ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP --> Tier 1 (G) --> ILR Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

pegakrishna

WP --> Tier 1 (G) --> ILR Eligibility

Post by pegakrishna » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am

Hello members / seniors,

Those who came on WP and then switch to Tier 1 (g) and got ILR recently.

I'm hoping someone will answers my queries below. Thanks in Advance.

Scenario - I came to UK as a work permit holder on August 2008 and UK Entry Clearance Date starts from 18 July 2008. Then, I switched to Tier 1 (G) in June 2010 - Till Date.

1. Can I apply ILR 28 days before 18 July 2013 ?

2. While I was on work permit period in 2008, I was with different employer and i'm about ask my ex-employer for Annual Paid Absences Letter, I can see the some of threads referring to SOC code and etc those who are on WP holders. Since I switched to Tier 1 (G).

Do I need to get SOC code mentioned in ex-employer letter ?
Is this applicable to me ?

Please advise.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: WP --> Tier 1 (G) --> ILR Eligibility

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:08 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Those who came on WP and then switch to Tier 1 (g) and got ILR recently.

I'm hoping someone will answers my queries below. Thanks in Advance.

Scenario - I came to UK as a work permit holder on August 2008 and UK Entry Clearance Date starts from 18 July 2008. Then, I switched to Tier 1 (G) in June 2010 - Till Date.

1. Can I apply ILR 28 days before 18 July 2013 ?

2. While I was on work permit period in 2008, I was with different employer and i'm about ask my ex-employer for Annual Paid Absences Letter, I can see the some of threads referring to SOC code and etc those who are on WP holders. Since I switched to Tier 1 (G). Do I need to get SOC code mentioned in ex-employer letter ?
Is this applicable to me ?
1) Yes, so long as you meet all other requirements for ILR including the annual absence thresholds.
2) You do not need to get a letter confirming your SOC code as you will now be applying for ILR as a Tier 1 General Migrant & not a WP Holder.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks cs95tdg for your inputs.

Yes, I met other requirements + annual leave thresholds - I have less than 180 out of UK days last 5 years.

georgy1

document template

Post by georgy1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 am

hi pegakrishna

I am in same situation can you provide me with a template for leave absence document to be get from ex employee

manishbhatt1000

Post by manishbhatt1000 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 am

hi ,
i am in same situation but can't get a letter from my ex-employer.
can write a letter myself explaining the absence. can anyone please post a template for it. It's urgent a my appointment is on monday noon.

thanks

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:44 am

Please refer Sticky Template on Employer Letter absence and modify the format as per your requirements.

I have followed the same template and got the letter from ex-employer and I knew a person who followed the same template and got ILR too. so, No worries

nanmoom

OLD WP & SETTLEMENT

Post by nanmoom » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi All,

A penny just dropped and need some clarity.
In April 2008 , i successfully obtained an International Graduate Scheme which expired in 28.2.09. This was overlapped with obtaining a old WP on 22.12.08 which my husband is a defendant but arrived in the country in March 2011. We have been married for 2 years 9 months.

Q1. Its been 5 years including the IGS therefore could i apply under WP route for settlement. I am concerned with the waiting time for the 10 year rule which might take me to 8 months wait i am guessing. The possible pressure from employer in relation to a fixed term contract as a social worker.

Q2. If i meet the requirements could i include my husband as a dependant.

Is the IGS considered as part of the continuous 5 year period.

A response will be useful.

georgy1

Applying ILR after 6 April 2013.

Post by georgy1 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi I would be applying for ILR this year under new rule change after 06th April 2013.

My bg( 2 year on WP(work permit) and 3year(Tier 1) currently hold it.

My questions are regarding absences of leave from UK.

1) Do i need a letter from my previous company that is when i was working on WP for this and dose that letter mentioned the salary paid to me ?
Also what are implication if could not get it for any reason like in my case its 3 year back and if they didn't hold that record now?

2) Do i need provide a same letter for when i was working on Tier 1 self employed if so is it need on my company letter head or just simple letter is enough?

3) One confusion i have is i have traveled outside uk over the weekend and came in before Monday do i need to get this in letter as it is not absences from work but yes out of UK ?

Also if some one can provide a template in both case (WP) and Tier 1 is most appreciated thanks in advance.

nanmoom

Re: Applying ILR after 6 April 2013.

Post by nanmoom » Thu May 16, 2013 6:24 am

@All

To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: xx xx 2010

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain – SET (O)

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX was employed by Company’s Name in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He was employed from Date to Date as a Job Title.

During his employment he was required by the company to travel to Country’s Name on business assignments. He was required to work in Country’s Name from Date to Date. While abroad he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on
<Employer Phone No>.

Yours faithfully

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 pm

thanks for this but it would be great if you can answer by questions too.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Applying ILR after 6 April 2013.

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 pm

georgy1 wrote:Hi I would be applying for ILR this year under new rule change after 06th April 2013.

My bg( 2 year on WP(work permit) and 3year(Tier 1) currently hold it.

My questions are regarding absences of leave from UK.

1) Do i need a letter from my previous company that is when i was working on WP for this and dose that letter mentioned the salary paid to me ?
Also what are implication if could not get it for any reason like in my case its 3 year back and if they didn't hold that record now?

2) Do i need provide a same letter for when i was working on Tier 1 self employed if so is it need on my company letter head or just simple letter is enough?

3) One confusion i have is i have traveled outside uk over the weekend and came in before Monday do i need to get this in letter as it is not absences from work but yes out of UK ?

Also if some one can provide a template in both case (WP) and Tier 1 is most appreciated thanks in advance.
1. Some CW s have been asking for this letter from Previous Employer.Good if you could get this.
2. Letter has to be on Company's Letter Head.You will be signing sas Director or some body else?
3. You don't need an Employer's letter for these absences. But you have to record these Exit/Entry From/To UK in the SET O Form. Are there many of these absences? If so write a personal note listing out the absences .
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks kevin,
In-case i could get the letter from previous company is P60 and P45 enough so say that i was working with them and was on vacation?

Regards,

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

georgy1 wrote:Thanks kevin,
In-case i could get the letter from previous company is P60 and P45 enough so say that i was working with them and was on vacation?

Regards,
P60 and P45 are additonal proof that you were working for Previous Employer.
KEVIN

vijaybhaiuna
Newly Registered

Re: Set O form; Section 3 page 9

Post by vijaybhaiuna » Wed May 22, 2013 11:17 am

Hi,

Can someone please advise what shall I fill in the
Set (O) form; Section 3 page 9. I got HSMP approval in Mar 2008; but got leave as a Tier 1 General 3 years + 2 years Tier 1 general extension.

I am really confused as I am a Highly Skilled Migrant with an HSMP approval letter but all leave as a Tier 1 General.

Many thanks in advance.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Set O form; Section 3 page 9

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:48 pm

vijaybhaiuna wrote:Hi,

Can someone please advise what shall I fill in the
Set (O) form; Section 3 page 9. I got HSMP approval in Mar 2008; but got leave as a Tier 1 General 3 years + 2 years Tier 1 general extension.

I am really confused as I am a Highly Skilled Migrant with an HSMP approval letter but all leave as a Tier 1 General.

Many thanks in advance.
My understanding is that you need to fill the SET O form as a Tier 1 applicant. Let some one else comment too.
KEVIN