ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Postal Application Delay

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

santoshganpath

OCI Postal Application Delay

Post by santoshganpath » Mon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

All,

I have applied for my OCI (Postal) family application on Mar 27, reached on March 28, its nearly 8 weeks now, I haven't received any acknowledgement.

Is it normal for this much delay. I have emailed Indian high commission but no response.

Are anyone waiting for so long who have made postal application during that time?

Please let me know.

Santosh

dineshgopal
Newly Registered

postal Delay

Post by dineshgopal » Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 am

Mine was received on 8th April, yet not acknowledged. Lets give them couple of weeks more.

smatt

Re: OCI Postal Application Delay

Post by smatt » Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

santoshganpath wrote:All,

I have applied for my OCI (Postal) family application on Mar 27, reached on March 28, its nearly 8 weeks now, I haven't received any acknowledgement.

Is it normal for this much delay. I have emailed Indian high commission but no response.

Are anyone waiting for so long who have made postal application during that time?

Please let me know.

Santosh
I have applied on same day (27 March)but till now not yet received any acknowledgement or return of my original documents

Kindly share if you receive any info.from HCI.......Thanks.........

siddhverm
Newly Registered

Post by siddhverm » Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm

santoshganpath wrote:All,

Please let me know.

Santosh
Hi Santosh,
Even i have applied for my infant kid OCI postal application to london on Mar 27 and till now now acknowledgement is showing on the status inquiry URL : http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome and giving me below message :

It seems that the passport number provided doesn't match the Web-File Number Provided

Let me know if anyone is facing the same issue ?

Cheers,
Sid

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sat May 25, 2013 9:42 pm

All,

It seems that the HCI is not sending any acknowledgements by email or by post. I think we have to check it online regularly. I was just checking my family application and could see all our applications have been acknowledged and the status is showing as "ON" and "UNDER PROCESS".

Go to the following website and enter your details, it should come up with the latest status. Link here. https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

If you have forgotten your details, you can retrieve them by clicking "forgotten registration number" on the same link and entering your British Passport number and DOB.

Regards...
Santosh

suraj99
Newly Registered

OCI appl , GBRLI or GBR1 ?? pls help

Post by suraj99 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi all !!

The application number for OCI starts with GBRLI or GBR1 ??
Is it an I or 1 ???

suraj99
Newly Registered

OCI appl tracking not working ?? pls help

Post by suraj99 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi !!!

When i click on the OCI status enquiry link it comes up as follows

passport number -
application number-

Answer this question - some stupid questions .

But no button to submit or click on !!
There is a bar across the bottom of the web page and no submit button is visible !!
Is this happening to everyone or just me ?

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Wed May 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Hello Suraj,

Initially, I thought the same way, but there is "enter here" button. You need reduce the size of the window - Press Ctrl and roll the mouse roller down side, you can reduce the window screen and you can see the "enter here" button.

Let me know if it works.

Regards...
Santosh

suraj99
Newly Registered

OCI tracking

Post by suraj99 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Santosh !! Thank you for your advice. I tried minimising the window and scrolling the screen but still no luck. There is a Brown coloured bar on top of the webpage and also the same coloured band across the bottom of the page covering the Pess/ Enter here button . I tired it on my laptop and also on ipad with no luck !! Any other tips please ??

Thanks before hand.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 pm

I sent my mobile number in your private message. call me.

Santosh

suraj99
Newly Registered

Post by suraj99 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Santosh !! I have just checked my Private message folder and it says no messages . Sorry.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 pm

call me

suraj99
Newly Registered

Post by suraj99 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks to Santosh . Yes i could see the Get status button after I reduced the screen size to 75 % .
OMG ..Indian embassy is playing mind games with people !!
One more thing is my postal OCI appl reached them on 18/04/2013 and when I emailed them yesterday about the acknowledgement , I had a reply today(!!) saying that they are going through 04/04/13 postal applications today .

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Thu May 30, 2013 6:55 pm

NIC (National Informatics Center) when creating this web page might have over-looked this part.

dineshgopal
Newly Registered

Re: postal Delay

Post by dineshgopal » Fri May 31, 2013 3:24 pm

dineshgopal wrote:Mine was received on 8th April, yet not acknowledged. Lets give them couple of weeks more.

Mine finally got acknowledged today ie 31/5/2013. They take time but they definately do it. So they took 53 days to acknowledge. From 8/4/13 to 31/5/13

rustyviolet
Newly Registered

Post by rustyviolet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:45 am

siddhverm wrote:
Hi Santosh,
Even i have applied for my infant kid OCI postal application to london on Mar 27 and till now now acknowledgement is showing on the status inquiry URL : http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome and giving me below message :

It seems that the passport number provided doesn't match the Web-File Number Provided

Cheers,
Sid
Hi Sid,

I've made an application on the 10th of May and despite my repeated attempts to check the status I keep getting the same error message. When I try to use the 'forgot registration number' link, I'm told 'no record found'.

Any ideas anyone?

Nisha

dineshgopal
Newly Registered

Post by dineshgopal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm

rustyviolet wrote:
siddhverm wrote:
Hi Santosh,

Cheers,
Sid
Hi Sid,

I've made an application on the 10th of May and despite my repeated attempts to check the status I keep getting the same error message. When I try to use the 'forgot registration number' link, I'm told 'no record found'.

Any ideas anyone?

Nisha
Hi Nisha,

Dont worry at all, I was getting the same in both the cases. But once they acknowleged every thing appeared. You may have to wait for nearly one more month to get acknowledged

Dinesh

rustyviolet
Newly Registered

Post by rustyviolet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reassurance Dinesh. Hopefully I'll be able to receive an acknowledgement from them soon.

Nisha

suraj99
Newly Registered

Post by suraj99 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

@ rusty violet

it is taking about 55 to 60 days to get the ackonwledgemt for postal aplications in london at the moment. mine reached them on 18/04/13 but no acknowledgemnt yet.

suraj99
Newly Registered

Post by suraj99 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

I had my online oci acknowledgement yesterday.
Date postal appl reached London - 18/04/13
Acknowledgement - 11/06/13