ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

difference between restricted and unrestricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hopeforall9
Mood:

difference between restricted and unrestricted COS

Post by hopeforall9 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi guys

I am a bit confused on the difference between the restricted and unrestricted COS. I am going to be switching from PSW to Tier 2 and need to know which one our company asks for and what are the guidelines? Thank you

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Fri May 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Some jobs where there could be an impact on resident labour are restricted - in other words the sponsor has to ask the UKBA before they can issue the CoS. Unrestricted CoS can be issued by the sponsor without reference to the UKBA because they are generally higher skilled or shortage occupations.

safajnaseef

Re: difference between restricted and unrestricted COS

Post by safajnaseef » Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 pm

hopeforall9 wrote:Hi guys

I am a bit confused on the difference between the restricted and unrestricted COS. I am going to be switching from PSW to Tier 2 and need to know which one our company asks for and what are the guidelines? Thank you
Since you are switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 then you need unrestricted COS.

Both restricted and unrestricted COS must be allocated by the Home Office before the employer can use it. The difference is that the number of restricted COS allocated by the Home Office is limited to 20700 a year, and unlimited for unrestricted COS.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 pm

thank you safajnaseef, i figured it was an unrestricted CoS we needed but everyone in our office seems rather confused by the wording of the documentation and then got me confused as well.

safatafa
Member of Standing

Post by safatafa » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi there
Restricted cos is for those ppl applying from outside the uk there is an annual limit applied on it whereas unrestricted cos is for those who are in uk applying for extending and switching .
Hope this clarifies u can only apply for unrestricted cos if in country.

nagarjunareddy04
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by nagarjunareddy04 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:40 pm

safatafa wrote:Hi there
Restricted cos is for those ppl applying from outside the uk there is an annual limit applied on it whereas unrestricted cos is for those who are in uk applying for extending and switching .
Hope this clarifies u can only apply for unrestricted cos if in country.

Thank you very much I got the clarity now on Restricted and Un-Restricted.