ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA + Royal Mail = Brilliant combination ... not!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thk

UKBA + Royal Mail = Brilliant combination ... not!

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 am

Phoned the UKBA yesterday as it was our 6 month deadline date only to be told the EEA2 FP (and all our documents) had been sent on the 2nd May - nearly 2 weeks ago. They gave me a tracking number (which doesn't match the £11 SAE Special Delivery I sent them to return our documents in) and all of our documents have now disappeared. Thanks UKBA + Royal Mail, you're wonderful.

Now we have to wait whilst they "investigate". In the mean-time it's quite possible that someone has access to our entire life, original passports, visa, bank statements, birth certificates etc. etc. everything anyone could need to do whatever they want with out details, take out loans, drain out bank accounts etc etc. I'm so happy that the UKBA decided to send our life through the post in a totally unsecured way. That just takes their incompetence to a whole other level.

To make matters even better, yesterday my wife's mother was rushed into hospital for a serious emergency operation and this leaves my wife with no way of getting back to her mother, and because the RM have lost her passport we no idea how long it will be before she can get another one from the embassy as the RM has to confirm it as lost first. The UKBA honestly haven't got a clue about normal peoples lives and the effect that confiscating a passport for 6 months has.

Aaaaaaargh!!! Sorry, I know there isn't much point to this post, but I had to have a rant somewhere!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 15, 2013 10:55 am

Did UKBA actually say it left their offices on the 2nd of May?

Normally, it takes post 1-2 weeks to actually leave the dispatch unit from the moment the CW closes the file and pass it to the dispatch unit.

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 10:58 am

Jambo wrote:Did UKBA actually say it left their offices on the 2nd of May?

Normally, it takes post 1-2 weeks to actually leave the dispatch unit from the moment the CW closes the file and pass it to the dispatch unit.
Thanks.

That's kind of what I'm clinging onto (I've heard that said before) but the lady who I spoke to this morning at the UKBA - who was actually someone who could give a ****, unlike most of the rest of them, went away for quite a while and did say it had been posted out. I'm still hoping that it might just turn up in the post. I've send off an urgent fax to the caseworker to investigate. Trying to stay positive, here's hoping, but it's not easy at the hands of the UKBA!

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Jambo wrote:Did UKBA actually say it left their offices on the 2nd of May?

Just had our local MP's office speak to the UKBA. They confirmed it was actually send from the dispatch dept. on the 2nd May.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:34 pm

thk wrote:Just had our local MP's office speak to the UKBA. They confirmed it was actually send from the dispatch dept. on the 2nd May.
What does it actually say on Royal Mail's website when you enter the tracking number?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 12:37 pm

flipper77 wrote:
thk wrote:Just had our local MP's office speak to the UKBA. They confirmed it was actually send from the dispatch dept. on the 2nd May.
What does it actually say on Royal Mail's website when you enter the tracking number?
Royal Mail say that Recorded isn't tracked, they can only tell when it has been delivered. I phoned them up and they said because it was sent from the UKBA who have a collection rather than hand it over to the Post Office, they can't even know if it has been actually received into their system!

Why the hell they couldn't use the Special Delivery service, regardless of whether I sent an envelope (which I did) or not is totally beyond me when so many important documents are contained in one single envelope.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:46 pm

I am very much upset from this incident. UKBA usually send the documents via 2nd class recorded delivery which does not need signature and it is very usual in now a days that postmen deliver the package at wrong door. Just as a precaution i will suggest you to firstly inquire from your next doors neighbours and also visit your local mail sorting unit too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 1:46 pm

sheraz7 wrote:I am very much upset from this incident. UKBA usually send the documents via 2nd class recorded delivery which does not need signature and it is very usual in now a days that postmen deliver the package at wrong door. Just as a precaution i will suggest you to firstly inquire from your next doors neighbours and also visit your local mail sorting unit too.
Thanks, I went around about 20 neighbours last night and was at the post office sorting office, who were very good in checking the depot out. Nothing there unfortunately.

We can't register it as lost until the 24th May as it was send 2nd class, another week of waiting for (probably) nothing.

After all the stress of the past 6 months waiting and dealing with the UKBA this just isn't what you need.

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Wed May 15, 2013 3:52 pm

This is terrible!! Im terrified as well since...when I wanted to get my NI number..they sent it 3 times..and I just recieve 1 of them!!
Now that Im waiting for my COA Im really thrilled :O
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 15, 2013 10:26 pm

If you wanted your documents return via special delivery, then you may enclose a paid self-address special delivery envelope with your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Remain positive, they usually use 2nd class sign-for. At least you will know in a few days whether or not it was delivered (if not to your home). Hope it get delivers to your's soon.

Best wishes
[Moderator Edit]

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 pm

vinny wrote:If you wanted your documents return via special delivery, then you may enclose a paid self-address special delivery envelope with your application.
If you read my post, you'll see that is exactly what I did. The UKBA obviously just ignored it and did whatever they wanted!

thk

Post by thk » Wed May 15, 2013 10:37 pm

sjimoh112 wrote:Remain positive, they usually use 2nd class sign-for. At least you will know in a few days whether or not it was delivered (if not to your home). Hope it get delivers to your's soon.

Best wishes
Thanks. We're trying!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu May 16, 2013 12:16 am

when UKBA posted back my passport and my daughters passport, it was sent first class (standard)... like yourself, i sent paid for SD envelopes, they later posted back our marriage certificate in a SD envelope... (not the one we sent).

bit of a joke really... - i agree... send a paid for envelope... but why dont they use it...

i suggest contacting compensation dept... I've filed with them for the penalty for my wfies passport renewal being late... we also had to go to london a SECOND TIME... (they wont post late renewals out)... thus, she incured £20 fine, then travel expenses for the second trip...

i told rob whiteman in one of my emails and he said this:
You indicate that as your wife’s passport has expired during the period it was in our care, its
renewal will incur the charge of an additional £20; a cost you wish the Home Office to cover.
Should you wish to pursue your claim for compensation, please write to the address below
providing full reasons and evidence of your claim. The team will deal with this request and
contact you directly in relation to the outcome:
North West Correspondence Team – Compensation
Department 16
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
note: consequential losses... its not just the cost of renewing passports, but the time / effort taken to actually do so... - did you need to take a day from work to travel... ETC

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 am

May you get the documents, i am worried myself now as i been told on the phone my application has been successful. waiting now i am

AC89
Newly Registered

Post by AC89 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I am in very similar situation and would be glad if anyone can give me some direction about what to do.

Last friday I have received a letter from UKBA which had part of my original documents attached (it was dated 29th of August). The latter was stating: please find enclosed the REMAINING documents from you recent EEA application. While this particular letter included the not-so important documents (like the evidence of my wife's self-employment), the language indicates that other documents have been sent as well. Other documents are our passports, marriage certificate, bank statements, etc... I called the UKBA and they confirmed that there has been another package dispatched to me on 19th of August. I have not received this one and because it has been sent with the 2nd class mail, they are not able to tell its whereabouts. Its freaking me out, because I have been waiting for this documents for 8 months (2 month over the normal deadline) and now it is Lost?! they must be kidding me.

What they suggested me to do is to write back to the address that the 29th of August letter was sent from and inform them that I have not received the package sent on 19th of August.

If you guys have any suggestions about what can I do in this situation please give me a shout.

thk - have you received your documents? how did your story end?

AC89
Newly Registered

Post by AC89 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm

I am in very similar situation and would be glad if anyone can give me some direction about what to do.

Last friday I have received a letter from UKBA which had part of my original documents attached (it was dated 29th of August). The latter was stating: please find enclosed the REMAINING documents from you recent EEA application. While this particular letter included the not-so important documents (like the evidence of my wife's self-employment), the language indicates that other documents have been sent as well. Other documents are our passports, marriage certificate, bank statements, etc... I called the UKBA and they confirmed that there has been another package dispatched to me on 19th of August. I have not received this one and because it has been sent with the 2nd class mail, they are not able to tell its whereabouts. Its freaking me out, because I have been waiting for this documents for 8 months (2 month over the normal deadline) and now it is Lost?! they must be kidding me.

What they suggested me to do is to write back to the address that the 29th of August letter was sent from and inform them that I have not received the package sent on 19th of August.

If you guys have any suggestions about what can I do in this situation please give me a shout.

thk - have you received your documents? how did your story end?