ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zak007
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Approved

Post by Zak007 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 am

Zak007 wrote:Further to last week approval of my wife's ILR under 10 years long residence, i wrote to UKBA and attached a copy of her biometric card. And today my biometric card was delivered. Below are my timeline,

Application sent:11-01-2013
Acknowledgement letter received:16-01-2013
Bio metrics enrolled:12-02-2013
FLR(M) Approved:23-04-2013
Biometric card received:25-04-2013
Supporting documents: Awaiting

Once again i would like to say a very big thank you to Damanishallo et al, and other senior members of this forum for your invaluable advice and suggestions.

Many thanks
Once again i would like to say a very big thank you to Damanishallo et al, and other senior members of this forum for your invaluable advice and contributions.

birdofpeace
Newly Registered

FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2013

Post by birdofpeace » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 am

I have been reading different people posts for a long time and then i thought I should also become a member.
This FLRM processing time is so painful and stressful.

Application submit 25-02-2013
Acknowledgement letter 26-02-2013
Money Taken 27-02-2013
First Biometric letter 15-03-2013
Biometric done 18-03-2013
Biometric gone wrong in the system and could not get recorded and 2nd letter for biometric 25-03-2013
Biometric done on 2-4-2013 as There were Easter holidays
they send a letter after Easter to our solicitor for additional documents.
Additional Documents send on 4-4-2013
NO reply from home office yet
Waiting Waiting waiting .
I cannot take stress it just make me have asthma attack . My husband is also in stress because of me and this is such a painful time. I know there are people who are also waiting more than us ..Hats Off to them as well.
I really pray for them and myself.
Also approaching MP is useless

If there are some expert people who can guide me. I will be really thankful to them .

Maliksahb

Re: Petition to ease immigration of British citizen spouses

Post by Maliksahb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:07 am

gdl wrote:Hello All,

Hope all of us support for this petition to be considered by showing support and frustration caused by UKBA.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34835

Please ask your friends and families...as many people as you possibly can...email this link to one and all... as huge numbers are still required for this petition to be considered.

Major numbers will come at this stage from others rather than actual applicants- and they should assist assuming someday in future they could be directly affected by this in action.

Regards

Signed and there are two more
Border controls insufficiently staffed
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33540

Do not hold Passport during Visa application process
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38375

I don't know either these think make any difference in UKBA or not

Maliksahb

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2013

Post by Maliksahb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am

birdofpeace wrote:I have been reading different people posts for a long time and then i thought I should also become a member.
This FLRM processing time is so painful and stressful.

Application submit 25-02-2013
Acknowledgement letter 26-02-2013
Money Taken 27-02-2013
First Biometric letter 15-03-2013
Biometric done 18-03-2013
Biometric gone wrong in the system and could not get recorded and 2nd letter for biometric 25-03-2013
Biometric done on 2-4-2013 as There were Easter holidays
they send a letter after Easter to our solicitor for additional documents.
Additional Documents send on 4-4-2013
NO reply from home office yet
Waiting Waiting waiting .
I cannot take stress it just make me have asthma attack . My husband is also in stress because of me and this is such a painful time. I know there are people who are also waiting more than us ..Hats Off to them as well.
I really pray for them and myself.
Also approaching MP is useless

If there are some expert people who can guide me. I will be really thankful to them .
You have submitted your application at the end of February 2013 and we have applied in Oct 2012 and still waiting. UKBA is complete mess.

DB12

Re: FLR-M Application

Post by DB12 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
surprise is on approval letter they have mentioned that my wife will have to complete 60months to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. my wife came to uk in 2009 on PSW dependant and she has also completed 2 years on tier-1 General (HSMP) dependant visa. that means she is qualified for indefinite leave to remain.

can anyone suggest me what to do next.

@ DB12,

Your wife qualifies for ILR:
Paragraph 319AA of the Immigration Rules confirms what a “Relevant points based system migrant” is i.e. a migrant granted leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. Therefore, leave as the partner of a person granted leave in one of these categories is appropriate for the indefinite leave requirements in paragraph 287(a).
Thank you Spidery_thread,

we also received her biometrics card today.

already booked appointment for SET-M in June.

MotherOfOne889
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by MotherOfOne889 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:58 pm

I have been waiting now for 6 moths. had my biometrics taken last month. i am applying for FLR(O) Very desperate at this point as my life its just sinking . how do people get on with life,when they are alone with kids and have no benefits ,no acces to work or education?? I feel like dying!!

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 am

Hi guys,

I have seen a few petitions here and there :D :D . Can members please help sign this one too..Very close to 10,000 signatures! Remember "There is strength in numbers and those numbers come in pounds" (Mike Berry).

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/t ... my-husband
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: waiting times

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 am

MotherOfOne889 wrote:I have been waiting now for 6 moths. had my biometrics taken last month. i am applying for FLR(O) Very desperate at this point as my life its just sinking . how do people get on with life,when they are alone with kids and have no benefits ,no acces to work or education?? I feel like dying!!
Sad to hear your story. I am unsure but you can try speaking to them.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:57 am

cityboy25 wrote:Hi Mate, I applied on Feb 6, 2012 and my case worker requested for more docs dated 10/1/13 and have posted the required docs via special delivery (next day) on 19/01/13 and now that i track the docs 3 days later is still saying ''Your item with reference A*************GB has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery.'', has anyone experienced such a situation before? please advice as d docs has deadline for submission.
Any update on your case?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

BRP Card recieved

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Guys

my Wife's BRP card recieved...

I got a missed delivery card yesterday.. phoned them and went and collected it at their depot today morning..

birdofpeace
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Card recieved

Post by birdofpeace » Thu May 02, 2013 10:48 am

congrats saanju
you are very lucky
for how long you had to wait for?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: BRP Card recieved

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 am

birdofpeace wrote:congrats saanju
you are very lucky
for how long you had to wait for?
for my 10 yr ILR it was 2 days short of 8 months.. and then for my wife's FLR(M).. which is already in post since Jan 21st 2013... it took 3 weeks after I got mine and her waiting time is ... 3 months...

FLR(M)s are being processed faster these days ... thanks to many people who complained and brought awareness...

RK001002
Newly Registered

waiting time

Post by RK001002 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:22 am

Hi All,

I received my ILR (SET O) and passport after 8 months and have to apply for FLR(M) for my wife, skydrive FLR timeline doesn't seem too bad and people seem to be getting FLR within 2 months but forum conversation seem to contradict that, can someone please answer two questions:

- what is current realistic waiting time for recent applicants?
- As a spouse do I have to send my passport and BPR card with my wife's FLR application? need a new job desperately can't afford to send away my passport for too long again.

Many thanks

Afiya
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Afiya » Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Hey everyone,
My lawyers recieved a letter from home office in response to us saying we would go for judicial review and according to basnet case they had failed to follow the law when refused my application, home office wanted an authority letter from me stating these lawyers were representing me. I hope it's a step forward and is redolved soon.

Meanwhile im applying for my son's nationality (he's almost 2) and my husband has ILR. Just wanted to know in that form, they need references signatures from a nationsl who knows the child on a social level and one on a professional level like a teacher or dentist. Can i get it signed from his gp? GP isn't mentoned in the list but i think it should be ok. Can someone kindly let me know about this.
Thanks
Afiys

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi All,
Thank you for all the member of forum family. You all helped me to keep my family in this country.
Here is my wife's FLR(M) timeline;
Application sent: 30/03/2013
Biometric letter received: 19/04/2013
Biometric done: 20/04/2013
FLR(M) approval date: 25/04/2013
Approval letter received: 27/04/2013
BRP received: 29/04/2013
Its look very quick as it arrived in 4 weeks.
My wife is given 2.5 years dependent as she come under new rule 9 July 2012. I have to sponsor her again in 2.5 years time. I just wonder If I have any problem with my amount of income or the job at the time of second extension, is there any alternative way to her to extend her visa? could anyone help me to be prepaired?
My wife is living in the UK with me since September 2008, but she never been dependent on me instead I have been dependent on her until I get my ILR.
Thank you.

birdofpeace
Newly Registered

FLRM waiting

Post by birdofpeace » Tue May 07, 2013 9:41 am

Today I called home office. Its been over 4 weeks since I got my Biometrics done. My daughter is sick back home and she is only 6 years old and i got worried for her a lot. As this whole process has taken a lot of time I wanted to change my application from postal to Premium but the lady said you cant covert or ammend the application from postal to premium. My daughter is sick. I cant do anything. Cant go backs it seems like stuck. :((((
Shall i fax homeoffice? Any suggesstions please. I have no patience.

Maliksahb

Re: FLRM waiting

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 am

birdofpeace wrote:Today I called home office. Its been over 4 weeks since I got my Biometrics done. My daughter is sick back home and she is only 6 years old and i got worried for her a lot. As this whole process has taken a lot of time I wanted to change my application from postal to Premium but the lady said you cant covert or ammend the application from postal to premium. My daughter is sick. I cant do anything. Cant go backs it seems like stuck. :((((

I have already tried these things but UKBA does care who is ill because that ill person does not belong to them. They said they only expedite application when matter of life or death.

If you can get doctor letter then they may consider. fax them

FLR (M)
Customer Contact Centre,
UK Border Agency, PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA
Tel: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 5861 or use 01142072536 (working)
Email: Accessionenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: FLRM waiting

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 pm

birdofpeace wrote:Today I called home office. Its been over 4 weeks since I got my Biometrics done. My daughter is sick back home and she is only 6 years old and i got worried for her a lot. As this whole process has taken a lot of time I wanted to change my application from postal to Premium but the lady said you cant covert or ammend the application from postal to premium. My daughter is sick. I cant do anything. Cant go backs it seems like stuck. :((((
Get Doctor or hospital letters and anything related to her health and then contact your MP. If your MP is good enough and wants your vote they will help you immediately

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:04 pm

My Wife joined me on 6th June 2011 on a Tier 1 General dependent visa

FLR(M) applied - 21/01/2013
Acknowledgement - 28/01/2013
Biometrics received - 11-02-2013
Bio - Done - 12-02-2013
BRP received - 30-04-2013
Docs received - 02-05-2013

Could some one please update the skydrives please

rassell
Newly Registered

Set m

Post by rassell » Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi
Thanks to all,hope everybody will get good news
Can anyone advice me about British citizenship ,
I came to uk as a student on
13 December 2009
Got married to British citizen
Applied for FLR m. 30/5/2012
Visa recevied on 15/02/2013
For two years which expire on 13/2/2015
(Previous rule July 2012)
I know I can apply fir indefinite befor my visa expire
My question is,when I can apply for British citizenship ?becouse
It will b 5 years in uk at 2015'
Do I need to wait another 1 year after getting indifinate leave??

shahab99

Post by shahab99 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Can any one help me with my queries please.
I got ILR on 10 years long residency and have applied for my wife and my daughter who was born here on FLR M by post.when i was posting this form the same day i received my ILR approval letter which I have attached with the form.
My first question is do i need to send my original passport and bio metric card to support this application? or can i send the photocopies.

Second question is my wife has been living with me since June ,2009 in the UK. After her extension approval on FLRM will she be eligible for ILR?

Thanks

Shahab

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:13 am

saanju9 wrote:My Wife joined me on 6th June 2011 on a Tier 1 General dependent visa

FLR(M) applied - 21/01/2013
Acknowledgement - 28/01/2013
Biometrics received - 11-02-2013
Bio - Done - 12-02-2013
BRP received - 30-04-2013
Docs received - 02-05-2013

Could some one please update the skydrives please
Can someone please update these details on the skydrive.. I couldn't do it by myself

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 pm

shahab99 wrote:Can any one help me with my queries please.
I got ILR on 10 years long residency and have applied for my wife and my daughter who was born here on FLR M by post.when i was posting this form the same day i received my ILR approval letter which I have attached with the form.
My first question is do i need to send my original passport and bio metric card to support this application? or can i send the photocopies.

Second question is my wife has been living with me since June ,2009 in the UK. After her extension approval on FLRM will she be eligible for ILR?

Thanks

Shahab
Hi Shahab....I applied for my ILR on the basis of 10 yr long residency in on 24th Aug 2012 and on the same day I also applied for my wife and children's FLR(M). I received my ILR on the 3rd May13 and called UKBA as they sent me all my original documents. They advised me to send my original passport along with all the documents back to UKBA to make a decision on my family member's application. I think that you should also contact UKBA and ask them if they need any further info.....

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 8:49 am

mrgsingh wrote:
shahab99 wrote:Can any one help me with my queries please.

Thanks

Shahab
Hi Shahab....I applied for my ILR on the basis of 10 yr long residency in on 24th Aug 2012 and on the same day I also applied for my wife and children's FLR(M). I received my ILR on the 3rd May13 and called UKBA as they sent me all my original documents. They advised me to send my original passport along with all the documents back to UKBA to make a decision on my family member's application. I think that you should also contact UKBA and ask them if they need any further info.....

I have also applied for ILR and same day FLR(M) for my spouse. My application is still pending but i want to know is UKBA return documents to main applicant or they send FLR(M) dept for spouse??
In your case they sent you back your papers then is it the way ukba works? or only in your case?

saanju9
Member of Standing

Don't need to send your documents

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi guys

I applied my wife's FLR(M) mid way through I am waiting for my ILR 10 yrs
application.

I didn't send my docs back and I got my wife's FLR(M) approval within 3 weeks after I got mine

I called UKBA and they said their systems will alert the caseworker whose handling the FLR(M) that my SET(O) application has been approved

So you don't need to send them back the docs.... the only think you need to do is make sure your SET(O) reference number is correctly written on the FLR(M) application and good cover letter for FLR(M) application.
And if sending them both at the same time make sure you write a good cover letter with all relevant details of the SET(O) applicant

Well.. give them a call if your not convinced and but if your sending the original docs, do send them to correct address. please cross check with other sources... some of the UKBA customer service agents have a proven track record of being dump shit.

Half the time they will give you incorrect advise. and that's been proven time and time again