ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 14, 2013 8:33 am

In the replies, they do not say explicitly that they're expediting your case?

In my case, I received a reply within the hour that my case has been forwarded to the Liverpool office to expedite.
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:When did you send it and when did you get the reply?
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:Hi Maliksahb,

I e-mailed them

Did you ever get a written reply from them?

Yes got letter from them but it looks like more generic letter. I did sent my email to ALL of them as well but they replied about expediting but nothing happened until now. I have same situation as you have. Asked them to consider at compassionate base...

By post i sent 4 weeks before and by email i sent after you mentioned here (10 days i think)it but both time got scripted answers.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 8:36 am

samriti2u wrote:Hi Onabanjo, Peet77 and other users,

Most Oct, 2012 applicants may expect to hear in next few weeks.

I'll request all those expecting not to panic and hold on for few more weeks.

You may keep pressing your case in parallel but don't lose your sleeps. I know it can get very stressful at times but remember you've done what ever you could have? and there few things in our lives which are beyond our control.

So, keep yourself busy with other stuff and you'll hear postman ring soon.

Best of luck to all.
Hi samriti2u,

How can you say Oct cases are on now? Have you read something ??. All people who are getting their cases they have expedited in someway.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 am

Guys,

If anyone has sent an email to the Liverpool office requesting to expedite the application, what is their email address?

I have posted my request yesterday but I want to email them as well.

Thanks,

gmx

skydrive

Post by gmx » Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Please find below the links for various timelines and the procedure to deal with the spread sheet.
I've used a few members details on it as a sample.

How do I put application timeline on skydrive?

Skydrive for ILR Excluding 10/14 Yrs

Skydrive for FLR(M)

Skydrive for Naturalization

Skydrive for British Passport

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between as this could affect the graphs to the right. Once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, the table can be sorted by "Application Sent Date" (Column B) Ascending and then by "Passport Returned"(Column G) Ascending.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 14, 2013 10:08 am

hi cpf,

this is the only one I know, RApps.PEO-LIV@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk , I sent e-mail to this address but never receive a reply.
cpf wrote:Guys,

If anyone has sent an email to the Liverpool office requesting to expedite the application, what is their email address?

Thanks,

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks,
We complained to Rob Whitman at rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 am

Maliksahb wrote:

Thanks,
Thanks gmx and Maliksahb.

Maliksahb: When you email them, did you provide any evidence to show your resons to speed up the application?

Have a look in the information pages received with the Bio-metric enrolment letter, there it says to provide evidence.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 am

cpf wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

Thanks,
Thanks gmx and Maliksahb.

Maliksahb: When you email them, did you provide any evidence to show your resons to speed up the application?

Have a look in the information pages received with the Bio-metric enrolment letter, there it says to provide evidence.
Hi CPF,

You can write simple complain about delay and its effects on your life as well but If you have any evidence then its better to include it like life or death related, air tickets, business related matters etc

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 am

gmx wrote:In the replies, they do not say explicitly that they're expediting your case?

In my case, I received a reply within the hour that my case has been forwarded to the Liverpool office to expedite.
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:When did you send it and when did you get the reply?
Maliksahb wrote:
Yes got letter from them but it looks like more generic letter. I did sent my email to ALL of them as well but they replied about expediting but nothing happened until now. I have same situation as you have. Asked them to consider at compassionate base...

By post i sent 4 weeks before and by email i sent after you mentioned here (10 days i think)it but both time got scripted answers.
[/quote]

In one letter they said that UKBA hired more staff and cases will speedup now. Anyhow you were lucky who got quick response.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Something like this?

Code: Select all

"Firstly on behalf of the Home Office I would like to apologise for the delay in processing the applications for your family. I am afraid that over the past 12 months the number of applications we are receiving has been higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking us longer than we would wish to process them. We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times."
That's the first reply I received. I then replied back with the clear intention to expedite my case with all the evidence.

I hope you and others will get yours within this month.
Maliksahb wrote: In one letter they said that UKBA hired more staff and cases will speedup now. Anyhow you were lucky who got quick response.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 14, 2013 1:47 pm

gmx wrote:Something like this?

Code: Select all

"Firstly on behalf of the Home Office I would like to apologise for the delay in processing the applications for your family. I am afraid that over the past 12 months the number of applications we are receiving has been higher than anticipated and consequently it is taking us longer than we would wish to process them. We have recruited additional staff to assist us in reducing waiting times."
That's the first reply I received. I then replied back with the clear intention to expedite my case with all the evidence.

I hope you and others will get yours within this month.
Maliksahb wrote: In one letter they said that UKBA hired more staff and cases will speedup now. Anyhow you were lucky who got quick response.

Yes exactly the same wording... But i did not reply back rather then i sent a new email with ill health evidence but general scripted reply.

Thanks for helping, I am going for Ombudsman complain soon if i don't get anything this week.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 am

Hi All,

So finally a good news from my side. I got My ILR today after 7.5 months almost.
Thanks to every one specially gmx, samriti2u who helped me a lot. Best wishes for other who are still waiting.

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 am

Congrats Maliksahb!

Hopefully I'll get some news this week as I'm hoping to go away for the long weekend next week!

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am

Congratulations Maliksahb! :D :D :D

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 am

Congrats!!!

All the best for the other Oct applicants still waiting
Maliksahb wrote:Hi All,

So finally a good news from my side. I got My ILR today after 7.5 months almost.
Thanks to every one specially gmx, samriti2u who helped me a lot. Best wishes for other who are still waiting.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 am

Maliksahb wrote:Hi All,

Congratulations! very good news indeed.

I hope I will hear from them soon.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks every one. I think Oct application are on their way now.

My Wife FLR M application is still pending , They return my ILR only.

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 am

@Maliksahb, your wife' s flr should be on its way.

wordable

Post by wordable » Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Congratulations Maliksahb! :D :D :D

raoghere
Newly Registered

Post by raoghere » Thu May 16, 2013 7:52 am

@Damanisshallo....

have you got response on your SET (O) application?????
my application is also similar ...student+psw+dependent.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 am

Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Maliksahb

Congats!!!!!
I told you didn't I ?
Disclaimer: I am not an immigration lawyer or a regulated OISC adviser. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 am

samriti2u wrote:Hi Maliksahb

Congats!!!!!
I told you didn't I ?

Yes its true samriti2u. My journey did not finish yet. Now waiting for spouse FLR M and need to apply for baby as well. Its time to move on FLR M forum now :-)

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 am

All the best Maliksahb!
Maliksahb wrote:
samriti2u wrote:Hi Maliksahb

Congats!!!!!
I told you didn't I ?

Yes its true samriti2u. My journey did not finish yet. Now waiting for spouse FLR M and need to apply for baby as well. Its time to move on FLR M forum now :-)

barua

Post by barua » Sat May 18, 2013 9:25 pm

barua wrote:Hello friends,
I applied for tier 1 ILR 5 year SET O on 2nd October 2012. Had biometrics done on dec 20th. I haven't heard anything yet.
And my Indian passport is expiring in 45 days. I am getting worried. What's my situation?
I'm in no hurry to travel, so will this expiry date impact decision on my ILR?
If I get ILR after passport expiry date, can I apply for new Indian passport being in UK or do I have to travel back to India to apply for renewal?
I am confused, please advise what's the best thing to do now?
Anyone in similar situation?
Thanks ,
Mrs Barua
All, I got my ILR approval letter and all documents. Missed the BPR courier so have arranged for rede livery on Monday. Thanks for this forum, all it's members and moderators. Wishing all those waiting the very best.
Thanks,
MrsBarua