been reading all ur post, am waiting for zambrano documentation as well, i have the COA and have got a job offer, i need bank account can someone pls pls help me open one with my coa?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu May 02, 2013 12:33 pm

fm9 wrote:
sarahassy wrote:please Wiggsy , foward me the guide given to the caseworkers under zambrano application.
what I don't understand is, do we have to provide evidences that we r the sole carers or we have to explain how the British national cannot take care of his minor.
hi guys am new here, but have been reading all ur post, am waiting for zambrano documentation as well, i have the COA and have got a job offer, i need bank account can someone pls pls help me open one with my coa?
FM, as i said on PM. My wife opened her Halifax acc when she had her passport...

Request your passport back for ID purposes,

the bank can give cashcard only accounts, which have no credit facility... take all gov letters to the bank with you etc, tax credits or what ever you might have...

try the post office too.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

any appeal updates so far pple?????

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri May 03, 2013 11:11 am

kiss300 wrote:any appeal updates so far pple?????
my wife got a letter this morning 3/5/13 (dated 1/5/13) requesting the following evidence:
1. Evidence that you are the sole primary carer for your British children
well, even via the the regulations, I dont see why this is required... because sole primary carer does not come into it...
2. Evidence to support the fact that you are also prividing your husband with full-time care.

3. Detailed evidence as to why your husband and the father of your children, My Name, who is a British Citizen and with whome you reside, is unable to care for your children.

4. Further medical evidence to substantiate the claims on your application form that your husband would be unable to assume full caring responsibility for the children as you believe this would be detrimental to his health.

5. Clarification on the information in your husbands letter of 16th January 2012 submitted iin support of your application in which he states:
'To expect myself to care for two young children would be
-> Detrimental to my own health
and
-> Impose an element of risk for my children.'
I find it unbelievable as they have had numerous medical reports (from GP/Local Authority), a prescription list, physio apt letters for myself to show the answers to 3, 4, 5.

Points 1 and 2 dont really state because: you dont have to legally be the sole carer...

Currently writing the letter and will send the documents back to them. Might as well get started on the "appeal" too...

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:01 pm

@wiggsy was this letter from tribunal or from home office? if it is fro tribunal how long did it take for this letter to come through as my appeal has been submitted today?

what is the next step after appeals are sent to the tribunal?

mam2

Post by mam2 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 pm

I think wiggsy's wife's letter is from the home office. At least they have come out to request for more evidence before making a decision. This is what they should have done with everybody before refusing the application. Wiggsy now has a chance to submit n prove his point and that's what he said he was doing.
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri May 03, 2013 1:16 pm

mam2 wrote:I think wiggsy's wife's letter is from the home office. At least they have come out to request for more evidence before making a decision. This is what they should have done with everybody before refusing the application. Wiggsy now has a chance to submit n prove his point and that's what he said he was doing.
they have only requested more evidence because i highlighted their evidential flexibility policy
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/07/ ... -revealed/

and your right, but there is no way to adequately prove it to UKBA... they have their own reasons...

Also note: they have not requested further info for the purposes of my wifes EEA2 spousal application. (Carter - provider of services across the EU - even without FreeMovement - online services imply movement ;) )

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri May 03, 2013 1:21 pm

kiss300 wrote:@wiggsy was this letter from tribunal or from home office? if it is fro tribunal how long did it take for this letter to come through as my appeal has been submitted today?

what is the next step after appeals are sent to the tribunal?
letter is home office / ukba. - my wifes appeal isnt going to be the same as yours...

i really thing that our appeal will involve our moving to Ireland etc...

easy77

Post by easy77 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:03 pm

UKBA are supposed to ask for further evidence for zambrano applicants esp those that applied prior to the amendment. They delayed amending regulation, i totally agree wit wigsy. I have forwarded the evidential flexibility policy to my friend & she will use as one of the reasons for her appeal, bcos in her own case she could provide all d documents needed. I have seen cases where UKBA reconsidered their decision based on this policy before. This people are really mean, but i urge all zambrano applicants refused not to chicken out & apply for article 8, becos it will mean they've won & actually made dat zambrano judgemt useless.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm

any news

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed May 08, 2013 1:02 am

easy77 wrote:UKBA are supposed to ask for further evidence for zambrano applicants esp those that applied prior to the amendment. They delayed amending regulation, i totally agree wit wigsy. I have forwarded the evidential flexibility policy to my friend & she will use as one of the reasons for her appeal, bcos in her own case she could provide all d documents needed. I have seen cases where UKBA reconsidered their decision based on this policy before. This people are really mean, but i urge all zambrano applicants refused not to chicken out & apply for article 8, becos it will mean they've won & actually made dat zambrano judgemt useless.
well like i say... UKBA want all applicants to be on the UK Regs.. Zambrano applicants are not subject to immigration control... immigration regs are...

fee remissions information (linked in document)... (query to MoJ on fee remissions...
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... es.DOC.doc
I can confirm that the department holds some information that you have asked for. The information is exempt under section 21 of the FOI Act because it is reasonably accessible to you, and I am pleased to inform you that you can access it via the links below.

We have recently published our consultation paper and consultation response paper which sets out our approach to fee remissions in the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) and is publically available on the MoJ website ( https://consult.justice.gov.uk/digital- ... ion-asylum )

Also available is broad guidance on immigration and asylum appeals http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/immigration-asylum. The courts also have a fee remissions policy and again guidance on this can be found on the MoJ website ( http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/fees ). I hope this information will be helpful.
ALSO...

in my response from rob whiteman:
You have also made a request that your wife’s application be treated as a Human Rights
application in accordance with the Article 8 right to a private and family life. The Immigration
Rules now include provisions for applicants wishing to remain in the UK on the basis of their
family or private life, should you wish to rely on your family or private life established in the
UK under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). These rules are
located at Appendix FM and Paragraph 276ADE of the rules respectively.
Your wife’s current application is for an EEA consideration. If you wish the Home Office to
consider an application on the basis of Article 8 rights, you must make a separate charged
application using the appropriate specified application form (FLR(M) for the 5-year partner
route; FLR(O) for the 5-year parent or 10-year partner or parent route; or FLR(O) for the 10-
year private life route). For more information please consult the UKBA website,
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. In relation to your concern that the welfare of your daughter
is considered when deciding this application, I can assure you that the Agency takes very
seriously the duty placed upon it to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in the UK.
Section 55 considerations will be fully incorporated into any decision on your wife’s current
application.
they will take into account sec 55, but not Art 8... surely Art 8 and Sec 55 are interlinked decisions... and no matter what... ARTICLE 8 Should be taken into account in ANY decision made by the home office??

Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Section 141(14) of the 1999 Act [group F] defines a person as a dependant of another if:

 they are that person’s spouse or child under the age of 18

 they do not have a right of abode, indefinite leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom

easy77

Post by easy77 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 am

Thanks so much wiggsy, you've provided a lot of information and clarification on zambrano case which will help so many people in their dealings with UKBA.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

Well whether the info will indeed help is yet to b seen.

Rob whiteman still seams to believe the law reads differently.

Still no response from parlimentary ombudsman. Or theresa may's office lol..

update:

Also thought of approaching other areas of gov for info too: IE: council's:
I am writing to request a copy of any policy documents / training materials which raise awareness / the principles which you take into consideration when assessing the care requirements for a child.

The care requirements I raise are
"who is a suitable carer"
"What might make an unsuitable carer"
"when you deem it suitable to remove a child from their parent"
"is it in the childs best interest to remove a child from their mother"
"is it in the childs best interest to remove a child from their father"
"mental health implications of removing a child from the stablity of their home life"

(note: this is not a full list of my requested information, but just to highlight the type of information I am requesting.)

Specifically, I want to know:
1) If the parents are "fit" to care for a child... is it in the child's best interests to remove the parents from the child's life
2) Is it in the chld's best interest to alter a child's current living situation if it is not necessary...
3) What implications on a child's health can arise from changes to a childs home environment.
Hopefully their responses can aid in some appeals (although I doubt it wll be here too soon.) - Play one area of Govt off against the other?...

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Remember to highlight the following in appeals too...

they DO NOT comsider eu oe un law when deciding applications:...
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-388918

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Anyone gotten their DRC? Any news?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-390043
more information on the COA / DRC has been released in my Internal Review Request (along with a threat to treat further FOI requests as vexatious)

I find this line particularly useful:
Any cases which have already been accepted into the business should firstly have their application considered on the basis of the Regulations (even where the application is based solely on Zambrano). Where this is to be refused, then consideration must now be given to whether the application comes within the agreed scope of Zambrano.