ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dj25000

schengen visa

Post by dj25000 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi Everybody,

Quick questions -

1. I was applying for schengen visa other day at the TLScontact center and found that they would not accept my application as my PR stamp is not endorsed on my passport. They require either PR stamped on passport or resident card. Has anybody else had this problem ? if so, what did u do to resolve this ?

2. I spoke to HO regarding this and they said i will have to apply for EEA4 again if i want a new stamp on passport and will take the same time - upto six months. Has anybody had this issue ? is there a quick way of having this ? is there any other way ?

3. Is there any schengen embassy that do not require the PR stamp endorsed in the passport or not bothered by it ?

Just in case, anybody wondering - i am divorced now - not with the eea family member any more.

Any advise...?

Regards,

DJ

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 am

Moved to correct forum section.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 am

The PR card ought to be acceptable proof of residency and right to return to the UK.

Did you get a refusal in writing or did they just not take the application?

dj25000

Post by dj25000 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks for the reply

I have contacted the french consulate - they have replied to me saying - due to new international policies they will only accept residence permit endorsed in passport of a resident card.

HO said they have no issues me placing it on my passport and going out and in - no issues. But if i want this endorsed in my passport, i will have to aplly through EEA4 process again...

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 am

It is true that to get the home office to place the sticker in your passport you would need to apply again.

The schengen visa rules imply that one should normally apply in country of residence (UK in your case) and that one has permission to enter third country post visit (again UK in your case). Your PR card ticks both these boxes. Stand your ground.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Sun May 12, 2013 3:43 pm

As a family member of an EEA citizen , being resident in a country shouldn't be a requirement to apply for a schengen visa. Just being in the UK as a tourist, a family member should be able to apply for a schengen visa if they will be travelling with their EEA family member, The UK allows family members to apply for an EEA family permit from anywhere in the world , resident or not. Don't see why schengen states embassies insists on family members having to have a residence card or sticker in their passports to apply.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm

flyboy wrote:As a family member of an EEA citizen
Normally, I'd agree with you, but the OP made his position clear at the outset.
dj25000 wrote:Just in case, anybody wondering - i am divorced now - not with the eea family member any more.

dj25000

Post by dj25000 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:22 am

thanks for everybody's reply...i am now contacting EU embassies asking if they require my PR stamp endorsed in my passport...? so fat most of them says contact vfsglobal or whoever is dealing with there visa process now..

italian embassy replied....could be positive...awaiting more reply...

debby11
Newly Registered

Same Problem, Any Replies?

Post by debby11 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:17 am

dj25000 wrote:thanks for everybody's reply...i am now contacting EU embassies asking if they require my PR stamp endorsed in my passport...? so fat most of them says contact vfsglobal or whoever is dealing with there visa process now..

I am having thesame problem. I am so heart broken. Already have my holiday planned :(. Does Italy accept the paper form?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Same Problem, Any Replies?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:46 am

debby11 wrote:
dj25000 wrote:thanks for everybody's reply...i am now contacting EU embassies asking if they require my PR stamp endorsed in my passport...? so fat most of them says contact vfsglobal or whoever is dealing with there visa process now..

I am having thesame problem. I am so heart broken. Already have my holiday planned :(. Does Italy accept the paper form?
Which country are you having a problem with?

debby11
Newly Registered

Re: Same Problem, Any Replies?

Post by debby11 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:47 am

Which country are you having a problem with?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I am having the problem with France. Did you sort out the problem? if yes did Italy accept the paper document? what embassy did?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:25 pm

@ debby11

I did not have the original problem and we may need to see if the OP advises what they did. However, I had pointed out that a PR card (even if its not in a passport) is proof that one is resident in the UK and that one would be re-admitted. This should satisfy the requirements of the Schengen visa code.