ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ?wrong decision

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 12:02 pm

T&T wrote:Yes my ILR was based on 10 years long residence (5.5 years on student visa and 4.5 years on Tier 2 General). We felt as he was already qualified for ILR in his own right through long residence we could use SET M form and link that to my own application. Possibly the confusion came from there!
Have you had your ILR granted via SET(O) Economical Route, He was possibly qualified for SET(M). However, if he had spent 10 yrs with you he should've used SET(LR) then known as SET(O) 10 Yr LR.

Now that he's also completed 10 yrs in his own right, he is qualified on both routes. 1. SET(M) as your dependent. 2. SET(LR) in his own right.
Choice is yours.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Monoo7800
Newly Registered

UKBA clerical error!!!

Post by Monoo7800 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Dear All

In reference to my previous post.

I received my Acknowledgment letter from UKBA on 6th December 2012. I have yet to receive my invitation for Biometrics so I called the UKBA Enquiries number today. I spoke to representative who told me that they had been sending documents to my previous address!!! Despite my application clearly stating my current address AND receiving the acknowledgment letter at my current address they had been sending documents to an address from 2 years ago (when I applied for a Tier 1 visa).

I was then advised to update my address online and then to request a "Return of Documents" to my new address. I have done this and will also be writing about this to my MP.

Has anybody had a similar experience? If so, what is the effect on the processing time for the ILR application? Please help!

DB12

SET-M

Post by DB12 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi All,

in first week of June i am applying for my wife's settlement at PEO office in person. she is currently holding FLR-M visa and she came to uk before July 2012. we will be applying using SET-M. can anyone or one of the senior member please answer my questions below. for information i have received settlement base on 10 years long residency.

1. is SET-m form correct?
2. what english language certificate she will required (currently she has A1 test which she used for FLR-M. also she has passed Life in the uk test - is that enough for the set-m?)
3. do we need to provide 6 types of letters for last two years

if anyone has successfully appplied for SET-M pre-July 2009 and can answer my questions will be veryhelpful

Mani786
Newly Registered

10 years Long Residence...

Post by Mani786 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Damanisshallo

Thanks for your kind response, as i have seen you have been always very helpful, actually, my son came in September, 2007 to join us, as student dependant. my wife was student at that time, he born back home, and currently he was also on Tier-1 general dependant, I filled FLR (M) alongiwht him as my dependant, and my wife applied on SET (O) now i am confused, as I have competed my 10 years in this country, now confusion is fee differences, and my sons's application. Please shed some light. Thanks

Kind Regards
M.Hamza

kimnjuka

Re: My timeline

Post by kimnjuka » Thu May 23, 2013 1:34 pm

sudhirbph wrote:applied 07/01/13
acknowledgement: 10/01/13
Biometric: 09/02/13
Aproval letter: 23/05/13
BRP: waiting
just short of 5 months....things are improving. :D

Hi you are so Lucky mate, am a December 21st applicant, am still waiting patiently.God Bless enjoy your freedom..

z18runway

Re: My timeline

Post by z18runway » Thu May 23, 2013 2:02 pm

sudhirbph wrote:applied 07/01/13
acknowledgement: 10/01/13
Biometric: 09/02/13
Aproval letter: 23/05/13
BRP: waiting
just short of 5 months....things are improving. :D
congratulations.

mmakhan

set m after flrm under new rules

Post by mmakhan » Thu May 23, 2013 2:34 pm

hi guys i applied for my wife's flrm on 21/03/2013 she have been here with me since 2008 as a psw dependent and from past 3 years as a teir 1 general dependent today we have received her BRP card with a visa of 2 and half years although we left the financial requirement section in her flr m form they gave her visa i think according to new rules whatever i got an appointment for her SET M application for next week and have already paid the initial booking fees but now i am confused whether i can apply for her set m directly or do i have to wait for 5 years.
CAN THE SENIOR MEMBERS OF this forum help me out of this confusion i dont want to loose the sum of 1400 pounds after going to the PEO.
PLEASE HELP ME.
MY TIMELINE
APPLIED set o 6/09/2012
approved-1/05/2013
Last edited by mmakhan on Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years Long Residence...

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Mani786 wrote:Actually, my son came in September, 2007 to join us, as student dependant. my wife was student at that time, he born back home, and currently he was also on Tier-1 general dependant, I filled FLR (M) alongiwht him as my dependant, and my wife applied on SET (O) now i am confused, as I have competed my 10 years in this country, now confusion is fee differences, and my sons's application. Please shed some light.
I'd have thought SET(F) to be more relevant for your son. (Assuming that your son is below 18 )

With regards to fee difference, it looks as simple as Sum [Your SET(LR) + Your Son's SET(F)] - FLR(M). However, I'd advise you to vary your applications by paying the actual fee and then request for your refund once these new applications are processed. Only to avoid further (if any) administrative errors.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Thu May 23, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Mani786
Newly Registered

Post by Mani786 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Damanisshallo

Thank you once again for your kind response. I have studied SET (F) after getting your kind advise, one more question, neither me nor my wife granted ILR yet, my wife applied on Long Residence in Feb-2013 and still waiting for the decision, and I have to apply yet as well, so what would be your advise once again.

Kind Regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: need some help

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:11 pm

mmakhan wrote:hi guys i applied for my wife's flrm on 21/03/2013 she have been here with me since 2008 as a psw dependent and from past 3 years as a teir 1 general dependent today we have received her BRP card with a visa of 2 and half years although we left the financial requirement section in her flr m form they gave her visa i think according to new rules whatever i got an appointment for her SET M application for next week and have already paid the initial booking fees but now i am confused whether i can apply for her set m directly or do i have to wait for 5 years.
CAN THE SENIOR MEMBERS OF this forum help me out of this confusion i dont want to loose the sum of 1400 pounds after going to the PEO.
PLEASE HELP ME.
MY TIMELINE
APPLIED set o 6/09/2012
approved-1/05/2013

No she is fine..she can apply for SET(M) now

why do you think you were given FLR(M) under new rules...

- is it because they gave her 2 and half years of visa??... How many years do you think they should have given then...

- I think that's a general letter they are printing that the applicants have to wait 5 years... but according to them they are correct...ure wife was given a dependent on settled person visa and its probationary period is 5 years .... but as she was granted her first dependent visa before july 2012 and she was on a dependent visa whose main applicant is on a route to settlement visa..she can amalgamate (carry forward) the probationary time from that visa... so she is eligible to apply for settlement..

best of luck

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: SET-M

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:16 pm

DB12 wrote:Hi All,

in first week of June i am applying for my wife's settlement at PEO office in person. she is currently holding FLR-M visa and she came to uk before July 2012. we will be applying using SET-M. can anyone or one of the senior member please answer my questions below. for information i have received settlement base on 10 years long residency.

1. is SET-m form correct?
2. what english language certificate she will required (currently she has A1 test which she used for FLR-M. also she has passed Life in the uk test - is that enough for the set-m?)
3. do we need to provide 6 types of letters for last two years

if anyone has successfully appplied for SET-M pre-July 2009 and can answer my questions will be veryhelpful
I haven't applied it yet but can advise you with your questions

1. yes
2. good - that's enough - LIUK is enough till October 2013
3. yes

correction - not pre- July 2009 but it is pre-July 2012

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
T&T wrote:Yes my ILR was based on 10 years long residence (5.5 years on student visa and 4.5 years on Tier 2 General). We felt as he was already qualified for ILR in his own right through long residence we could use SET M form and link that to my own application. Possibly the confusion came from there!
Have you had your ILR granted via SET(O) Economical Route, He was possibly qualified for SET(M). However, if he had spent 10 yrs with you he should've used SET(LR) then known as SET(O) 10 Yr LR.

Now that he's also completed 10 yrs in his own right, he is qualified on both routes. 1. SET(M) as your dependent. 2. SET(LR) in his own right.
Choice is yours.
Yup Had he applied on SET(O) and NOT linked (which I think it gave another wrong signal) his application to yours... he would have got ILR...that is if he had finished his 10yrs when he applied (which is what I got it from your earlier post - sorry if I am wrong)

regards

mmakhan

Post by mmakhan » Thu May 23, 2013 3:25 pm

saanju9 wrote:
mmakhan wrote:hi guys i applied for my wife's flrm on 21/03/2013 she have been here with me since 2008 as a psw dependent and from past 3 years as a teir 1 general dependent today we have received her BRP card with a visa of 2 and half years although we left the financial requirement section in her flr m form they gave her visa i think according to new rules whatever i got an appointment for her SET M application for next week and have already paid the initial booking fees but now i am confused whether i can apply for her set m directly or do i have to wait for 5 years.
PLEASE HELP ME.
MY TIMELINE
APPLIED set o 6/09/2012
approved-1/05/2013

- is it because they gave her 2 and half years of visa??... How many years do you think they should have given then...

- I think that's a general letter they are printing that the applicants have to wait 5 years... but according to them they are correct...ure wife was given a dependent on settled person visa and its probationary period is 5 years .... but as she was granted her first dependent visa before july 2012 and she was on a dependent visa whose main applicant is on a route to settlement visa..she can amalgamate (carry forward) the probationary time from that visa... so she is eligible to apply for settlement.
thankyou sooooooooooooooo much
yes bcoz they gave her visa for 2 and half years .i thought she will get visa for 2 years
is there any article/rule for this so that i can highlight it or write a covering letter to them when i go for PEO.

mmakhan

Post by mmakhan » Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

mmakhan wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
PLEASE HELP ME.
MY TIMELINE
APPLIED set o 6/09/2012
approved-1/05/2013

- I think that's a general letter they are printing that the applicants have to wait 5 years... but according to them they are correct...ure wife was given a dependent on settled person visa and its probationary period is 5 years .... but as she was granted her first dependent visa before july 2012 and she was on a dependent visa whose main applicant is on a route to settlement visa..she can amalgamate (carry forward) the probationary time from that visa... so she is eligible to apply for settlement.
thankyou sooooooooooooooo much
yes bcoz they gave her visa for 2 and half years .i thought she will get visa for 2 years
is there any article/rule for this so that i can highlight it or write a covering letter to them when i go for PEO.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Mani786 wrote:Thank you once again for your kind response. I have studied SET (F) after getting your kind advise, one more question, neither me nor my wife granted ILR yet, my wife applied on Long Residence in Feb-2013 and still waiting for the decision, and I have to apply yet as well, so what would be your advise once again.
In this case, you could either use FLR(O) or SET(F) with a covering letter to link his application to your Wife's SET(O). (Similar to what members are doin' with their FLR(M) lately). I'd suggest you to take a second opinion from others.
Skydrives, Templates

Mani786
Newly Registered

Post by Mani786 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks very much Damanisshallo

I am seriousely thinking about SET (F) according to your advise, but one thing is clear that he can't stay on FLR (M) application, cause he has applied as a dependant on my behalf, as I will be applying for SET (LR) sooner.

Kind Regards.

T&T
Newly Registered

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

Choice is yours.
Thanks Damani and Saanju9,

We think SET (M) will give us the opportunity of applying for same day service and we can put all the stress behind us rather than apply SET (LR) by post which can take months. What do you think?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

T&T wrote:We think SET (M) will give us the opportunity of applying for same day service and we can put all the stress behind us rather than apply SET (LR) by post which can take months. What do you think?
There are Pros & Cons for both depending on your circumstances. The only con with SET(LR) is the duration of processing time and the fact that one cannot go for premium service. However, WRT SET(M) there may be some extra paperwork needed. Having said this, if you are fine with all the documents the yes, SET(M) is more appropriate.
Skydrives, Templates

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu May 23, 2013 5:37 pm

saanju9 wrote:
PLEASE HELP ME.
MY TIMELINE
APPLIED set o 6/09/2012
approved-1/05/2013

- I think that's a general letter they are printing that the applicants have to wait 5 years... but according to them they are correct...ure wife was given a dependent on settled person visa and its probationary period is 5 years .... but as she was granted her first dependent visa before july 2012 and she was on a dependent visa whose main applicant is on a route to settlement visa..she can amalgamate (carry forward) the probationary time from that visa... so she is eligible to apply for settlement..

best of luck
good and precise advice.

T&T
Newly Registered

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
T&T wrote:We think SET (M) will give us the opportunity of applying for same day service and we can put all the stress behind us rather than apply SET (LR) by post which can take months. What do you think?
There are Pros & Cons for both depending on your circumstances. The only con with SET(LR) is the duration of processing time and the fact that one cannot go for premium service. However, WRT SET(M) there may be some extra paperwork needed. Having said this, if you are fine with all the documents the yes, SET(M) is more appropriate.
Thanks Damani, I do agree with you. I think we can cope with the extra paperwork needed for (SET M) as that was what we completed initially for him or are there new/additional documents that will aid this application?

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

10 months and counting

Post by Hwima » Fri May 24, 2013 4:35 am

Hi all

Some of you might be wondering about the outstanding/pending timelines on sky drive so I thought I should give a little update. Well, don't know about the rest, but I'm still here. Yes, July 18 2012 applicant!

I've been quite depressed in the last week or two so I decided not to check the goings on on this forum so often and its probably gone the trick. Naturally one feels a bit jealous when things are moving for everyone else but them, especially when they were first on queue. I'm much better now, although I must say I still check the postman's every move everyday.

You might recall that I was upbeat about getting the MP involved 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. They thought I shouldn't have applied when I did even though I had qualified 5 months before then. There is nothing in the rules to suggest I shouldn't have. The reason being 1.I still had 9 months leave to remain and the UKBA rightly prioritized those whose leave was expiring before mine 2. I can still apply and qualify for an extension as my wife's dependent and be granted Discretionary Leave, in which case I would have had to wait until April 2013. Honestly, how many of us would wait?

So now besides writing the secretary of state and her chief executive, there really is no other option left but wait. I have a feeling they might give the same response and my fear is I'd be risking my application being pushed further down the pile.

In short, I'm still here and the woes won't go away. Happy waiting!

ebo1
Newly Registered

Post by ebo1 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am

I finally received my ILR after a bit more than 8 months wait. Application posted on 12 Sept 2012. Acknowledgement letter was dated 14th of Sept. Biometrics done last week of November. BRP card issue date and UKBA letter date is 15th of May (no stamp on passport) and delivered to the solicitor on 17th of May. There was a slight complication on my application, at some point in past I unintentionally exceeded 180 days limit not to be spent outside of UK as a single gap (was less than 7 months). I received all docs this week. It was quite long wait... I know there are people waiting longer than this and I hope they will get good news very soon...

I also sent emails to Rob W., then received a reply from his PA that he is no longer on that role and I forwarded my email to UKBA's complaints line. I also wrote local MP twice and he sent an email to UKBA on behalf of me. But, no reply yet. It seems to me that you only get a reply to those complaints/progress request once your case is completed. My solicitor also wrote chase letters to UKBA, I think every four weeks since Dec. I am not sure if any of them did any help though.

There is one question I would like to ask though, is there anyone out there who applied/planning to apply Citizenship under '15 months rule' and it is a viable option?

This forum is really very valuable and with great very helpful people. Good luck everyone waiting their decision and I wish you all the best.

jony_dhaka

Re: 10 months and counting

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri May 24, 2013 9:16 am

Hwima wrote:Hi all

Some of you might be wondering about the outstanding/pending timelines on sky drive so I thought I should give a little update. Well, don't know about the rest, but I'm still here. Yes, July 18 2012 applicant!

I've been quite depressed in the last week or two so I decided not to check the goings on on this forum so often and its probably gone the trick. Naturally one feels a bit jealous when things are moving for everyone else but them, especially when they were first on queue. I'm much better now, although I must say I still check the postman's every move everyday.

You might recall that I was upbeat about getting the MP involved 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. They thought I shouldn't have applied when I did even though I had qualified 5 months before then. There is nothing in the rules to suggest I shouldn't have. The reason being 1.I still had 9 months leave to remain and the UKBA rightly prioritized those whose leave was expiring before mine 2. I can still apply and qualify for an extension as my wife's dependent and be granted Discretionary Leave, in which case I would have had to wait until April 2013. Honestly, how many of us would wait?

So now besides writing the secretary of state and her chief executive, there really is no other option left but wait. I have a feeling they might give the same response and my fear is I'd be risking my application being pushed further down the pile.

Hi could you please write clearly that is there any problem in your 10 year in uk ?? was you application is straight forward ?? i have a visa until september 2013 but i have complied my 10 year in uk march 2013 .so i applied . do you think my one will be late as well ?? !

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 am

mmakhan wrote: thankyou sooooooooooooooo much

Read the below you will find answers to question

See this post by Damanisshallo and read few more posts below and above this post

Click her to find information from UKBA website

Hope this helps..

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: 10 months and counting

Post by saanju9 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am

jony_dhaka wrote:
Hwima wrote:Hi all

Hi could you please write clearly that is there any problem in your 10 year in uk ?? was you application is straight forward ?? i have a visa until september 2013 but i have complied my 10 year in uk march 2013 .so i applied . do you think my one will be late as well ?? !
No nothing Like that we all applied before our visa expired and got them alright..

Hwima was unlucky... I mean we all are unlucky to wait these long long periods but Hwima was really really really unlucky...

Sorry Hwima I didn't know how to describe it... you know how it goes... you need a bit of wit when you feeling low... Have a bit of whiskey or something....

and secondly..do write to the home secretary .. just in case you will find some luck ... ombudsman is an other option ... just do it in your spare time you might find luck...and who knows they might reimburse your whole fees