ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benifit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dcruz

Housing Benifit

Post by dcruz » Wed May 08, 2013 8:04 am

Hi All,
My spouce is European and i have EEA2 residence card,i just want to know if we can claim housing benefit,if we can than does this going to effect my PR.Please reply someone i will appreciate.

impactcrew

Re: Housing Benifit

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 8:25 am

dcruz wrote:Hi All,
My spouce is European and i have EEA2 residence card,i just want to know if we can claim housing benefit,if we can than does this going to effect my PR.Please reply someone i will appreciate.
Hi

As far as i am aware claiming housing benefit is never a good thing in regards to UKBA scene and it can or it might not affect you. Every case is individual.

If you can try and avoid it.

Cheers

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Regarding EEA nationals and their family members. Providing you have the right to reside (i.e. exercising treaty rights) you are entitled to claim public funds. Whether you are actually awarded anything, that will depend on your circumstances e.g. income etc...
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Thu May 09, 2013 9:49 am

Regarding EEA nationals and their family members. Providing you have the right to reside (i.e. exercising treaty rights) you are entitled to claim public funds. Whether you are actually awarded anything, that will depend on your circumstances e.g. income etc...[/quote]

Thanks D4109125 my income is 23000 annual will i get a housing benefit. please reply i will appreciate.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 am

how much is your wife earning? If she is not earning, how is she exercising treaty rights? Do you have children?

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Thu May 09, 2013 10:56 am

Greenie wrote:how much is your wife earning? If she is not earning, how is she exercising treaty rights? Do you have children?
thanks Greenie Actually she is earning,i am looking for job yes we have 1 kid plesae reply i will appreciate.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am

dcruz wrote:
Greenie wrote:how much is your wife earning? If she is not earning, how is she exercising treaty rights? Do you have children?
thanks Greenie Actually she is earning,i am looking for job yes we have 1 kid plesae reply i will appreciate.[/quote

Go to http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx and that can calculate possible entitlement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

crb

Post by crb » Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 pm

household income of 20000 could mean very little or nothing in housing benifit......
u have to contribute at least 65% of excess income towards rent!!
excess income for family size of 3 { = (ur income less (couples rate+child rate+faamily premium)}

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 09, 2013 1:38 pm

crb wrote:household income of 20000 could mean very little or nothing in housing benifit......
excess income for family size of 3 { = (ur income less (couples rate+child rate+faamily premium)}
Indeed, if you are suffering hardship and not entitled to benefit (or not much) apply for a discretionary housing payment.

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 am

D4109125 wrote:
crb wrote:household income of 20000 could mean very little or nothing in housing benifit......
Indeed, if you are suffering hardship and not entitled to benefit (or not much) apply for a discretionary housing payment.

Thanks ALL

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:09 pm

EEA national workers / self employed can claim benefits. But for PR individual circumstances are being considered for this purpose.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS