ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:12 am

Any good news guys??

chinouk

Re: Should I appeal or re-apply? Please help

Post by chinouk » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks, I was surprised to find out appeal actually take longer than re-apply. so I think I will just make a fresh application, will take other 4-6 months but appeal im not sure i can win, because I did not provide enough documents at that time.
Babz wrote:Do both...Appeal then reapply asap...appeal can take ages...
chinouk wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks for the advices about my case during the bank holiday weekend. but I would like someone had similar experiences or any Guru give me more advices if i should re-apply or appeal.

My situation is our EEA2?&EEA3 both been refused for not providing sufficient evidences for self-employed (only provide personal bank statement and 5 years tax return assessment from). We believe partly its out fault as we got all the documents in hand(invoice/receipts, business bank statement, brochure, advertisement etc). and we can Provide those straight away.

so my question is should I appeal by providing more documents ( or Am I allow do that) or I should just re-apply as soon as I can.

Thanks

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 pm

I just get a call back from a solicitor and what he said bit surprised me. he said I can not re-apply as they will just ingore me. I should appeal with additional supporting documents.

I know I got chance to appeal ( not sure I can win with documents I sent before) but I think I allowed to re-apply. The solicitors said he is right. I am confused now.
Thanks for the advices about my case during the bank holiday weekend. but I would like someone had similar experiences or any Guru give me more advices if i should re-apply or appeal.

My situation is our EEA2?&EEA3 both been refused for not providing sufficient evidences for self-employed (only provide personal bank statement and 5 years tax return assessment from). We believe partly its out fault as we got all the documents in hand(invoice/receipts, business bank statement, brochure, advertisement etc). and we can Provide those straight away.

so my question is should I appeal by providing more documents ( or Am I allow do that) or I should just re-apply as soon as I can.

Thanks
[/quote]

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 pm

December application where are u guys??

ja2wadpk
Newly Registered

Post by ja2wadpk » Tue May 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Is any October 2012 left here ? Guess I feel so lonely here :?

EEA1+EEA2 Married time line.

Sent on 28th September 2012
COA recieved 25th October 2012 dated 19th October 2012

Change of address sent, 1st week of January
Wife got her PR on 6th April 2013

RC: ????
from 19th October 2012 to present its been 7 months and 9 days excl Holidays

Last week sent a letter regarding my case. no response yet!!!

Gaelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gaelle » Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 pm

App sent:20/05/2013 wife sponsorship after EEA family permit
Received:21/05/2013
COA received:28/05/2013 (dated 23/05/2013;with right to work)
RC: waiting

The Home office still managed to make a mistake on my husband's name on his COA when sending correct name on application form and passport...
I guess I'll need to send them an email asking for a correction and a new COA...???

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Tue May 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Gaelle wrote:App sent:20/05/2013 wife sponsorship after EEA family permit

The Home office still managed to make a mistake on my husband's name on his COA when sending correct name on application form and passport...
I guess I'll need to send them an email asking for a correction and a new COA...???
This happend to me as welll.....
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

Gaelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gaelle » Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 pm

miryferny wrote:

Did you contact them to let them know? email, letter?did you get any responses about that?

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 am

Gaelle wrote:
miryferny wrote:

Did you contact them to let them know? email, letter?did you get any responses about that?
Not yet..I was thinking to write an email
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: WOOOHOOOOO

Post by ukforever » Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 am

chursy wrote:I provided the following :-

a) Bank Statements
b) Employment contract
c) Tenancy Agreement
d) Passports
e) Previous resident cards in Ireland ( mine was a suringder shinda case)
f) Marriage Certificate.
g) documentation of daughter
h) Utility bills etc

Cover letter to tie everything together. Mine was a straightforward case. Keep it simple

I sent the documents around 18th Marhc
REcieved COB - 25 March
Request passport return - 29 March
Recieved passports - 3rd April
Recieved resident card 21 MAy
i hope u did supply the employment contract from the other state(ireland) because as a returning resident,u are not obliged to supply what u are doing right now in the uk,but what matters only is what u did in the other state,because u can't exercise your treaty right in your own country and u are regarded in the uk as a self sufficient when it comes to show u are a qualified person on arrival after the initial 3 month residency as it should be if u were an EEA citizen.
UK------++++-------****

thefly
Newly Registered

Residence Card finally arrived

Post by thefly » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 am

Hey guys, I wrote a while ago to ask for support and suggestions and I have to say that this forum was everything I had to keep my mind at peace in tormented times.
We finally received my husband's Residence Card after 9 months from our initial application. I thought of sharing our experience in the hope this will be of any help for those of you who are still waiting.
Few months after applying for my husband's RC we requested the return of our passports to travel and see our families and while abroad we had applied for a new EEA family Permit because we though it would make things easier on our journey back to UK. Our EEA family Permit application was never processed and after 2 months waiting we decided to cancel it and to return to UK with a CoA and an original copy of our Marriage Certificate. Since my husband and I were travelling together and he is a non-Visa National we had no problem whatsoever to cross the border.
I'd like to mention that while he was stranded waiting for his Family Permit we had contacted an MP. It didn't make his Family Permit Application any faster but when at the UK Border the Immigration Officer told us that he could see in my husband's RC application that an MP had been involved and he said that generally it helps moving things faster.
My husband's employer was flexible enough to accept his CoA as proof of eligibility to work, so it is possible and perfectly legal.
I think the take home message of our experience is be aware of your rights. Read as much as you can and verify the credibility of your sources. Most of the time you know more about your rights than some of the MPs that you may contact or most of the call center employee who works for the European Enquire Center.
From the bottom of my heart good luck to everyone and stay strong.

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Wed May 29, 2013 5:38 pm

I believe you can either appeal or re-apply. How can you have original documents for both applications.

Thanks

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Wed May 29, 2013 5:49 pm

chinouk wrote:I believe you can either appeal or re-apply. How can you have original documents for both applications.

Thanks
You use photocopied documents for appeal, NOT original

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Wow, Thank you I thought both need original, but if u win both case, not confused case worker?
Babz wrote:
chinouk wrote:I believe you can either appeal or re-apply. How can you have original documents for both applications.

Thanks

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Wed May 29, 2013 7:27 pm

chinouk wrote:Wow, Thank you I thought both need original, but if u win both case, not confused case worker?
Babz wrote:
No there wont be any mix up. Everything is logged to the UKBA database. So the caseworker will know if you've appealed or not.so if the new application is accepted they may write you to withdraw your appeal.

hunter1
Newly Registered
France

Post by hunter1 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 am

Hi Babz, thanks for your kind help. Don't they need original documents at oral hearing? If judge asks for original additional supporting documents then what would you do?
Did you re-applied in same route with additional supporting documents?
I also want to re-apply but through self sufficient route (through my employment), because my wife is on maternity leave and she didn't qualified for maternity paye. But when I applied she was working at that time. My solicitor said they will decide based on previous status.
And If I re-apply they may argue that I don't have right to work as my PSW visa expired now. On other hand continuity right to live and work in UK remains intact during appeal. I'm confused so just waiting for oral hearing not reapplying. Any suggestion?
Babz wrote:
chinouk wrote:Wow, Thank you I thought both need original, but if u win both case, not confused case worker?
Babz wrote:
No there wont be any mix up. Everything is logged to the UKBA database. So the caseworker will know if you've appealed or not.so if the new application is accepted they may write you to withdraw your appeal.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu May 30, 2013 6:45 am

hunter1 wrote:Hi Babz, thanks for your kind help. Don't they need original documents at oral hearing? If judge asks for original additional supporting documents then what would you do?
I also want to re-apply but through self sufficient route (through my employment), because my wife is on maternity leave and she didn't qualified for maternity paye. But when I applied she was working at that time. My solicitor said they will decide based on previous status.
And If I re-apply they may argue that I don't have right to work as my PSW visa expired now. On other hand continuity right to live and work in UK remains intact during appeal. I'm confused so just waiting for oral hearing not reapplying. Any suggestion?
Babz wrote:
Babz wrote: You use photocopied documents for appeal, NOT original
As for appeal, you can't send in new documents. You can only send them documents you have in your possession when you applied(i.e. before the decision date) and these have to be photocopies. These will be part of the documents the UKBA will prepare for the appeal.
In my case,I chose paper appeal and made sure I presented all necessary documents and explained the reason for the appeal in deep.
Anyway, I'll advise you consult with your solicitor(since you already have one) and hear what he says...

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Thu May 30, 2013 11:07 am

I believe you can not send supporting document dated after your application, but you can add any new documents which you have not included in your application to support your appeal.

but according to Babz, we cant not add new documents for appeal? please correct me if im wrong.
Babz wrote:
hunter1 wrote:Hi Babz, thanks for your kind help. Don't they need original documents at oral hearing? If judge asks for original additional supporting documents then what would you do?
Babz wrote:
As for appeal, you can't send in new documents. You can only send them documents you have in your possession when you applied(i.e. before the decision date) and these have to be photocopies. These will be part of the documents the UKBA will prepare for the appeal.
In my case,I chose paper appeal and made sure I presented all necessary documents and explained the reason for the appeal in deep.
Anyway, I'll advise you consult with your solicitor(since you already have one) and hear what he says...

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu May 30, 2013 11:14 am

chinouk wrote:I believe you can not send supporting document dated after your application, but you can add any new documents which you have not included in your application to support your appeal.

but according to Babz, we cant not add new documents for appeal? please correct me if im wrong.
Babz wrote:
Babz wrote: No there wont be any mix up. Everything is logged to the UKBA database. So the caseworker will know if you've appealed or not.so if the new application is accepted they may write you to withdraw your appeal.
You can add new documents provided the date on the document is before the date of decision.

chinouk

Post by chinouk » Thu May 30, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks Babz, are you sure not the date before the application received?

Thanks for your help, just im going to appeal now, its quite important information.

[quote="Babz"][quote="chinouk"]I believe you can not send supporting document dated after your application, but you can add any new documents which you have not included in your application to support your appeal.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu May 30, 2013 11:59 am

chinouk wrote:Thanks Babz, are you sure not the date before the application received?

Thanks for your help, just im going to appeal now, its quite important information.

Babz wrote:
chinouk wrote:I believe you can not send supporting document dated after your application, but you can add any new documents which you have not included in your application to support your appeal.

Documents available to you before decision...

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Can someone help me please, my application was rejected, i have a court date can i still carry on working in the mean time ? regards

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu May 30, 2013 12:57 pm

brascon wrote:Can someone help me please, my application was rejected, i have a court date can i still carry on working in the mean time ? regards
yes you can...

saud121
Newly Registered

Post by saud121 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:52 pm

any news about march applications ?

Mo2013

Post by Mo2013 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:12 pm

December application still waiting?