ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET-M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DB12

SET-M

Post by DB12 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi All,

in first week of June i am applying for my wife's settlement at PEO office in person. she is currently holding FLR-M visa and she came to uk before July 2012. we will be applying using SET-M. can anyone or one of the senior member please answer my questions below. for information i have received settlement base on 10 years long residency.

1. is SET-m form correct?
2. what english language certificate she will required (currently she has A1 test which she used for FLR-M. also she has passed Life in the uk test - is that enough for the set-m?)
3. do we need to provide 6 types of letters for last two years

if anyone has successfully appplied for SET-M pre-July 2009 and can answer my questions will be veryhelpful

Emrah

Re: SET-M

Post by Emrah » Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 pm

DB12 wrote:Hi All,

in first week of June i am applying for my wife's settlement at PEO office in person. she is currently holding FLR-M visa and she came to uk before July 2012. we will be applying using SET-M. can anyone or one of the senior member please answer my questions below. for information i have received settlement base on 10 years long residency.

2. what english language certificate she will required (currently she has A1 test which she used for FLR-M. also she has passed Life in the uk test - is that enough for the set-m?)

if anyone has successfully appplied for SET-M pre-July 2009 and can answer my questions will be veryhelpful
I will be applying SET M at the begging of the June as well.

1- Yes it is right form

2- If she has passed Life in the UK test it is enough.

3- Yes
You need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names.

If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.

For example – 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items will need to be submitted.

If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years.

They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this

hello32
Newly Registered

Post by hello32 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 am

hi
you don't need to provide 6 types of letters if you provide your marriage certificate as I did and just gave them telephone bill on her name, her DVLA good luck

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 9:06 am

hello32 wrote:hi
you don't need to provide 6 types of letters if you provide your marriage certificate as I did and just gave them telephone bill on her name, her DVLA good luck

You have to submit your marriage certificate anyway, please do not make statements like this. The op should follow the requirements in the guide, 6 letters over the 2 year period from at least 3 different sources. Roughly a letter in joint names or one letter each for every 4 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am

hello32 wrote:hi
Please don't advice people in here what you say dont make sense.