ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

shocked

Post by They don't care abt us » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 am

i have been waiting to hear from UKBA, but nothing has happened yet. it has been days that i went over the 70 working days that are supposed to be their minimum waiting time, now i am just going to wait this month to be over and withdraw my application. UKBA if you read this, i want you to know how you negatively affected my life, now i am left with a bitter taste to my mouth with all i have missed out because of your incompetency. im like :shock:

mfawazt
Mood:

very disappointed

Post by mfawazt » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi guys
I'm very disappointed to read that most of the application for CTDs are taking very long time to be issued!

I applied for convention travel document in feb/2013
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 19 feb 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23 feb 2013
Date of debit of fees: 25 feb 2013
Date of receipt of travel document: still waiting

:cry:

ashbon
Newly Registered

convention travel document

Post by ashbon » Sun May 05, 2013 10:06 pm

hello all
here is my not so great experience of waiting for UN Convention Travel Document ( Refugee)
sent application on the 26th of November 2012 by special delivery
recieved by UKBA on the 28th of November 2012 (fees paid via postal order)
No acknowledgement letter!!
Then on
24 February 2013: letter requesting that me and my children attend Post Office for Biometrics
Biometrics done on the 25th of February 2013
Date today 5th May still waitng ..... no news from UKBA
they have got all my documents and i cant apply for a job ,travel or even bring my spouse who is still stuck overseas.

anyone else in this predicament ?

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 am

Hi all,

After 310 days (10 months and six days), I received my TD (first one).

I wrote twice UKBA. The first was to TD section after the 6th month. the second was a week ago to their complaints Dept.

wish you all the best of luck.

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Tue May 07, 2013 10:03 am

Oh my God Viglen congratulations can't believe uve received urs now, m stil waiting since August 2012

Longwait123
Newly Registered

Post by Longwait123 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:21 pm

viglen210 wrote:Hi all,

After 310 days (10 months and six days), I received my TD (first one).

I wrote twice UKBA. The first was to TD section after the 6th month. the second was a week ago to their complaints Dept.

wish you all the best of luck.

Congratulation!

Lucky you
I am still here waiting its been 10 months :cry: :cry: :oops:

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:45 pm

thanks all. wish you will get yours soon.

just wondering if I can use the TD to go to France and then Germany?

thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re TD112 TRAVELDOCUMENT

Post by babe_khyber » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 pm

viglen210 wrote:thanks all. wish you will get yours soon.

thanks
CONGRATULATION.
I think some one is in the past month received thire CTD within two month Idon`t know why the home office delayed decision in the protection route Both Stage ILR, CTD application. I am still waiting sine march just received acknowledgement letter then nothing. its not fair for refugees.but no orgnaisation can want to support or helping refugees.
best wishes
babe khyber

Longwait123
Newly Registered

Post by Longwait123 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 pm

thanks

You can go Germany but France need visa.

parivash
Newly Registered

CTD

Post by parivash » Wed May 08, 2013 5:22 pm

HI ALL
hope you are fine

I was thinking I am the only one who is waiting, here is my timeline:

Method of application: post office
Date of receipt by UKBA: 12/03/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/03/2013
Date of receipt ctd: still waiting

why it takes too long???

mfawazt
Mood:

Post by mfawazt » Thu May 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi,

Could you please tel me which telephone number I have to call in order to follow up with the status of my CTD?

thanks in advance

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 am

thanks

Congratulations viglen210. And good luck to myself and everyone else who's still waiting :)
And probably see you again when we all apply for British citizen :)
Take care viglen210

Longwait123
Newly Registered

Post by Longwait123 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 am

I got my TD today after 10 months
Good luck everyone

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:32 am

Congratulations :)

Lcj

travel documents

Post by Lcj » Wed May 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi All,

my husband had a discrectionary leave for 3 years on an A4 paper because he didnot have passport valid until sept 2014. he applied for a travel document in may 2012,today he got a BRP card instead valid until may 2014 instead of the original date of expire of sept 2014, Do you think travel documents is on its way or whats happening?

any answers are welcome please

Newly Registered

Post by 407004 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:22 pm

hello i have very important question to ask

i was granted ILR based on having a refugee status , had LLR before. Is it okay to apply for a national passport to travel to other countries? or do i have to apply for CTD again, because i spoke to some immigration lawyers and they said because you have permanent settlement here now, you can apply for your national passport, and also on the BRP your nationality is still the same, so why cant you apply for your countries passport ?
please if you could help in answering the query, i will apply for my renewal of CTD soon enough, and let you guys know of the timeline throughout
because my 1st one i got in 2 months , hoping this one wouldnt take long enough too.

thankyou in advance

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 pm

407004 wrote:hello i have very important question to ask

i was granted ILR based on having a refugee status , had LLR before. Is it okay to apply for a national passport to travel to other countries? or do i have to apply for CTD again, because i spoke to some immigration lawyers and they said because you have permanent settlement here now, you can apply for your national passport, and also on the BRP your nationality is still the same, so why cant you apply for your countries passport ?
please if you could help in answering the query, i will apply for my renewal of CTD soon enough, and let you guys know of the timeline throughout
because my 1st one i got in 2 months , hoping this one wouldnt take long enough too.

thankyou in advance
My advice is just stick to the CTD at the moment.

KeepCalm

Re: travel documents

Post by KeepCalm » Fri May 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Lcj wrote:Hi All,

my husband had a discrectionary leave for 3 years on an A4 paper because he didnot have passport valid until sept 2014. he applied for a travel document in may 2012,today he got a BRP card instead valid until may 2014 instead of the original date of expire of sept 2014, Do you think travel documents is on its way or whats happening?

any answers are welcome please
Hi 407004,
Travel Document should be on its way but you should call them cus its more then enough wait.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re refugee ilr

Post by babe_khyber » Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 pm

thankyou in advance
When did you applied ILR? And when you came in this country, what is your immigration status at the end of your refugee. Did you applied on the set protection route application or other form. the CTD processing time is very strange because someone has received within 2month but most people waiting more thin a year I am still waiting since march nothing heard anything.
best wishes
babe khyber

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

mfawazt wrote:Hi,

Could you please tel me which telephone number I have to call in order to follow up with the status of my CTD?

thanks in advance
Hi mfawazt,
Its same Home Office No 08706067766 and give them Ref No on your acknowledge letter.
Last edited by KeepCalm on Sat May 18, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Fri May 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Application timeline
Eligibility criteria: refugee status ILR (convention travel document)
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 02 Feb 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04 Feb 2013
Date of debit of fees: 05 Feb 2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 08 Feb 2013
Date of receipt of travel document: Waiting
Thanks!

Newly Registered

Re: re refugee ilr

Post by 407004 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 am

babe_khyber wrote:

thankyou in advance
When did you applied ILR? And when you came in this country, what is your immigration status at the end of your refugee. Did you applied on the set protection route application or other form. the CTD processing time is very strange because someone has received within 2month but most people waiting more thin a year I am still waiting since march nothing heard anything.
best wishes
babe khyber
Thankyou for your response guys , appreciate it so much . I applied for ILR on 24th of September 2012, cos the leave was expiring on 24th October, And yes i applied through SET protection route, and the immigration status was limited leave for 5 years as a refugee, and then i got ILR, so no i cant apply for national passport then?? because i thought settlement ILR means your not a refugee anymore :/ . so damn confoosing

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat May 18, 2013 12:57 pm

407004 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

thankyou in advance
Its seems to me the information you have provided you are still refugee that is why you are not allowed to national passport because on set protection route guide look its clearly mention if you are still need protection then you will be eligible for ILR. I think you need to wait till next year for your naturalisation after that if your country of origins don`t accept dull citizenship you can apply for you national passport.
best wishes
babe khyber
best wishes
babe khyber
Thankyou for your response guys , appreciate it so much . I applied for ILR on 24th of September 2012, cos the leave was expiring on 24th October, And yes i applied through SET protection route, and the immigration status was limited leave for 5 years as a refugee, and then i got ILR, so no i cant apply for national passport then?? because i thought settlement ILR means your not a refugee anymore :/ . so damn confoosing

KeepCalm

Post by KeepCalm » Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

407004 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:

thankyou in advance
best wishes
babe khyber
Hi,
Yes You are still Refugee till u become British Citizen.

Frankassic
Newly Registered

Post by Frankassic » Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Longwait123 wrote:I got my TD today after 10 months
Good luck everyone
:lol: 10 months thats way too far
Almost a year i suppose
I guess i m going to forget about my holliday for now as i just applied mine few weeks ago