ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa financial requirement- CAT A: combining incomes?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kadian
Newly Registered

Spouse visa financial requirement- CAT A: combining incomes?

Post by Kadian » Wed May 15, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm going to sound a bit silly but can someone clear this up for me.

Can the applicant(who is legally in the UK and working) and sponsor's income be combined when applying under Cat A?

My partner (the applicant) works full time (salaried) but falls short of the £18,600 requirement.

I work part time on an hourly rate (non-salaried?) and will have been working just over 6 months by the time we apply for our spouse visa. Together our incomes combined makes over the requirement. This still applies when calculating my annual income through 6 months wage slips.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Yes:
E-LTRP.3.2. When determining whether the financial requirement in paragraph ELTRP.

3.1. is met only the following sources may be taken into account-

(a) income of the partner from specified employment or self-employment;
(b) income of the applicant from specified employment or self-employment unless they are working illegally;
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... a-partner/

Sorry, just editing to confirm that the above is for applications for leave to remain inside the UK. If it's a visa application (from outside the UK) then you can't combine incomes: it's the sponsor's employment income only.

Kadian
Newly Registered

Post by Kadian » Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you for the update!

I only make about a few hundred per month in my part time work whilst my hubby is the main breadwinner. I was panicking as I just read somewhere that regardless of whatever income the applicant (husband) was making legally in the UK that it is entirely up to the sponsor(me) who has to be making £18,600 to fulfill the applicant's requirements for the visa.

Would you happen to know if there are any other specified evidence I would be required to give besides my 6 months worth of wage slips/bank statements to show income?
Someone mentioned that I would need a letter from my employer stating employment type (i.e permanent, fixed contract or agency) and start date etc? Does this mean temporary jobs don't count (UKBA don't mention anything on this)?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Kadian wrote:Thank you for the update!

I only make about a few hundred per month in my part time work whilst my hubby is the main breadwinner. I was panicking as I just read somewhere that regardless of whatever income the applicant (husband) was making legally in the UK that it is entirely up to the sponsor(me) who has to be making £18,600 to fulfill the applicant's requirements for the visa.

Would you happen to know if there are any other specified evidence I would be required to give besides my 6 months worth of wage slips/bank statements to show income?
Someone mentioned that I would need a letter from my employer stating employment type (i.e permanent, fixed contract or agency) and start date etc? Does this mean temporary jobs don't count (UKBA don't mention anything on this)?
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary page 26
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.