ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from Post study work to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoo2107
Newly Registered

switching from Post study work to Tier 2

Post by leoo2107 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi,

My company is applying for CoS for me, My current VISA (PSW) is expiring on Oct 2013.

In the CoS application, it is asking for a work start date and end date. what should it be?

I have started working with the company during 2011.

please Help!!!!!!

Regards
Lakshmi

safajnaseef

Re: switching from Post study work to Tier 2

Post by safajnaseef » Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 pm

leoo2107 wrote:Hi,

My company is applying for CoS for me, My current VISA (PSW) is expiring on Oct 2013.

In the CoS application, it is asking for a work start date and end date. what should it be?

please Help!!!!!!

Regards
Lakshmi

Can you be more specific. Is the company is applying to be tier 2 sponsor or it is already tier 2 sponsor but it is issuing a CoS to you?

safatafa
Member of Standing

Post by safatafa » Sat May 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi
Start date ll be the date ur visa ll start so u can put the start date 3 months after the date u apply for cos I.e if ur sponsor applies today then start date ll be 3 months from now .
Cos is valid for 3 months and u can't apply more than 3 months before ur start date
Hope this helps

safajnaseef

Re: switching from Post study work to Tier 2

Post by safajnaseef » Sat May 11, 2013 8:06 pm

leoo2107 wrote:Hi,

please Help!!!!!!

Regards
Lakshmi

Can you be more specific. Is the company is applying to be tier 2 sponsor or it is already tier 2 sponsor but it is issuing a CoS to you?

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

COS is a certificate of Sponsor which has to be assign by the employer through SMS if they have sponsor licence and while assigning its ask for start date. So it is not a application.
I think u employer is a sponsor licence hold and if they r not they have to first apply for it.

The start date on COS is not ur visa start date it is a date which u will start ur job with new job title and the salary which ur sponsor has mention on COS.
The validity of the COS is 3 month from the date of assign not the start date. So u have to apply withing 3 month of the COS assign.
As u r switching from PSW to tier2 u can apply for tier 2 visa any time after the COS is assign and the start date should be any after the date of COS assign and it depands when ur sponsor want to start this new role.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:27 pm

this is what the guidance my company was given when doing my COS

'If the migrant is already working for you and you are assigning the CoS so that they can apply to extend their leave, you must enter the start date as the day after the last day of leave given on their current visa.'

example

PSW expires: 4 February 2014

Tier2 start date: 5 February 2014
end date: 5 March 2017

hope that helps

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Tue May 21, 2013 6:51 pm

'If the migrant is already working for you and you are assigning the CoS so that they can apply to extend their leave, you must enter the start date as the day after the last day of leave given on their current visa.'

This mean the migrant is already tier 2 and want to extend with same employer .
For psw holder u can switch to tier 2 visa at any time. U don't have to wait for ur visa expiers. Start date will be the date u will start as tier 2 worker. U will get 3 yr visa from that date.