ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Rejected: not enough reason to return

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tyro

Family Visitor Visa Rejected: not enough reason to return

Post by Tyro » Tue May 21, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Everyone,
I need some advise on following.

My Brother applied for family visitor visa to visit me and my family in UK.
He recently completed his Btech and wanted to have a break before taking on any further education or employment. After 4 weeks of consideration his application has been rejected on following ground.
Refusal of entry clearance
You have stated that you wish to visit your brother; I recognise the importance of family. To consider whether or not i am satisfied that your intentions are stated that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules i must assess your own personal and financial circumstances. You have stated that you have recently completed B.Tech in computer science. However, you have not submitted any documentary evidence demonstrating that you have completed this course. You are currently unemployed and you do not have any employment or further study arranged. This causes me to doubt your real intentions .You have not provided any evidence of your own personal financial circumstances. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a limited period as stated by you, not exceeding 6 months (paragraph 41(i) & (ii) of HC 395 as amended). You have stated that you are financially supported by your brother. Whilst i accept that you have submitted evidence of your brother's employment and income circumstances, you have not submitted any evidence to show that he sends you regular funds. You have not demonstrated how you are meeting your daily expenses. i note that you have submitted bank statements in your parent's name but you have not demonstrated your parent's employment and income circumstances and have therefore not demonstrated the origin of the funds credited to their accounts . i am not satisfied therefore that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic circumstances in India . i am not satisfied that you plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months.( paragraph 41(i) & (ii) of HC 395 as amended). i have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied , on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules
we submitted my work detail, and bank statements and sponsor letter. we didn't appeal against it and willing to make a fresh application. he is also thinking to look for universities while he is here and a bit tourism. Please advise if this is ok to mention in my convering letter. Also shall we submit above mentioned letter of refusal with fresh application with additional documents which will satisfy the criteria. I am also considering to apply his with my mum, as she has visited us twice in last three years.

I am so confused with this refusal, someone told me if you apply for student visa, now they may think that you are seeking entry by any method, so we should apply for visitor visa again.
Please help with your advise.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:24 pm

What they are looking for is for your brother's strong ties in his home country. Something in his home country that will make him leave UK at the end of his visit. Any more documents provided from your side in UK will not change their decision.

A young single male, no job, no money, not a real chance of getting visit visa I think.

Tyro

Post by Tyro » Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:What they are looking for is for your brother's strong ties in his home country. Something in his home country that will make him leave UK at the end of his visit. Any more documents provided from your side in UK will not change their decision.

A young single male, no job, no money, not a real chance of getting visit visa I think.

Hi Ayyubi, Thanks for your reply. He is also interested to study in UK, the plan was for him to come as visitor, see the country and look for courses as well. Now while he has been rejected a visitor visa, will it make a difference on his student visa application.
Thanks