ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Engineer - Professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arupmohan
Newly Registered

Engineer - Professional referee

Post by arupmohan » Wed May 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Could you please someone help us for professional referee?

My colleague holding Engineer degree and working as consultancy firm and member of relevant institue (Charated Engineer), Can he act as a professional referee?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 15, 2013 2:06 pm

See this.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 am

I am curious on the same subject when it comes to using engineers as referees. Does the engineer have to be chartered (CEng) or can they simple be a member of an institution (MIHE etc.)

The list states Engineer (with professional qualifications) - is being a member of some institution counted as a professional qualification or does the engineer need to be chartered?

Thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 am

Being a member of an engineering institute implies being chartered.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Being a member of an engineering institute implies being chartered.
Not true. I am a member of two professional institutions but I am not chartered.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 am

As long as they have associate and above membership of recognised body such as IMechE etc. it should be fine.

Chartered membership is not a must.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.