ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So annoyed with the UKBA!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

syed_ILR

So annoyed with the UKBA!!!

Post by syed_ILR » Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

I am applying for ILR next week and I also booked Tier1 appointment just in case. Paid 100 pounds each for the appointments.

I just checked my email and I got an email from the Tier1 PEO asking me to confirm again if I am attending the appointment and confirm my details again. If I don't reply to that email in 24 hours they will cancel my appointment!

Wtf!!! Why would I pay 100 pounds if I have to confirm this again. What if I did not check the email and something went wrong with my ILR.

Anyone has a clue what's going on ??

They treat us like we are crap!!! They can do anything and everything whenever they feel like...

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Better to check regularly the email account and the news & updates until the day of peo appointment.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sat May 18, 2013 6:50 am

I got email once I paid 100GBP ... email was exactly same as the one I received immediately after booking online.

Call the same number you call to pay fee ... it is easy to get hold of them .. and ask them to confirm your payment.

Secondly .. keep logging in regularly to make sure your appointment is ACTIVE ....

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: So annoyed with the UKBA!!!

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:21 am

syed_ILR wrote:I am applying for ILR next week and I also booked Tier1 appointment just in case. Paid 100 pounds each for the appointments.

I just checked my email and I got an email from the Tier1 PEO asking me to confirm again if I am attending the appointment and confirm my details again. If I don't reply to that email in 24 hours they will cancel my appointment!

Wtf!!! Why would I pay 100 pounds if I have to confirm this again. What if I did not check the email and something went wrong with my ILR.

They treat us like we are crap!!! They can do anything and everything whenever they feel like...
Agree with sheraz 7. Until I attended My PEO appointment,I checked every day twice, My E-mail account and also whether My appointment was still Active in the UKBA web site.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Sat May 18, 2013 11:23 am

Complain to UKBA. More we complain, the better service will be.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm

if you unhappy from their service then you can complaint them.
REGARDS

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon May 20, 2013 7:41 am

sheraz7 wrote:if you unhappy from their service then you can complaint them.
I think its not me ..everyone on this forum will be unhappy no?

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:I am applying for ILR next week and I also booked Tier1 appointment just in case. Paid 100 pounds each for the appointments.

Agree with sheraz 7. Until I attended My PEO appointment,I checked every day twice, My E-mail account and also whether My appointment was still Active in the UKBA web site.
Kevin are you saying that after paying the money and confirming the appointment I still have bloody time to check UKBA emails!
This is like I go to the shop pay for the goods and I get an email from the shop again saying ..ohhhh the demand of the product you purchased yesterday has gone up...so if you dont reply to this email you will have to send it back hahahaha!!!

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon May 20, 2013 7:49 am

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Kevin are you saying that after paying the money and confirming the appointment I still have bloody time to check UKBA emails!
This is like I go to the shop pay for the goods and I get an email from the shop again saying ..ohhhh the demand of the product you purchased yesterday has gone up..are you still using the product?? if not please reply to this email... if you dont reply to this email you will have to send it back hahahaha!!!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 am

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

This is like I go to the shop pay for the goods and I get an email from the shop again saying ..ohhhh the demand of the product you purchased yesterday has gone up...so if you dont reply to this email you will have to send it back hahahaha!!!
If you want your ILR appointment to be as scheduled originally by you,there is no harm in checking UKBA E-mails..O.K you turn up for your PEO appointment and the PEO staff tells you that your appointment has been cancelled.What are you going to do then??It's your ILR appointment, not any body elses??
KEVIN

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon May 20, 2013 10:40 am

I have recently booked PEO appointment and paid £100 already.
How long it will take receive Payment Confirmation letter via post ?

Please advise

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:34 pm

pegakrishna wrote:I have recently booked PEO appointment and paid £100 already.

Please advise
You should receive the letter by post with in 5 days. If not you need to contact UKBA.
KEVIN

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 pm

@Syed_ILR:
I totally agree with you and you should write to UKBA. It does help them improve their services.

Here are email id, I used in the past:
UKBApublicenquiries AT ukba.gsi.gov.uk
ApplyOnlineE-Support AT homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I wrote to UKBA about speculative booking and problems with appointment.
I indeed got acknowledgement saying they will forward to concerned dept.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

If you want your ILR appointment to be as scheduled originally by you,there is no harm in checking UKBA E-mails..O.K you turn up for your PEO appointment and the PEO staff tells you that your appointment has been cancelled.What are you going to do then??It's your ILR appointment, not any body elses??
Kevin I think you are not understanding my point. I am not asking anyone what to do or what not to do. Obviously from now on I will be checking my emails regularly.
My point is what is wrong and what is right. Do you agree it is right or wrong? Do you think me checking the email is right or wrong?

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm

t1s2010 wrote:@Syed_ILR:
I totally agree with you and you should write to UKBA. It does help them improve their services.

Here are email id, I used in the past:
UKBApublicenquiries AT ukba.gsi.gov.uk
ApplyOnlineE-Support AT homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I wrote to UKBA about speculative booking and problems with appointment.
I indeed got acknowledgement saying they will forward to concerned dept.
Thanks I will defo write to them.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:13 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Kevin I think you are not understanding my point. I am not asking anyone what to do or what not to do. Obviously from now on I will be checking my emails regularly.
My point is what is wrong and what is right. Do you agree it is right or wrong? Do you think me checking the email is right or wrong?
I understand your point.I am not telling you to check your E-mails every day.Your stand is,Why check the E-mails after paying £100?? I have no problems with that. What is the end result, You have to get your ILR with out any hassle,that is the bottom line. I don't mind going throug any hard ship in going through to get that.I went through that expeerience.nce you get your ILR,you will understand, it's all the stress bloody worth it. When you experience that feeling then let me know.
KEVIN

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Due to high demand of PEO appointment an applicant certainly need to be extra careful especially in now a days until the time of appointment.
REGARDS

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Please advise
You should receive the letter by post with in 5 days. If not you need to contact UKBA.
Thanks Kevin. Today,I have received the Home office letter. In that letter, it has mentioned that Application Type as FS... I'm confused and UKBA online it says SET(O) service.

Please advise

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Please advise
Thanks Kevin. Today,I have received the Home office letter. In that letter, it has mentioned that Application Type as FS... I'm confused and UKBA online it says SET(O) service.

Please advise
Excellent News. You could check with them what FS,means. Send them an E-mail..
KEVIN

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 am

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
I understand your point.I am not telling you to check your E-mails every day.Your stand is,Why check the E-mails after paying £100?? I have no problems with that. What is the end result, You have to get your ILR with out any hassle,that is the bottom line. I don't mind going throug any hard ship in going through to get that.I went through that expeerience.nce you get your ILR,you will understand, it's all the stress bloody worth it. When you experience that feeling then let me know.
True!

workseeker
Newly Registered

Post by workseeker » Tue May 21, 2013 4:10 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
True!

I totally agree with Syed_ILR. This doesn't mean that I am disagreeing with others in checking emails. But what is the point in taking the payment? once the payment has been processed they are legally agreed to get you an appointment, unless you decide to amend it.

UKBA are treating immigrants as crap. Technology has improved so much everything can be automated. Once you make the payment email confirmation is more than enough. They don't have to send a confirmation, this approach is to drag the time.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 21, 2013 4:18 pm

workseeker wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
True!

I totally agree with Syed_ILR. This doesn't mean that I am disagreeing with others in checking emails. But what is the point in taking the payment? once the payment has been processed they are legally agreed to get you an appointment, unless you decide to amend it.

UKBA are treating immigrants as crap. Technology has improved so much everything can be automated. Once you make the payment email confirmation is more than enough. They don't have to send a confirmation, this approach is to drag the time.
Exactly!! They treat us like crap....but we ain't going to break no matter how much they bend us lool!!

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue May 21, 2013 10:15 pm

...but we ain't going to break no matter how much they bend us
I am worried though, so much bending and I wont ever be able to straighten up and look people in the eye again.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Any More Complaints Mate! May be CW and UKBA have heard about your non-stop rant,and approved your ILR immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol:
KEVIN

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Any More Complaints Mate! May be CW and UKBA have heard about your non-stop rant,and approved your ILR immediately. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol! true no complaints now ...

I am so nice ..I emailed the tier 1 peo as soon as I got my ILR to cancel my appointment even though I paid the 100 quid...may be someone in need can get it :)