ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

ILR questions

Post by mtuckersa » Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 am

I have a few questions after searching the forum and the internet

1. Regarding Proof of Absences for ILR
If you aren't out of the country more than a total of 180 days a year and also no single trip is longer than 90 days do I have to bother with a fancy spreadsheet showing all the dates I travelled? Look I was only out of the country a maximum of 50 days in any year and UKBA should have this info from their databases not so?

2. What is the earliest I can apply for ILR.
I got my entrance clearance on the 27th Aug 2008, entered UK on the 17th Sept 2008. So I calculate using teh 28 day rule to that been the 21st Aug 2013 as the earliest date to apply. But reading the other rule about the period between entry clearance and entering the UK, that this can count towards the qualifying period would then bring that date forward to the 1st August 2013 to do an ILR app. Now what would you recommend go for the 1st Aug 2013 or play it safe for the 21st Aug 2013. Bear in mind the 21st Aug 2013 date leaves me only 7 day window before my visa expires on the 27th Aug 2013.

3. I saw another rule about applying 28 days after visa expires.
Does this rule also apply? If so would that put the possible last day to apply on the 23rd September 2013?

If you apply all these rules it actually means you have a fairly large window to apply in. But I want to be realistic at the same time.
Keep it simple!

pegakrishna

Re: ILR questions

Post by pegakrishna » Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am

mtuckersa wrote:I have a few questions after searching the forum and the internet

1. Regarding Proof of Absences for ILR
If you aren't out of the country more than a total of 180 days a year and also no single trip is longer than 90 days do I have to bother with a fancy spreadsheet showing all the dates I travelled? Look I was only out of the country a maximum of 50 days in any year and UKBA should have this info from their databases not so?

2. What is the earliest I can apply for ILR.
I got my entrance clearance on the 27th Aug 2008, entered UK on the 17th Sept 2008. So I calculate using teh 28 day rule to that been the 21st Aug 2013 as the earliest date to apply. But reading the other rule about the period between entry clearance and entering the UK, that this can count towards the qualifying period would then bring that date forward to the 1st August 2013 to do an ILR app. Now what would you recommend go for the 1st Aug 2013 or play it safe for the 21st Aug 2013. Bear in mind the 21st Aug 2013 date leaves me only 7 day window before my visa expires on the 27th Aug 2013.

3. I saw another rule about applying 28 days after visa expires.
Does this rule also apply? If so would that put the possible last day to apply on the 23rd September 2013?

If you apply all these rules it actually means you have a fairly large window to apply in. But I want to be realistic at the same time.
#1 - There is NO requirement to submit separate letter because you will mention it in SET(O) form to list your UK Absences. It's a nice to have..choice is yours

#2 - Yes, you can apply 28 days before 5 ILR qualifying period 27 Aug 2013. Refer this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133890