ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA improving services

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TheGreenTea

UKBA improving services

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm

UKBA has created a survey on how to improve their services.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 2improving

Please contribute :-)

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Looks like they are not going to improve their services. Simply introduce more expensive premium and VIP (Std fee + £6000 :shock: ) services. The Standard service is still 6 months wait.

Of course I would opt for VIP service.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm

dimension7 wrote:Looks like they are not going to improve their services. Simply introduce more expensive premium and VIP (Std fee + £6000 :shock: ) services. The Standard service is still 6 months wait.

This is still available as super premium! They are planning to open a few more PEOs.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm

i think third option is the best same day decision by post or second option for £100 less.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 pm

uksettlement wrote:
dimension7 wrote:Looks like they are not going to improve their services. Simply introduce more expensive premium and VIP (Std fee + £6000 :shock: ) services. The Standard service is still 6 months wait.

This is still available as super premium! They are planning to open a few more PEOs.
Excellent News. If they could 5/10 more PEOs, inside local council buildings.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 pm

thanks for sharing this news and hope they might operate much better. :)
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Emrah wrote:i think third option is the best same day decision by post or second option for £100 less.
They will never do that. You have to use a SCS service and your decision is made with in 3 months for these applications. Less chances of rejection/refusal by UKBA.PEO and Premium services are the real Money making services for them.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue May 14, 2013 9:25 am

I think this is new:
Priority service
Submission of application form, documents and payment by post or online
Approx 3-4 weeks for ILR applications; approx 7 days for Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
Standard fee plus an additional fee of £275 per person
No?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 am

TheGreenTea wrote:I think this is new:
Priority service
Submission of application form, documents and payment by post or online
Approx 3-4 weeks for ILR applications; approx 7 days for Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
Standard fee plus an additional fee of £275 per person
No?
I like this service and it is valued if this service is implemented.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am

Kevin24 wrote:
Emrah wrote:i think third option is the best same day decision by post or second option for £100 less.
They will never do that. You have to use a SCS service and your decision is made with in 3 months for these applications. Less chances of rejection/refusal by UKBA.PEO and Premium services are the real Money making services for them.
If they say it they have to. They will make same money as peo service anyway. standard fee + £375 or £275 and they will decide within a month

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

I still don't get how this survey is about improving services.

I do not understand why it is that if they can decide an application in a day, or a week, or three weeks, should they make an applicant wait for 6 months (for ILR left hanging without returning their passport or travel document, confined in the UK) unless they pay more money? How is this an improvement in service?

How will it ever work? Take example if I have a very complicated case and I go for same day service and pay extra how will they decide my case same day if my case needs additional checks? So I will pay for service I don't actually receive. Same way if I have very simple case but I apply for postal service I must hang my hopes for 6 months to hear back? Ridiculous.

This survey is about how UKBA can better monetise the visa system and design a priority queuing system for those who are willing to pay more, without actually guaranteeing service standards.

greenapple369

Post by greenapple369 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:56 am

Hopefully, the priority service will be applied for 10-YEAR LR applicants as well.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 pm

Same thought here when I saw the survey.

I thought that I can rate their services, something like 0 = very poor, 10 = very good, etc. To Provide comments, feedback, suggestions, etc.

But it's about new service where they can extort more money from people who are now becoming more reluctant to apply by post.

Take my case for example, I waited 7 months to get mine and that's after I requested to expedite on compassionate ground. My case is very straightforward, 5 year work with same UK company, no ccj/fine/conviction, no gaps/absences problems, etc. On the week of approval, I called on Wednesday afternoon = still pending/pls continue to wait, called on Friday = package sent out on Thursday. Got it on Friday.

If I could go back in time, I would never send my application by post, never. I'd just pay the extra money for the same day service.

Now I always suggest to my friends to go for PEO route for their sanity.

They can always try to bring in new services but PLEASE make sure to improve existing services too.
dimension7 wrote:I still don't get how this survey is about improving services.

I do not understand why it is that if they can decide an application in a day, or a week, or three weeks, should they make an applicant wait for 6 months (for ILR left hanging without returning their passport or travel document, confined in the UK) unless they pay more money? How is this an improvement in service?

How will it ever work? Take example if I have a very complicated case and I go for same day service and pay extra how will they decide my case same day if my case needs additional checks? So I will pay for service I don't actually receive. Same way if I have very simple case but I apply for postal service I must hang my hopes for 6 months to hear back? Ridiculous.

This survey is about how UKBA can better monetise the visa system and design a priority queuing system for those who are willing to pay more, without actually guaranteeing service standards.