ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit Eligible or not?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzanaseer79

Child Benefit Eligible or not?

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am

Hi,

My friend has got his ILR under 10+ years LONG stay in May 2013.

His wife is on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa, as my friend was on Tier 1 (General Visa) before getting his ILR.

He got kids 2 kids:
1) Born in UK, on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa
2) Born in UK, on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa

His wife will be applying for Dependent visa under his ILR Status.

So, can my friend claim for Child Benefit before he applies or granted for his child Naturalisation?
If not, once both children get Naturalisation, can the Child benefit be back dated to Father ILR granted date?

Much appreciate for your input?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child Benefit Eligible or not?

Post by Amber » Sun May 26, 2013 10:25 am

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Hi,

My friend has got his ILR under 10+ years LONG stay in May 2013.

His wife is on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa, as my friend was on Tier 1 (General Visa) before getting his ILR.

He got kids 2 kids:
1) Born in UK, on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa
2) Born in UK, on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa

His wife will be applying for Dependent visa under his ILR Status.

So, can my friend claim for Child Benefit before he applies or granted for his child Naturalisation?
If not, once both children get Naturalisation, can the Child benefit be back dated to Father ILR granted date?

Much appreciate for your input?
Children are not naturalised rather they can apply to register as British Citizens, in this case as the children were born in the UK and as a parent is now settled they have entitlement to register as British Citizens under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act.

As you/your friend are now settled you/they should make any claims for child benefit in their/your name and the tax credits application should be in joint names with your/their spouse.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.